Mowbray warns Celtic Rangers are the real deal

BrownBrogues

"In the first half especially they had good possession of the ball," Mowbray said.
"They are a very well coached team, so for us it was the perfect game.
“You can see already what Stevie has done. He is putting together a team which has an identity, I would suggest.
"I can say hand on heart I have never watched a moment of Rangers play this season but we played Liverpool this time last season and they play the same 4-3-3 formation.
“They press high from the front, they drop their midfielders deep and try and overload you.
“They suck you on top of them then play through.
"As I said they are a well coached team and you can see they are going to be a force this season."

portrait-male-proboscis-monkey-nasalis-260nw-1063811315.jpg

Last edited:
Why do so many posts mention Celtic? They are meant to be obsessed with us!
I can't get my head around this. It's almost as if mentioning the word celtic is physically hurting some people. They are the current champions, they are who we need to dethrone. It's that simple. When we've won the league their social media will explode with topics about us, we get one mention in a blue moon and folk are cracking up.

Former Celtic boss Tony Mowbray reckons Rangers are up for a title charge with a blueprint straight out of Anfield.

The Blackburn gaffer was impressed with his old arch rivals as the Championship side fought out a 1-1 draw at Ibrox.

Jermain Defoe nodded Rangers in front before Lewis Travis struck for Rovers in the second half - the first goal Gerrard’s side have conceded this season.

Mowbray said: “This was our main ‘out of possession’ game and Rangers didn’t let us down.

“For us, it was the perfect game. Their shape is good. They are a well coached team with some good players

“At Rangers, you can see what Stevie is doing. He is putting together a team that has got an identity, I would suggest.

“I can say hand on heart I haven’t watched a moment of Rangers’ play this year, but you can see a coached team.

“We played Liverpool this time last season and they play the same 4-3-3 formation. They press high from the front, they drop their midfielders deep and try and overload you.

“They suck you on top of them then play through. They are a coached team and you can see they are going to be a force this season.”

If ever a man knew about 'taking it on the chin' it's surely that cocksucker. (Special mention to MW, though).
The trouble with taking it on the chin is that you invariably get knocked out.

Mowbray was one of those Tim managers who was Mr Reasonable for the first few months in charge - when he could actually still utter the 'R' word - but eventually succumbed to the paranoia and bigotry endemic at the Knew Camp.

Hope he's back to normal now. Sounds like he is.

He doesn't mention them in those quotes.

Would a better thread title not be something like "Mowbrey impressed by Steven Gerrard's Rangers team".

Ah the 'we're as obsessed with them as much as they are with us' brigade.

Funny.

In a league of their own with that and it's not the only one.

Back