Mr Gerrard and Mr Allen

Does anyone know what deal Steve and Mark are on ?
I don’t want to jump the gun, but I think we have a real chance this season and wonder if it would be worth increasing both their contracts. Look at the situation with Lampard getting the Chelsea job , he didn’t even get Derby promoted . If we win the league this season I fully expect Gerrard to get offered a job down there that he can’t refuse.
I believe that both these guys have turned our club upside down in a positive way , up the contracts now and reap the benefits later

I don’t want to jump the gun, but I think we have a real chance this season and wonder if it would be worth increasing both their contracts. Look at the situation with Lampard getting the Chelsea job , he didn’t even get Derby promoted . If we win the league this season I fully expect Gerrard to get offered a job down there that he can’t refuse.
I believe that both these guys have turned our club upside down in a positive way , up the contracts now and reap the benefits later

If Gerrard wins the league this year his job is done and can go with all our best wishes, and I don't think money will be a major factor in his decision making.

I think if we win the Lge they will be offered a new deal on much more money and will deserve every penny. Look at the value of our squad when they took over, add on the money they spent and then look at the current value of our squad, they have made us a lot of money in terms of squad value.
Buy out clause of 15 million for Gerrard should scare everyone away except Liverpool :)

If he does go after winning the league, the only good thing is it elevates us to a better choice of candidate.

I think he would stay for a shot at the CL though.

Yes, that would look great on his CV if he could get us there and we could compete

For Gerard I think only Liverpool would tempt him anything else is a drop where else would he get a chance of champions league football don’t think he will be comfy going against Liverpool

Money is not the issue. Gerrards not here to increase his bank balance.

Were giving him a unique opportunity that will set him up for his dream job.

Gerrard is worth c£90m, he’s not here for money.

He’s here because he fancies being Liverpool
Manager one day. The adulation he’ll get if he wins the league with us, especially this season, could surpass that of when he won the CL as a player, although that was with ‘his’ club.

A good run the CL, he’s in with a shout of the Liverpool job. Who knows, maybe he sees a lot of similarities between Rangers and Liverpool.

One thing that must be difficult is that his family are still down south.

Maybe get a number of players out first instance to free up wasted money then discuss increasing contracts

If Gerrard wins the league this year his job is done and can go with all our best wishes, and I don't think money will be a major factor in his decision making.
Where will he go?
If the board continue to back him and the support continue to back, he will be here till Klopp leaves Liverpool.

Theyre on good money but the club attracted them not the ridiculous finances kicking about in England.

I believe our board will go after another big name when Gerrard does leave with title 57 and a few cups in the bag as well a 4 decent european runs.

Think we will do a Derby and go for a Cocu type now we have bigger finances and a bigger attraction.

If he is successful here which I have no doubt he will be I think he has a great chance of being the next England manager and then Liverpool.

I don't think he would fancy any of the other English clubs before he manages his beloved Liverpool.

Shocking lack of ambition on this thread!

Our first priority is to win the league, but after that we don't just chuck it. We then need to push on and ensure that it's not a flash in the pan, and we get back to winning levels pre-2012.

Regardless of contract length, if Liverpool job becomes available he'll be away but we should be looking to get him tied down long-term and also having a proper succession plan for when he does leave.

Reportedly already turned down Derby and Newcastle. Didn't even want to speak with them or have his agent open discussions!
Imagine if he wins a cup, win the league! qualifies for the Champions League group stages. You are then talking about the very biggest jobs in world football

If he was only after money and managing in England he could have taken the NU job, but they can’t give him the same ambitions as Rangers, or a platform to shine. European football is an added attraction that only a certain few in England can offer, and 6 of the 7 teams in European places are his clubs rivals, and I cant see him wanting to go against his first love, so unless it’s a top European club of stature, then I see him staying for quite some time.

I reckon he will see out his 4 years with a league trophy and a shot at the CL included in there during that period. Needless to say Liverpool job will be a big draw for him but how he has transformed our club from Standards, Facilities and the on the pitch team and style of play I think any incoming manager would be delighted to walk into our kind of set up by the end of the 4 years. You never know Klopp might stay at Liverpool for 6 years and SG can just buy a nice new flat in Govan :D:cool:

If we win this season there’s no way he leaves. He’s put a lot of time and effort into us and he’ll want to reap more than one league title, and he’ll definitely want to try for the CL. He’s said himself he only wants to manage a few teams in his lifetime. Without any blue blinkers on I genuinely believe he wants to become a Rangers legend.

