Moving Celtic Fans From The Broomloan – MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers JM, wasn't sure if this was still the case.

If that's what we still need to put up with, then the mhanks should be put through the same at Ibrox. I'm all for moving them to the corner, but don't think it will ever happen because of the amount of tickets they would be cut to. I believe they should be given BF1 and BR1 and perhaps half of BF2 & BR2 with segregation/police/stewards in the rest of BF2 & BR2. This is the same type of segregation used at the piggery and has been used at other grounds with no incidents over the years.

Rangers fans would then continue the rest of the way around the ground with the Union Bears in the corner (perhaps even permanently as a standing section that could grow into the Broomloan front as the group gets bigger) The corner is far too prominent an area, in full view of the tv cameras, to put the mhanks in. If the UB's moved there they would be seen much better and be right in the heart of the Rangers support which may help to generate more atmosphere around them on non OF games.

All this would take was a couple of big shutters/gates in the Broomloan Front and Rear concourses and the use of the above mentioned police security barriers to herd that mhob in and out of the stadium, either off the roundabout where they come in just now, or from the passageway down from the ticket office.

If there's a fire in the upper tier and the stairwell at the Rangers side of the the stand is blocked how do bears get out without breaking the segregation?

Would you fancy going headlong into a stadium evacuation, an already stressful and terrifying situation amongst hundreds of them? It would be utter carnage.

Don't know how many times it has to be repeated .. The Broomloan Stand upper tier cannot be segregated/split in two because there are only 2 ways out of the concourse to ground level and 1 from in the stand itself to the West Enclosure corner.

The GWC is a naturally segregated area with easy access to the away bus park. It's the only feasible option.

The fact the club are selling celtc tickets to any season ticket holder shows you the boards intent sell as much Gers tickets for Parkhead as possible and I'd say the same would happen if the roles were reversed .....

The costs for the scum game next week (loads available BTW) are as follows:

CELTIC V RANGERS - £49 ADULT, £49
CONCESSION & JUNIOR £49

So there it is in black and white. If it's reciprocal then one would assume that the entire Broomloan stand is sold at adult prices.

We will need to factor in the losses the club will incur when you factor in the kids ticket prices for the scum games.

Do we get concession tickets for the piggery? I don't recall ever getting one.

We have to win this fight now Bears. We have to think of every counter argument the Board will likely throw at us and be prepared to take them on all the way.

It certainly would have to be considered but I'd imagine the food sold, programmes and memorabilia from the club shop and other possible income streams like Rising Stars could off-set that too.

What would be the average concession / child total at the games anyway?

Also, as part of the bigger picture, the more Gers fans we can have in the ground and buying STs which don't see certain games removed from attending during the season, the better it is for crowing the support of our team for the future.

Be interesting to know how many tickets the Granite City RSC receive for Parkhead. Perhaps one of their member can give us an indication.

They are respectfully entitled to their view albeit I disagree with them and if that’s the representative view of the Granite City RSC, I hope they are very much in the minority.

When people are more concerned with away allocations rather than more Rangers fans getting into Ibrox and being the priority, it’s an argument i can’t be won over by.

Each to their own though.

I'd rather see Rangers fans watching the games at Ibrox for the sake of a few thousand at theres !

This was never going to be an overnight project but one that with time hopefully comes to fruition.

Online Survey is one thing, but the leaflet drop is a must to get an overall opinion on this, hence PS push on it. Hopefully we get the chance to distribute the leaflets and see how things can move forward from there.

This has all gone eerily quiet . Have this board mastered the Murry era method of burying their heads in the sand and wanting everything to go away ? Or perhaps sticking fingers in their ears ?

Plenty of tickets going on sale for this game on the Ticket Forum, but lots of people snapping them up within seconds.

Any thoughts on this? Clearly still a big appetite to be had for attending the game, even if I imagine many people are selling tickets to avoid being witness to a potential title celebration.

Speaking personally as an individual Rangers supporter I don't have the right to call for or encourage boycotts or demonstrations but if the club dismiss this out of hand my days of attending Ibrox for games v the fhilth are over,My season ticket for season 18/19 has been paid for but I am giving serious consideration to changing it to the Broomie and not applying for the fhilth games,Save a few quid and avoid the hate fest that is inflicted on us twice a season.

