Mr Gerrard and Mr Allen

This is exactly my point , he will walk if Liverpool come calling , but let’s make them pay when/if that happens. I believe he will stay for a couple of seasons yet. We need to tie him down though

There's no need to tie SG down.

If he gets to a stage where it suits both parties then fine.

Here's a reality check right now SG is as close to the sack as he is to a new contract. That's the reality of where we are and what our expectations are....

He needs to win the league once that is done because of where we've been...well it's job done albeit we will need to continue to rebuild but if we can get a title that will take care of itself without the pressure we have now.

I don't think Mark Allan receives the credit he deserves as his work is out of sight. Everything about Rangers feels good. Watched an impressive interview with Amy McDonald about the women's team and I sensed that the plan is to dominate every aspect of Scottish football.

What's actually delivered that you can say is independent of SG?

I don't think any of us fully understand how the inner workings operate and until then we remain guessing as to how effective or ineffective he is.

I would suggest any clued up football guy could have delivered the signings we've had that are not SG related.....and let's be honest our biggest investments last year were indifferent with the exception arguably of Davis/Defoe who we will see if they have the legs for a full campaign but in the short term were frankly not the players to deliver a title challenge....

SG will want the Liverpool job, so hopefully we win the league at a canter for next 2 to 3 seasons.
It will then depend on Klopp and if a job comes up that he wants but this would need to be a Madrid or Barcelona to tempt him away.

SG will want the Liverpool job, so hopefully we win the league at a canter for next 2 to 3 seasons.
It will then depend on Klopp and if a job comes up that he wants but this would need to be a Madrid or Barcelona to tempt him away.

Again this is pure speculation...SG will have a rough road map of where he will develop his management career....talk of Madrid/Barcelona and indeed Liverpool are so far fetched at the moment it's not true.

Thank %^*& the few preseason games and first European have went well or we'd be looking for a new manager.....

Again this is pure speculation...SG will have a rough road map of where he will develop his management career....talk of Madrid/Barcelona and indeed Liverpool are so far fetched at the moment it's not true.

Thank %^*& the few preseason games and first European have went well or we'd be looking for a new manager.....
Talking about Klopp going to Madrid or Barca not SG. It would need to be a superteam to tempt him away from Liverpool at the moment and I think Klopp wants to win the EPL.

Talking about Klopp going to Madrid or Barca not SG. It would need to be a superteam to tempt him away from Liverpool at the moment and I think Klopp wants to win the EPL.

Apologies mate picked you up wrong......

Reportedly already turned down Derby and Newcastle. Didn't even want to speak with them or have his agent open discussions!
Imagine if he wins a cup, win the league! qualifies for the Champions League group stages. You are then talking about the very biggest jobs in world football
Not sure that’s entirely accurate

Brendan Rogers pretty much won everything over and over and only made it to Leicester

Not sure that’s entirely accurate

Brendan Rogers pretty much won everything over and over and only made it to Leicester
Brendan Rogers wasn't an all time great football player, Lampard got the Chelsea job, Enrique and Pep have had the Barca jobs, Rino with Milan

I a
I think gerrard is more concerned about winning than big money contracts. He knows what rangers is all about and he knows we have a big chance this season. The way he speaks about rangers is like nothing else we've had from other managers and this is the difference. Hes built a team and he will want to add silverware to his CV. hes here for 55
gree , but we should cash in when the time comes for him to go, he won’t be here as long as some think

What's actually delivered that you can say is independent of SG?

I don't think any of us fully understand how the inner workings operate and until then we remain guessing as to how effective or ineffective he is.

I would suggest any clued up football guy could have delivered the signings we've had that are not SG related.....and let's be honest our biggest investments last year were indifferent with the exception arguably of Davis/Defoe who we will see if they have the legs for a full campaign but in the short term were frankly not the players to deliver a title challenge....
Kent was pretty decent

I honestly wonder what kind of team Gerrard would want to manage outside Liverpool. For some reason I cant see him going to one of their closest rivals (no chance of him going to Man U for example) Would he trade Ibrox for a lower EPL or Championship side? I can't see it. I think he recognizes the size of our institution. That leaves a mid-table EPL side where he can prove himself in that league, hopefully as a step up to Anfield. However its a risk, the best he can hope for with one of those sides is a European spot or perhaps a Cup. However if the club isn't willing to invest he could be left with a bunch of mediocre players which would ultimately reflect on his ability if he ends up in perenial relegation battles.

Lets be honest, it the Liverpool job he wants and if he can turn Rangers into a Championship winning side on a regular basis, and get us into the group stages of the CL, that might look best on his CV

Maybe im talking utter garbage and i get your point a bad start to the season and people will be screaming get rid but for some reason i think he will end up at real madrid and ive said a few times....i think he will manage England and as i said coach abroad... but he must be doing something right as you and others have stopped moaning about it "making no sense" and telling us experience is everything.

