Moving Away From Catenaccio

Tugay1872

Apologies if anyone has posted similar, but that Italy team, while not overly hot on the heels... look very impressive as ballers. I go back from the early 90s so pretty sure some go back way further.

But everyone of their players has a good vision of pass. Hope I don't jinks it lol.

Azzurri Posse

Italian football has moved well away from the defensive games that we became accustomed to from the 90s.

Despite the dominance of Juve in the last decade, Serie A has produced some excellent games in that time.

I'm sure I heard that they haven't lost in 30 odd games. Ave got them to win the full thing. Italy at major tournaments usually grow into the competition and are always hard to beat.

Honestly lost interest to the point of intentionally avoiding Italian fitba recently .. don't know why. That mobs result a year or two back against lazio didn't help.

Was a Fiorentina fan when younger and still kin of am, but not a pure italian supporter as I also like Roma, lol.

They've got a lot of good young players but don't have a Baggio, even Del Piero. Look decent and will be interesting how they get on against teams with proper firepower.

The Italian football = boring defensive is around 30 years out of date. Any one who tuned into Ch 4's Serie A in the late 80's into the 90's will know this.
Was going to post the same 90’s Italian football was tremendous and a lot of memorable high scoring games.

The 90s Serie A was impressive, not knocking some of the teams but they still imo had an element of defensive minded players reared in their academy's, Even our own Rino is an example of it.

Italy were decent and Turkey were rank rotten. Not sure how Italy will get on in the tournament. Will be interesting to see how things go.

Worth mentioning the teams that go the distance don't usually start off fantastic in these events.

Back