Met with him. Wasn’t left overly optimistic. Although, expecting some more info within th next 48 hrs or so

wuz8PFi.png

This has all gone eerily quiet . Have this board mastered the Murry era method of burying their heads in the sand and wanting everything to go away ? Or perhaps sticking fingers in their ears ?

Eerily quiet since you commented on it yesterday at 3pm after being told it’d be 48 hours or so?

It’s going to take a lot of pushing from the fans. They’re not gonna do something as major as this without a great deal of effort .

Plenty of tickets going on sale for this game on the Ticket Forum, but lots of people snapping them up within seconds.

Any thoughts on this? Clearly still a big appetite to be had for attending the game, even if I imagine many people are selling tickets to avoid being witness to a potential title celebration.

Do you know what?

Your just a misery. A total misery.

We will never give up this fight.

SR better get his gloves on.... because, we're comin.

Eerily quiet since you commented on it yesterday at 3pm after being told it’d be 48 hours or so?

It’s going to take a lot of pushing from the fans. They’re not gonna do something as major as this without a great deal of effort .
It took Hibs all of two minutes to say 'fùck you Rangers' and cut our allocation.

The board are running out of excuses.
It's not major and it needs no effort.

Robertson is a disgrace and does not represent the fans in any way. His cowardly nodding dog demeanour grates on me and the sooner he is goon the better. We will never get them out or have safe standing with this man as MD.

Robertson is a disgrace and does not represent the fans in any way. His cowardly nodding dog demeanour grates on me and the sooner he is goon the better. We will never get them out or have safe standing with this man as MD.
I've always stayed out of this forums bloodlust as far as Robertson is concerned.
I felt, like Mark Allen, he was unfairly made a target for things that simply weren't his job and the fans hammered them unfairly when things went wrong.

Robertson is the only line of communication between club and fans on this matter though.
Failure to act, dismissing the wishes of our support and giving the filth a continued free pass to injure our fans will 100% rest on his shoulders.

It will only be a matter of time until he has blood on his hands.

Do you know what?

Your just a misery. A total misery.

We will never give up this fight.

SR better get his gloves on.... because, we're comin.

Are you coming after me again?

Yet again you've responded to one of my posts to have a personal go at me and not respond to what I've actually said. It's like you are itching for a fight.

Mate, between you counting my posts on the Gerrard thread and lying about my contribution on this one before retreating with your tail between your legs, I'm getting slightly concerned at the bipolarity of your messages and flat out fixation with me.

Are you coming after me again?

Mate, between you counting my posts on the Gerrard thread and lying about my contribution on this one before retreating with your tail between your legs, I'm getting slightly concerned at the bipolarity of your messages and flat out fixation with me.

Eh, ok. Your still a curious misery though.

In not bipolar, you just bore me half the time.

I've always stayed out of this forums bloodlust as far as Robertson is concerned.
I felt, like Mark Allen, he was unfairly made a target for things that simply weren't his job and the fans hammered them unfairly when things went wrong.

Robertson is the only line of communication between club and fans on this matter though.
Failure to act, dismissing the wishes of our support and giving the filth a continued free pass to injure our fans will 100% rest on his shoulders.

It will only be a matter of time until he has blood on his hands.

Sadly this is true.

But as stated above, we will never give up this fight mate. The Family Stand should be just that.... for families. Not for those that want us dead, or those that relentlessly force their own club to try and steel our titles, those that hurt and maim our support, those that support terrorists.

Nor those that want to protect their 2 visits to the piggery.

I hope we do. Not sure you think that, though.

What a mad exchange.

This is FF, we are allowed to be mad. It's our alter egos at their best.

Oh and I do think we will win. You would be shocked at just who supports the cause

If you don't think I still believe in it.... then I challenge you.

On this page ... . Just ask @Papasmurf if you think I will let this lie!

Oh I do think we will win. You would be shocked at just who supports the cause

If you don't think I still believe in this cause.... Then I challenge you. On this page ... . Just ask @Papasmurf if you think I will let this lie!

I don't believe you've given up on this cause. I think you've manufactured/invented/created a strange feud with me because you're desperate to have a go at those who you believe don't share the same view as you. That's the only justification I can give for your constant accusations of Timmery, counting my posts and lying about my contribution on this thread.