Gerrard has a 4 year & he’s always said he’ll honour it

He wants to lead us to the title. I reckon he also wants to take us to the CL and have a bash. I also reckon he would be over the moon staying with us until the Liverpool job comes up. The gaffer is one of us now and you can see that. Class and integrity is something that can't be bought, even in this day and age.

Steven Gerrard could not bring himself to play for another club in the EPL because he didn't want to play against Liverpool so what makes you think he would want to go to Anfield as a rival manager?? There is only one job in England he has dreams of managing and luckily for us that club has Jurgen Klopp as manager right now. Gerrard will be more than happy to rack up the trophies as Rangers manager and have a few Champions League campaigns under his belt before his dream job becomes available.

Let's enjoy the next few years because we WILL miss him when he is gone.

I've said to my dad a while back that Gerrard WILL win us the title. Whether it's while he's actually here, or when he's gone and it's a result of the work he's putting in place now.

Which is an irrelevant point now because he's winning it this season.

I don't think that money is his main driver. It's been the opportunity to manage at a high profile club,something money simply cannot buy. We have given him a huge international platform to showcase his talents as a manager. He will not be getting wads of cash.

I reckon SG will see Liverpool as his last managers job, not necessarily the next one.

He will see out his contract with us imho unless he gets the chance at one of the Euro Elite clubs before it ends.

With the loyalty he showed them as a player i cant really see him going anywhere in England except Liverpool.

We all know it is going to happen eventually. I am firmly in the 'enjoy it while it lasts' camp.

I fully except gerrard to stay the 4 years he signed on for . The only way I see him leaving is if he’s offered the Liverpool job or he has a terrible season or two and gets sacked but i don’t think the latter will happen

Gerrard is worth c£90m, he’s not here for money.

He’s here because he fancies being Liverpool
Manager one day. The adulation he’ll get if he wins the league with us, especially this season, could surpass that of when he won the CL as a player, although that was with ‘his’ club.

A good run the CL, he’s in with a shout of the Liverpool job. Who knows, maybe he sees a lot of similarities between Rangers and Liverpool.

One thing that must be difficult is that his family are still down south.

Totally Agree.

Gerrard was used to lifting numerous honours and being held in high esteem worldwide so I don’t say this lightly.
If he manages to overcome the mentally challengeds to take the title this year however, he will be simply immortal up here. Our supports thirst for league title success this year is beyond compare even for a footballing icon like Gerrard. I firmly believe he won’t fully appreciate that until he tastes the sweetest of all victories with Rangers.

I think if we win the Lge they will be offered a new deal on much more money and will deserve every penny. Look at the value of our squad when they took over, add on the money they spent and then look at the current value of our squad, they have made us a lot of money in terms of squad value.
Buy out clause of 15 million for Gerrard should scare everyone away except Liverpool :)
I'd be over the moon if they signed an extension. The key is if Klopp decides to take a sabbatical because as everyone knows that's the only club I think he'd leave for can't imagine him anywhere else. Hopefully the CL will be a pull.

I don’t think either of them are money grabbers. Both take jobs that they feel are projects/or give them a Challenge so wouldn’t be of benefit.

There doesn’t seem to be a problem bringing players in. Time for Allen to earn his corn by getting players out (without pay offs or being “released”)

I am not saying he will go only that if he wins a league in the next two years and does leave there will be no ill feeling.
If he left us for anyone apart from Liverpool I'd be pretty pi$$ed off with him. But I don't think he is that type of person.

You’re having a laugh if you think we can compete with any of these clubs these days. Look at the East End, allegedly their manager was on £2.5 million and moved to Leciester for £7. If Allen and Gerarrd want to stay they are staying because they see a project they want to see through. Any incremental wage increases would be nowhere near what down South could offers

If he left us for anyone apart from Liverpool I'd be pretty pi$$ed off with him. But I don't think he is that type of person.
I can see Gerrard staying until Liverpool come a calling either as manager or more likely Klopp’s number 2 which is more likely.

Back