Moved into top sixteen in co-efficient

OrigTommy

What would two or three more seasons of this standard achieve? Anywhere near a automatic CL qualification?
Yes. This sudden jump is purely on the back of 2 good seasons. Scotland ranks 5th for this season at present, ahead of Italy and France believe it or not.

If we have 2 more seasons of this, then it's safe to say we'll have a guaranteed CL spot coming soon.

Coop

With that great win against Porto & the beggars getting 3pts , that moved us up to that crucial 16th place which could mean a vital 2nd spot in champions lge.
Steven Gerrard bringing back the good times
Yip,they cunts have %^*& all to do with it, it’s been all down to us.
You only have to look at the last 8 seasons they cunts have hade in Europe and they’ve been dreadful.

OrigTommy

The top 10 leagues get direct entrants to the group stage. Unfortunately that's way off for now.

10th place country is Ukraine on 33.100. We'd need to make up 8 coefficient points whilst other countries made nothing. Only way that would happen this season is if we went on to win the Europa league!
It's not as hard as you think.

At the end of this season, Season 15/16 is removed from the coefficient total. Ukraine achieved 9.800. Scotland achieved 3.000. So from the start of next season we've already made up 6.800 points and are only 1.200 points from leapfrogging them.

What Scotland has on our side, is we were pish pre-Gerrard. Since the Stevie G era commenced, our coefficient has rocketed. Each year we see a poor year drop off which is replaced by something considerably stronger. No other league has had such a contrast.

mrsjr1872

With that great win against Porto & the beggars getting 3pts , that moved us up to that crucial 16th place which could mean a vital 2nd spot in champions lge.
Steven Gerrard bringing back the good times
If we get to 15th and 2 places does that mean if we win the league we straight in? And is it less round qualifiers for 2nd place?

True Blue Avenger

Good news overall re the co-effocient, even if I say that through gritted teeth given the tarriers surprise result in Rome.

However, the ultimate irony here would be if we do manage to hold on for the 2 CL spots and it kicks in just as we are regaining our dominance in the domestic game. Meaning that they would still have a crack at CL even by finishing second, an opportunity that was denied us and the diddy teams when they were lording it up.

km_2083

I hate seeing the scum beat anyone , but if they do in Europe I can at least look at the bigger picture of it helps this improve , it is what it is. And what’s said above is right about the other Scottish teams in Europe WOEFUL, god Killie lost to a team from wales for god sake, even that half a point would made all the difference

Forza_Napoli

For those saying if we win the league this would just benefit Celtic, let's not forget if we could make it to 14th in the coefficient, then when we won the league we'd enter the champions league at the 3rd qualifying round.

Also worth noting 14 is achievable. The Czech republic ( who are 13th) Denmark and Cyprus are all within 2 coefficient points of Scotland and each have 1 team left in Europe.
-The Czechs have Slavia Prague who are unlikely to pick up any points with just Dortmund and Inter to play.
-Cyprus have APOEL who may still qualify for the Europa knockouts, but need to play Sevilla so it's looking unlikely.
- Denmark have Copenhagen, who will likely go through and still pick up points.

Based on this if Celtic win at home vs Rennes (which like it or not is probably expected) and we were to beat Young boys at home, then there's a huge chance to take that 14th Coefficient spot.
Hypothetically if us and the tarriers were to win our next two group games which is entirely possible where would that leave us in the coefficient?

Chris the Bandito

Our predicted position for next season is 14th as things stand. It is almost certain that we will now finish at least 15th, and possibly higher if we can qualify from this group.

We even have an outside shot of moving into an automatic group stage slot if both us and the taigs progress to the latter stages of this competition.

We can obviously win the league. But tonights results have pretty much guaranteed us Champions League football next season regardless.

Massive.
Season after next. Next season we're ranked 20th. The coefficients trail a year behind.

evo14

Official Ticketer
But an outrageously difficult qualifying path.
They’ll get knocked out every year by teams from countries that Roy of the Rovers’ team would visit for qualifiers in countries you’ve never heard of.