If you just fancy me and want my phone number, just ask for it.

New link for survey. Please read on though.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FGBYML7

Bears and Bearettes (and I'm sure a few pet lurkers!),

I wont go into war and peace about progress in the last couple of months. Personal circumstances, distractions and a few other bits and pieces have got in the way of making any meaningful progress, other than in my own mind.

I am still determined to make this happen, but I’ve come to the stark conclusion that I need a team of people to help make this happen. A number of folk have reached out, and I now need to mobilise this help. And others if possible.

So, in order to kick things back off, I’ve created this new thread by way of refocusing things, detailing where we are and my opinion on the way to make this happen. I think it will be very helpful to start this thread from scratch so none of the new info gets lost. Admin - I hope this is ok?

Here goes….

The Problem

In terms of the overall problem that causes this to be necessary, it is down to the allocation that Celtic receive in league games at Ibrox.

A sizeable number of the Rangers fans want Celtic to be treated like every other fan when at Ibrox in league games…in the ‘away’ section

Some of the reasons given are as follows:

• Loyal Rangers fans are being moved from their seats, so that we can allocate their seats to Celtic fans
  • Our youngest fans, and our vitally important next generation of fans, are being denied the opportunity to enjoy a fixture against Celtic at Ibrox, but can get one at Parkhead
  • There is a constant threat to player safety (the flare being thrown at Wes being the most recent example)
  • It gives them a sporting advantage that is not replicated when we play at Celtic Park, with our fans being tucked away in a corner of the stadium and their's occupying a full end of the ground close to our goalkeeper
  • It costs more to police than other home games
  • The behaviour of their fans and players is becoming more and more unacceptable, with incendiary behaviour by their players becoming a frequent feature of their visits (recent examples being Griffith's tying of a scarf to our goalposts and picking his nose and wiping it on our corner flag) and offensive anti protestant sectarian displays also becoming a regular feature
  • Credible reports are emerging of their intentions to "do a Hibs" on Ibrox, should they ever win the league at Ibrox, or achieve ten titles in a row (tainted by our absence or otherwise). Clearly, if they are bottled in the normal "away" section, as we are at Parkhead, then stewards keeping them off the playing surface would be easier
  • We hand them a massive PR win by creating the impression that they have such a huge support that they need an entire end of the stadium to house them, whilst our fans can be easily accommodated with one small, out of sight of TV cameras, corner of their stadium.

This is not an exhaustive list, but does reflect some commonly expressed views..

Current Situation

I initially ran a poll online to understand the appetite with the support to move Celtic from the Broomloan Stand and relocate them and treat them like every other side during league games. There are many reasons that led me to believe that this would be a widely accepted view. Apparently, I was right.

As things stand, I created a poll to understand views and a massive percentage agreed with this view. However, the data a collated was not 100% useful, as I didn’t make it mandatory that Rangers Numbers were provided. Having met with Stewart Robertson, SLO and c1872, its clear that for any ‘vote’ to count, Rangers Numbers need to be provided. So in terms of a poll, I need to re run this. (live and learn).

I met with Stewart Robertson, and he is open to a) listening to the views of the fans and b) receiving a detailed proposal/documented recommendations from the greater fan base which will then be discussed and reviewed at the board meeting in June. This is now my ultimate aim.

SR has detailed 4 areas why he believes this view may not be accepted by the numbers we think it is (this is not based on any facts, just his and the boards views on possible downsides)

• The numbers don’t stack up. Being a finance guy, this is a big priority for him. We get approx. £370k with the ‘visit’ from our delightful neighbours. The view should be that we should not be at a loss with any changes (whatever that may mean) that are made.
  • The risks associated with this are that he believes there is a risk that fans wont, on a long term committed basis sell out the full stadium at the same income as they provide us. I need to detail why this is a wrong assumption.
  • We are only doing this because they are ahead of us. Almost throwing the toys out the pram (not his words). Now, back when this conversation kicked off, we were miles behind….now….not so much. If the numbers stack up now, then this argument can be wiped out quickly.
  • A sizable chunk of the fan base want tickets for the opposite fixture. To me, this is the biggest challenge. As a board, I think they feel they will alienate/piss off less people by keeping a status quo.

