Moving ball

“The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark and the goalposts, crossbar and goal net must not be moving” Laws of the game

The ball was moving when the kick was taken.
Referee Clancy, his two linesmen, the fourth official, and Scott Brown who refereed much of the game, all missed it.
Two options,
1. They never saw it. Hmmm.
2. They saw it and let the goal against Rangers stand.
Should we open a poll?

Everyone and their dog knows Clancy would have afforded a retake had he missed, didn’t want to risk it given they scored though.

It affected McGregor. He started going when the ball moved, leaving Ferguson free to slot it into the empty side.

Ferguson is a great penalty taker and would have scored anyway. Think the commentator mentioned that Aberdeen have scored 41 consecutive penalties in open play without missing. That will have been between Ferguson and Cosgrove in the main I believe. Incredible stat and you have to give them credit for that.

Ferguson hit an injury time equaliser against the scum as well from the spot last season. He’s simply a brilliant penalty taker and if you give him the chance he is likely to score.

Yes the ball was moving and should have been retaken but we should have done more to prevent the corner in the first instance.

If they hadn’t scored it, it would’ve been retaken.
Clancy indicated he saw it moving but let it stand.

%^*& sakes. Not sure a moving ball is a massive benefit to the penalty taker.
If the ball rolled away from him it would have made it more difficult but that’s not the point. It’s another example of ineptitude from officials.

It is true though, it likely wouldn’t have effected the outcome of the game but by letter of the law the penalty should’ve been retaken. It clearly moved before he hit it.
I think that's the point. If not for his cheating then at least for the fact he is a sh1t referee Clancy should be binned. £800 for that performance I believe.

If the ball rolled away from him it would have made it more difficult but that’s not the point. It’s another example of ineptitude from officials.
Ineptitude? Don't worry boss, I go further than that, I think Clancy is a cheating c*nt. I just don't think a ball rolling away away when a penalty is to be struck is a glaring example of it.

If it was missed it would have been a retake. No surprise with this particular ref, we had to be on it from the minute go tonight to take his cheating out of the equation and we weren’t.

Ineptitude? Don't worry boss, I go further than that, I think Clancy is a cheating c*nt. I just don't think a ball rolling away away when a penalty is to be struck is a glaring example of it.
Ffs The referee and linesman have an unobstructed view of the ball and before it goes one way it goes the other. The easiest decision he could ever have. If he doesn’t give the correct decision there why get upset when he misses more difficult stuff.

moved !!! ferguson did not need a run up the ball came to him.....

i honestly thought watching it, well thats getting retaken - then remembered who the ref was.....

was one of countless similar decisions tonight........

Ferguson is a great penalty taker and would have scored anyway. Think the commentator mentioned that Aberdeen have scored 41 consecutive penalties in open play without missing. That will have been between Ferguson and Cosgrove in the main I believe. Incredible stat and you have to give them credit for that.

Ferguson hit an injury time equaliser against the scum as well from the spot last season. He’s simply a brilliant penalty taker and if you give him the chance he is likely to score.

Yes the ball was moving and should have been retaken but we should have done more to prevent the corner in the first instance.
None of that matters one bit.

What matters are Clancy’s decisions in the game and he got both wrong for the penalty.

“The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark and the goalposts, crossbar and goal net must not be moving” Laws of the game

The ball was moving when the kick was taken.

Instead of pointing out it should have been retaken Andy Walker praised Ferguson for kicking the moving ball. If that was us taking the penalty he'd have been going mental.

Once again the biased media get to influence public opinion including referees. Clancy will be delighted they didnt call him out for his incompetence/cheating. And so it goes on.

Instead of pointing out it should have been retaken Andy Walker praised Ferguson for kicking the moving ball. If that was us taking the penalty he'd have been going mental.

Once again the biased media get to influence public opinion including referees. Clancy will be delighted they didnt call him out for his incompetence/cheating. And so it goes on.
He gets paid for not knowing the laws☹️

Clutching at straws considering we should be doing enough to not even need there assistance however it is the linesmans job to look directly along the line for player encroachment & ball displacement. Its literally in the handbook. Honest mistake I'm sure from all those involved.

Having just seen Ferguson's blatant two handed push into Barasic's back before he heads the ball onto Morelos's arm, then clearly it should never have been a penalty.
Not a penalty but a free kick to Rangrrs.

The ball was moving it should have been retaken
It’s the rule, plain and simple, it worked in Fergusons favour but it should never have been allowed.
Questions need asked and Clancy demoted to Sunday league

If I did as bad at my work as that ref did I would be out of a job! This is our top sport why are refs like that anywhere near our games?

but not giving them a pen when he very easily could have.

Should it have been retaken? yes. Do I blame the ref, no we were shite we got what we deserved out that game.

Back