Herdexi Atlonaras (Jabrovia) 3-0 Aberdeen (Scotland)

Chris the Bandito

Aberdeen and others could find their level in this 3rd comp and do their bit, finally, for the co efficient.
No, they'll still be playing the same teams that they now play in EL qualifying. Current EL teams just move down a rung.

The change is that the EL will now be another escape route for teams fucked out of the CL qualifiers without them having to risk playing against each other for the privilege

Reactions: Ter

unbelievablewalter

We have also jumped from 206th in the overall club rankings to 120th as it stands.
Progress.
Could bein the top 50 within 2 years at this rate.

Ter

Would be good if Atalanta beat Dinamo Zagreb in their next game. Decent chance of Zagreb getting to the next stage of the Champions League and will get bonus points on top of their wins.

Gaz030191

It's not as hard as you think.

At the end of this season, Season 15/16 is removed from the coefficient total. Ukraine achieved 9.800. Scotland achieved 3.000. So from the start of next season we've already made up 6.800 points and are only 1.200 points from leapfrogging them.

What Scotland has on our side, is we were pish pre-Gerrard. Since the Stevie G era commenced, our coefficient has rocketed. Each year we see a poor year drop off which is replaced by something considerably stronger. No other league has had such a contrast.
Apologies let me clarify, I meant this season. I thought it was a big ask to go on and take 10th this year.

I 100% believe within 2 maybe 3 years scotlsnd will be back to top 10 leagues in the coefficient.

Gazman_Airdrie

Official Ticketer
It's worth noting this season is absolutely crucial as the end of this season locks in the 2021/22 Cycle for the Europa League/Europa Confrence League.

If we can climb 1 more spot to 15th (currently held by Cyprus who only have APOEL left in Europe) then our sides will play in the better tournament.

14th is Denmark (only Copenhagen left) 13th is Czech Republic (only Slavia Prague left).

APOEL sit 2nd in their group on 4pts (same as Qarabag).
Copenhagen are top of their group on 6 pts (joint with Dynamo Kiev and 1 clear of Malmo).
Slavia Prague are bottom of their CL group on 2 points (2 behind Inter, 5 behind Dortmund).

Gaz030191

Hypothetically if us and the tarriers were to win our next two group games which is entirely possible where would that leave us in the coefficient?
Apologies if I get this slightly wrong, but 4 more scotrish wins would put us on 9.500 coefficient for the season, and 27.625 overall, sodepending on other results up to 13th or 14th.

The jump to 11th and 12th is a further 3 coefficient points minimum, so to make top 10 this season would require Ukrainian, Turkish and Austrian teams to be knocked out of Europe and both of the old firm to at least make the quarter finals or one of them to win the tournament.

I can only imagine the insanity that would be an old firm europa league quarter final.

georgedoors

I look forward to that easy champions qualification route that the scum have had for years and still failed. If a second spot becomes available this route will be the play anybody route.

millar2318

They’ll get knocked out every year by teams from countries that Roy of the Rovers’ team would visit for qualifiers in countries you’ve never heard of.

I mean for the team finishing second that gets a champions League spot if we are in the top 15. The qualifying path for this team is ludicrously hard

Forza_Napoli

Apologies if I get this slightly wrong, but 4 more scotrish wins would put us on 9.500 coefficient for the season, and 27.625 overall, sodepending on other results up to 13th or 14th.

The jump to 11th and 12th is a further 3 coefficient points minimum, so to make top 10 this season would require Ukrainian, Turkish and Austrian teams to be knocked out of Europe and both of the old firm to at least make the quarter finals or one of them to win the tournament.

I can only imagine the insanity that would be an old firm europa league quarter final.
Thanks mate thats some jump we've made in the past 2 years it's a shame the likes of killie and Aberdeen are hopeless in Europe. Although 11th/12th won't be achievable this year theres no reason that can't be worked towards. Old frim quarter final would probably be bigger than the actual final 80% of Scotland wouldn't make work on the friday

Gaz030191

I look forward to that easy champions qualification route that the scum have had for years and still failed. If a second spot becomes available this route will be the play anybody route.
Whilst true, at the moment we enter the europa league at round 1 anyway and if we get knocked out that's it.