Hes certainly got the support and everyone at the club behind him and he seems to have the bottle to speak about referees and the issue we have with bias.

Maybe im talking utter garbage and i get your point a bad start to the season and people will be screaming get rid but for some reason i think he will end up at real madrid and ive said a few times....i think he will manage England and as i said coach abroad... but he must be doing something right as you and others have stopped moaning about it "making no sense" and telling us experience is everything.

Hes certainly got the support and everyone at the club behind him and he seems to have the bottle to speak about referees and the issue we have with bias.

Nobody ever said experience is everything but giving the Rangers job to a guy with no management experience was a major gamble.

He's got the support at the moment because there's a feel good factor but you should realise that will disappear quicker than snow from a dyke at the first sign of adversity-the more reasonable amongst us will accept that having been put in the job and has done an excellent job in the circumstances. I don't do hype or suicidal depression on a weekly basis unlike like a lot on here.

It still remains a fact the challenge he faces is massive and if he can win the title off a team consistently outspending him by usually spending more on one player than he gets for the squad...it would be I think the greatest title win in the history of Scottish football.....

I've already said he should be here to stop 10 not 9 but that's a tad too complex for some.

The reality is we we've went OTT-every signing has been superb or better than expected-players who struggled last year will go on to be superb-if 75% of the hype were true we'd piss the league....let's see what around 10 weeks of football delivers....and then we'll know where we are.

.it would be I think the greatest title win in the history of Scottish football.

Yeah a 1-1 draw at killie on that pitch and people will be going crazy thats a fair a point and i do totally agree with this comment above you are correct there if he wins it next season it will be amazing absolutely incredible, right up there with souness winning it at aberdeen in his first season. Its daft to write Lennon off though he will have them motivated and ready for the battle and ofcourse our top refs will look to assist them if they need any help. Thats a huge issue for us.

I wouldnt be betting on Rangers at 9/4 too skint to wait all year for the winnings but the odds are about right and suggest we are behind them but not by much and ofcourse things can change quickly.

.it would be I think the greatest title win in the history of Scottish football.

Yeah a 1-1 draw at killie on that pitch and people will be going crazy thats a fair a point and i do totally agree with this comment above you are correct there if he wins it next season it will be amazing absolutely incredible, right up there with souness winning it at aberdeen in his first season. Its daft to write Lennon off though he will have them motivated and ready for the battle and ofcourse our top refs will look to assist them if they need any help. Thats a huge issue for us.

I wouldnt be betting on Rangers at 9/4 too skint to wait all year for the winnings but the odds are about right and suggest we are behind them but not by much and ofcourse things can change quickly.

Souness for us as supporters was off the scale however in practical terms he brought in some of the best players in England at the time-there's no comparison....

Steven Gerrard is really important to our chances of winning 55

Allen’s job is to win 55 to 60 and to identity both Gerard and his successors.

I love then both but...

We know Gerrard will move on at some point and Allen probably will. They are EPL personalities on a busman's holiday in Scotland.

If I was King I’d tie up Beale and Mulhonney as their successors. I think they’re real difference makers and if we committed to them I think they’re the sort of personalities that will reciprocate

My initial point was to tie both into good contracts , maybe we already have. They have changed the club not just the first team. Top to bottom we are running far better than we have for a long time.
The bye ASTS got 8 million apparently when Brenda had her head turned, when the same happens to Gerrard, we need to ensure the club are well paid . He’s not here forever ! Klopp wont Si the English league with Liverpool as they don’t have the finances of city !
How long will he stay ? He has won the CL with them , he can’t really beat that. My opinion

Gerrard won't want to leave when he has the chance to manage a team in the champions League. Not sure anyone would want to go if we win the league.

Spot on! He will believe he can take us even further forward and I’d be very surprised to see him leave next summer for anyone.

He was one of the few remaining players in his day that displayed unwavering loyalty and money couldn’t change that!

I think he will be here for a good few years and hopefully when he does go it will be to Liverpool with us in his heart as his second club

Spot on! He will believe he can take us even further forward and I’d be very surprised to see him leave next summer for anyone.

He was one of the few remaining players in his day that displayed unwavering loyalty and money couldn’t change that!

I think he will be here for a good few years and hopefully when he does go it will be to Liverpool with us in his heart as his second club

Where will he go?
If the board continue to back him and the support continue to back, he will be here till Klopp leaves Liverpool.
Have to agree. When you look at the time he spent man and boy with his home club, loyalty is a massive part of Stevie G's makeup. I hope Jürgen Klopp has a successful few seasons in front of him while Stevie hones his skills.

Back