Moved into top sixteen in co-efficient

rossgers

Official Ticketer
So we get no Europa league spots if we finish below 15th in Scotland ?? Is that what I’m reading
Yes, only the champions would end up in the Europa possibly if they are beat in the CL qualifiers. Any other teams would fall into the Euro diddy cup with shit money and would probably have to qualify for it. Vital that Scotland gets 15th by end of this season so that at least the top 2 get a crack at CL and EL.

DeeCeeTee

It’s funny seeing the staunch Da posts about how they don’t want Celtic to win anything, but fact of the matter is one team alone can’t bring the co-efficient up to the levels Scotland are at now. No I don’t want Celtic to win the league or Europa League, but if them winning their group games gets 2 Scottish teams (whoever they may be) into the CL, then so be it.

Of course I expect us to challenge for the title each year, but facts are we won’t win it each year. If we come second and get put into this new Euro crap league, we are miles behind the money they could be getting in the CL. Higher coefficient means a less difficult route to the riches, and opportunities to attract bigger names to the club.

cochise

Definitely read it somewhere but obviously not the case. Maybe that bonus point is part of the new changes coming in 2021?
Relax, you did read it :))

There are now two club coefficients, the usual 5 year one which is used for seeding and there is now a 10 year one which also includes those bonus points. It is used for paying the group stage appearance money. In the Europa league of 48 teams the highest ranked team get 48 times the money of the lowest, effectively you get 1 share per position. Basically designed to make sure the big clubs get most of the money.

RainMan1972

It would be absolutely fantastic for Scottish football if us and the scum could make it into the guts of the knockout rounds. I will never actively want Celtic to win, but since they're already qualified I won't be too disappointed if they can pick up results in their remaining two games.
Same here*

*As long as Eduoard, Forrest, McGregor, Ajer, Brown all suffer career ending injuries.

nelster

Just a reminder.

Celtic FC declared us cheats

Celtic FC had us removed from football

Celtic FC did not ask UEFA to remove the cheats coefficient contribution

Celtic FC used our coefficient (which they say we cheated) to make over £100 million

Celtic FC were rubbish and destroyed the coefficient on their own

Celtic FC are now going to piggy back Rangers coefficient again and stay in elite competition even if they lose the league

Big Buff

Relax, you did read it :))

There are now two club coefficients, the usual 5 year one which is used for seeding and there is now a 10 year one which also includes those bonus points. It is used for paying the group stage appearance money. In the Europa league of 48 teams the highest ranked team get 48 times the money of the lowest, effectively you get 1 share per position. Basically designed to make sure the big clubs get most of the money.
I’m glad they made it simpler and easier to understand for everyone