I think the runner up in the league would still start at round 2 for champions league qualifying and have the safety net of europa league qualifying, so it's still a step up.

Big Buff

How is our individual co-ef looking now? Will we have done enough to look at seeded spots in future qualifying campaigns?
Think we're sitting about 10, which would see us seeded for the 3rd qualifier in the EL this year, but not seeded for the playoff.

However, we're very close to getting in a position where we'd be seeded for the playoff too. Win our last two games plus one of the knockout games and I think we'd be there.

Carlton The Bear

Would be good if Atalanta beat Dinamo Zagreb in their next game. Decent chance of Zagreb getting to the next stage of the Champions League and will get bonus points on top of their wins.
I watched Zagreb implode from 3-1 up to 3-3 within injury time to Shaktar and funny enough, I’d the coefficient thing in my head. It all helps as they say.

Big Buff

To confirm: our club co-efficient is 11.25 including last nights results.

Pretty sure it's two points for a win and one point for a draw. So a win in our next two would give us 13.25.

This year, Wolves were the lowest rank seed in the Playoff round with 17.092. 18/19 I think it was around the 22 points mark. 17/18 it was 16 points.

We're close, and with a bit of luck and another couple of good results we could put ourselves in a position to be seeded the whole way through next time.

jaws73

Official Ticketer

Pretty sure it's two points for a win and one point for a draw. So a win in our next two would give us 13.25.

This year, Wolves were the lowest rank seed in the Playoff round with 17.092. 18/19 I think it was around the 22 points mark. 17/18 it was 16 points.

We're close, and with a bit of luck and another couple of good results we could put ourselves in a position to be seeded the whole way through next time.
EUROPA LEAGUE POINTS TABLE
1st Qualifying Round Elimination0.25
2nd Qualifying Round Elimination0.5
3rd Qualifying Round Elimination1
Playoff Qualifying Round Elimination1.5
Group Stage or Knockout Round Win2
Group Stage or Knockout Round Tie1
Group Stage or Knockout Round Loss0
  • Clubs have been guaranteed a minimum of 2 points if they reach the group stage
  • Clubs that reach the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final, are awarded an additional point per round.
- UEFA CLUBS' COEFFICIENT RANKING --
The club coefficient rankings are based on the results of clubs competing in the five previous seasons of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. This ranking determines the seeding of clubs in all UEFA competition draws.

POINTS SYSTEM
Champions League & Europa League Group Stage and Beyond: Teams can only receive points for results during and after the Champions League and Europa League Group Stage. Two points are awarded for a win and one point for a draw. Teams are also awarded bonus points for reaching different stages of each competition (explained below).
Champions League & Europa League Qualifying: Teams do not receive points for match results in the qualifying round. Instead, when a club is eliminated during qualifying, a fixed number of points are awarded based on what qualifying round the team was eliminated in (see tables below). Clubs in the Champions League Group Stage are awarded 4 bonus points, whereas teams in the Europa League are awarded a minimum of 2 points if they do not accumulate two points from their group stage matches. The qualifying round match results are taken into account only for the calculation of the association's club coefficient and are halved (explained in previous section).
Coefficient calculation: Clubs' coefficients are determined by the sum of all points won in the previous five years. Up until the 2017/18 season, an additional 20% of their association's coefficient was added to the club coefficient, however this has been removed starting the 2017/18 UEFA season. The only time 20% of the association's coefficient is used for the club rankings, is when a respective club has not competed in European competitions in the last five seasons.

AZBlue

Good one. "We come from Jabrovia, and we don't give a sh!t".

Kimarcus

It's 10.25. 3 wins and 4 draws makes 10 then the 0.25 is for Pedro's season.

devilman

It's been a good season for Scottish football. Just a shame we have such a disaster running it in the SFA. We could be trying to grow the game on the back of our good performances and results but nothing will come of it.

Regardless of the horrible idea of them doing well us getting the 2nd Champions League spot would be a good thing.