I’ve also met with c1872, who if reading this, I am aware I need to follow up on the next meeting. They are happy to poll the member base of their views on this topic. I will be following this up, but at this moment, its not an issue I want to push given the obvious priority of fund raising…..for those not contributed to c1872, and can do so…..please do so!

I’ve also met with the SLO, and whilst he has personal views (of which I wont state), he will impartially help ensure the discussion reaches the right people to ensure the voice of the fans is heard.

The Aim

My simple aim is to create and furnish SR a document, detailing the fans views on the current arrangement, the potential solution and the data supporting the solution. Nothing complex, just simple facts.

To document will go into the level of detail required to:
  • Explain the position and what the fans want to happen and importantly
  • Can demonstrate why the points he raised aren’t as big an issue as the board currently review them
  • Make a formal request of the board for change.

The Plan

The plan to make this happen is critical, and as I said, I need help to execute. To me, there are 4 elements to this plan. All ultimately lead up to the capture of data on the online poll. The 4 point plan

• Online Poll – we need to get as many people as possible to fill in the new online poll. This must include Rangers Numbers. No Rangers Number, no voice. All Rangers Numbers will be validated by the club. I’ve received great support initially from people on FF with this. I need this again to help spread the word through all possible mediums
  • Match Day Canvassing – I need 12 volunteers to hand out leaflets at the first home game after the split. What I propose to do is to hand out fliers, detailing the ‘plan’ to everyone entering the Broomloan Stand prior to the game. The fliers will direct people to fill out the online petition. Depending on the uptake and response of this, it may be repeated at one other home game prior to the end of the season.
  • Local Pub Canvassing – I need someone (or more than one person), who is willing to speak to local pubs (WRC, Louden etc) to allow the leaflets to be distributed prior to home games between now and the end of the season. The Louden initially agreed to do this, so hopefully this will be an easy one.
  • RSC Canvassing – I need one (or more) person to help reach out to supporters clubs to get their views. I think its key to document this separate to the collective poll, so we would need to work out the mechanics of this.

**I would love to do all of the above myself, but I don’t have the time to. In order to make this happen, I really need the help**

Next Steps

In terms of making this happen, I need the following if possible:

• Everyone to complete the new poll and share with everyone you know on any medium you can– the NEW URL is – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FGBYML7
  • Volunteers for each of the above parts of the plan. I know it will require a bit of time and effort, but I am sure we have enough people to help with it. I know a load already have dropped me a message offering help. I owe you a thanks and apology. Can you please do so again, detailing what area you can help with?
  • Any ideas on positive steps and ideas, feel free to share :)
I'm sure with collective effort, we can make this happen!

If you don’t know your rangers number. Follow he steps on here.

If you have completed without your rangers number. Try doing it again or pm the details.

no rangers number means the vote won’t count as your details cannot be verified

I say Don't give the Septics the Whole of the Broomloan , let em sit outside on orange boxes listening to the game .... treat em like the excrement they wallow in every week singing their stupid nursery rhymes and glorifying terrorists......I have nae respect for em at all.

The costs for the scum game next week (loads available BTW) are as follows:

CELTIC V RANGERS - £49 ADULT, £49
CONCESSION & JUNIOR £49

So there it is in black and white. If it's reciprocal then one would assume that the entire Broomloan stand is sold at adult prices.

We will need to factor in the losses the club will incur when you factor in the kids ticket prices for the scum games.

Do we get concession tickets for the piggery? I don't recall ever getting one.

We have to win this fight now Bears. We have to think of every counter argument the Board will likely throw at us and be prepared to take them on all the way.

IM goin dahn the battlecruiser to have a few beers instead .......49 poond to set foot in that hole of darkness I wouldn't give em a penny da 19th Century Terrorist c@@ts

Now with a groundswell of support on the G express you will have an barrage of season tickets wanting to get in on this ride....

So give the scum corner and fill the broomie with Bears full stop..big intake of season tickets with new manager...tell every away fan,the broomie is for Gers fans and the express..get the scum to feck and have some back bone and get them shifted pronto.

Four stands full of red a white and blue and a wee corner full of the scum would be fantastic.

WATP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back