Mr Gerrard

Davie Weir

The job our gaffer has done here should never be underplayed, within 3 seasons we’ve gone from one of the worst Rangers teams in history to just weeks away from being crowned champions. The appointment of Gerrard has had its highs and lows, I’m sure we’ve all had our doubts but him and his coaching staff have got us back to where we belong- the best team in Scotland and preforming in Europe :cool:

Our last game before Gerrard was appointed was the final game of 2017/18 and a 5-5 draw with Hibs. The result lead to us finishing in 3rd place, 3 points off of Aberdeen and 12 behind Celtic a far cry from where are now.

Our team that day was:

• 25. Alnwick
  • 2. Tavernier
  • 24. Bates
  • 33. Martin
  • 16. Halliday
  • 23. Holt
  • 18. Rossiter
  • 21. Candeias
  • 27. Goss
  • 28. Murphy
  • 26. Cummings

Substitutes​

• 11. Windass
  • 15. Herrera
  • 17. Hodson
  • 22. Bruno Alves
  • 29. O'Halloran
  • 32. Kelly
  • 48. Docherty

We were knocked out the Scottish Cup by Celtic 4-0 in the semi finals, the league cup by Motherwell and embarrassed in Europe getting knocked out by Progres:eek:

We now sit 18 points clear at the top of the table, still in the Scottish Cup and once again the Europa League knockouts

Natural order has been restored and a huge part of that is down to our gaffer and the incredible improvements he’s made since taking over. 55 is comingB-D

Superb post. I was reading some of the post criticising the managemt team this time last year. Gerrard is building a legacy, not just a sticking plaster / quick win.

The foundations or structure he and his team have implemented within the club will hopefully ensure that we can continue to be a very well run club (football side) long after he is gone.

The job our gaffer has done here should never be underplayed, within 3 seasons we’ve gone from one of the worst Rangers teams in history to just weeks away from being crowned champions. The appointment of Gerrard has had its highs and lows, I’m sure we’ve all had our doubts but him and his coaching staff have got us back to where we belong- the best team in Scotland and preforming in Europe :cool:

Our last game before Gerrard was appointed was the final game of 2017/18 and a 5-5 draw with Hibs. The result lead to us finishing in 3rd place, 3 points off of Aberdeen and 12 behind Celtic a far cry from where are now.

Our team that day was:

• 25. Alnwick
  • 2. Tavernier
  • 24. Bates
  • 33. Martin
  • 16. Halliday
  • 23. Holt
  • 18. Rossiter
  • 21. Candeias
  • 27. Goss
  • 28. Murphy
  • 26. Cummings

Substitutes​

• 11. Windass
  • 15. Herrera
  • 17. Hodson
  • 22. Bruno Alves
  • 29. O'Halloran
  • 32. Kelly
  • 48. Docherty

We were knocked out the Scottish Cup by Celtic 4-0 in the semi finals, the league cup by Motherwell and embarrassed in Europe getting knocked out by Progres:eek:

We now sit 18 points clear at the top of the table, still in the Scottish Cup and once again the Europa League knockouts

Natural order has been restored and a huge part of that is down to our gaffer and the incredible improvements he’s made since taking over. 55 is comingB-D
I was never in doubt that Stevie would turn things around for us and I knew we were in it for the long haul,a few false dawns along the way but now the gaffer has his indelible mark on this team I've no doubt we'll kick on from here. I just hope he stays and maybe even extend his contract and I think the idea of having a crack in the CL will be a challenge he'll relish. What a difference he's made to not only restoring us to our rightful place but also lifting our stock in Europe.

So youre saying, "the sheer lunacy of it..." wasnt actually staggering at all and indeed has been proven a masterstroke?

Who knew eh? Certainly not the Scottish media, thats for sure.

The job our gaffer has done here should never be underplayed, within 3 seasons we’ve gone from one of the worst Rangers teams in history to just weeks away from being crowned champions.
Well, actually only for this season, because... ach, see here for details.....

Last edited:
The work done by Steven Gerrard, particularly in Europe is phenomenal.

Yes he’s made mistakes, will probably continue to make mistakes but he is learning from them so you can’t ask for any more.

That 5-5 game :oops:

They needed to win by six clear goals to finish in 3rd place, the media were salivating over the thought, we knew there was no chance of that.

Suddenly they are 3 up with 70 minutes still to play. Must admit the thought did enter my head before Tav scored almost immediately after that third goal.

He was learning his trade and still is but he has delivered in style and within the timescale laid out by king.
We now need to take it up a level next season and get him on a long term contract,before anyone comes calling.
He recently signed a new contract until 2024 along with the rest of the management team.

That 5-5 game :oops:

They needed to win by six clear goals to finish in 3rd place, the media were salivating over the thought, we knew there was no chance of that.

Suddenly they are 3 up with 70 minutes still to play. Must admit the thought did enter my head before Tav scored almost immediately after that third goal.
I just remember being absolutely shell shock watching that first 20 minutes.

Seems like yesterday, thousands headed to Ibrox to welcome the gaffer, and without a doubt, the excitement was palpable.
Hopefully soon, tens, hundreds of thousands can descend on Ibrox, once again to thank the gaffer, his staff and our team, for what they've done. Fantastic.

I agree with all that has been posted but Michael Beales role in all this should never be forgotten. I adore SG but his back room team have been fantastic too.

Stevie G has been fantastic, as have his whole backroom staff. Revolutionising our club from top to bottom.

But, let's give thanks too to Dave King, Douglas Park and all of the Rangers board who knew they got it wrong last time but were still brave enough to think outside the box and take a huge risk on a young manager cutting his teeth at a huge club with a huge expectation.

I've regularly got a bout of hayfever over the past couple of seasons just thinking about what this period would be like and mean to our support, having gone through nearly a decade of pain. And sure enough, as the day draws nearer, the wheat fields are riper than ever and the bouts more frequent but what a fantastic feeling it's going to be.

Back