Much Cash Would The Correct Manager Need To Overhaul Celtic?

That makes sense but is just one forward enough? Given that Miller is 38 next month and Herrera might not cut it under a new manager.
I have complete faith in Morelos coming good and fulfilling his potential. I would have him as my no1 striker with Moult coming in sometimes. Herrera can leave and Miller will do until the end of the season.

we would require the mentally challengeds to stand still or go backwards, ,the truth is they are starting from a far better position than we are, for us to get close to getting on top of them on a regular basis we will need them to f@ck up spectaculary

I seen their game last night and they played at a very high level. We're going to need investment and some luck.

I think Rodgers is definitely getting the best from that side though, so if he went, who knows how far away we'd be?

Thats it.

Rodgers, often a figure of fun, has taken them onto a different level. They're outperforming the quality of their own squad and have been for 18 months...you can only attribute that to good management.

When he goes, Celtic will regress. Thats just a matter of who will take him....realistically it would be a Newcastle/West Ham sort of move for him.

Maybe I have been taking optimism pills this morning, but we would not need the mental £20-50M ish being referenced.

We have had a manager of 'questionable' capability, fallouts in the dressing room, more than a handful of dubious refereeing decisions go against us and a string of injuries and suspensions.
All that and we are only six points behind.

A new manager to get an extra 10% out the current crop and one or two decent signings and we can be there or thereabouts.

However, if we drop any points on Saturday, I shall revert to type and say full squad needs sold and £100M+ required to at least guarantee top 6 finish.

I have complete faith in Morelos coming good and fulfilling his potential. I would have him as my no1 striker with Moult coming in sometimes. Herrera can leave and Miller will do until the end of the season.
I’m talking about post-season though. Feels light on numbers. One up front isn’t always going to be the answer.

Maybe I have been taking optimism pills this morning, but we would not need the mental £20-50M ish being referenced.

We have had a manager of 'questionable' capability, fallouts in the dressing room, more than a handful of dubious refereeing decisions go against us and a string of injuries and suspensions.
All that and we are only six points behind.

A new manager to get an extra 10% out the current crop and one or two decent signings and we can be there or thereabouts.

However, if we drop any points on Saturday, I shall revert to type and say full squad needs sold and £100M+ required to at least guarantee top 6 finish.
Drop points on Saturday? Doubt it. Think you’re safe there. A three goal win for the Teds I’d fancy now the Caixinha circus has left town. Though I agree with the rest of the post. :)

What has Candeias done to be deemed surplus to requiremements & punted for half his value...? o_O

Agree with much of the rest.

I think you have got to look it at in one way-how many of our players would get in their team ?apart from our goalie i think we would struggle to get any in..and then you look at their squad .defensively they are week but midfield and upfront they have a lot of options..so for me this will take time to overhaul them.we need quality more than quantity. if it takes 3 or 4 transfer windows then that's what we have to do

this seems to be a weekly question, there is no figure finance doesn't dictate results there are 100s of contributing factors

Increasing our wage budget is a biggger issue for me than putting a number on transfer fees.

Celtic have signed Sinclair & Dembele for around £4m but their wages are high, that is the gap we must bridge IMO.

I’m talking about post-season though. Feels light on numbers. One up front isn’t always going to be the answer.
TBF It's worked for the scum last 18mths. Modern day football very rarely do you play 2 up top

All we should be concentrating on is - beating the rest at the moment.

I just cannot subscribe to this at all. That's the myth the media are peddling, don't downplay your expectations of Rangers Football Club based on the nonsense the media write.

We're the biggest club in this country, time to regain our throne.

Needs to be £20 million to start off. A high standard of signings. If it's true what king said about transfer funds and his wording, you'd think he could give more than this. It has to start at £20m at least in my opinion.

Exactly this.

We need a brilliant manager, and 3 or 4 quality additions, mega emphasis on the quality, and we will frighten the life out of them.

Can't have a scattergun approach to transfers like the past 2 years.

3 or 4 you must mean about 7 surley

forget the Dims - how much would it take to beat the rest, and I mean build a team that can comfortably win every spl game - the answer not that much .... and realistically there is no chance of any manager getting 20 mil ??

beat the rest - then it comes down to OF games - that's how to win the league short term

I’m not sure you could put a figure on it but to compete for the title we need:

A right back who can defend

Possibly a centre back

A left sided attacking midfielder

A defensive midfielder to partner Jack and allow Dorrans more freedom.

A striker

If we went with priorities out that five I’d go for a right back, left sided midfielder and a striker.

We are six points behind after the turmoil of the Pedro period.
Astute sensible management and it won’t take much.
I get what your saying mate and agree to a bit, but I can't help but think they have took their eye off the ball because they feel they can. If we hadn't dropped as much points as we have a doubt they would of as well.

I thought it was only on twitter the standards had dropped: Mclean, Walker, Moult? at this rate if we sign these types of guys in bulk the only team we will be capable of chasing down is Aberdeen.

I get what your saying mate and agree to a bit, but I can't help but think they have took their eye off the ball because they feel they can. If we hadn't dropped as much points as we have a doubt they would of as well.
Possibly. They look like they’ll be in Europe after Xmas so here’s hoping they take their eye off the ball again.

Possibly. They look like they’ll be in Europe after Xmas so here’s hoping they take their eye off the ball again.

Hopefully their moral is at a sickening low going into the Motherwell cup final after a 6-0 thrashing in Paris.

I thought it was only on twitter the standards had dropped: Mclean, Walker, Moult? at this rate if we sign these types of guys in bulk the only team we will be capable of chasing down is Aberdeen.

I agree with this to a certain extent but Moult is better than Herrera and the other two are better and more reliable than what we currently have.

The only definites I’d get rid of would be MOH, Forrester, Dalcio (though he will likely go back in January), Kranjcar and Rossiter (both for fitness reasons) and Pena. All of the rest are at least possibly salvageable for a new manager.

All very well, but then there's the out-of-contract guys on top of that plus Nemane, John (if we are stupid enough to fail to agree a deal with him) and so on. There can be no doubt at all that we will see a major 8-12 player 'churn' again next Summer.

You are correct, it has to stop - and the first step towards ensuring that is stability in the Manager's Office.

We also need to be fitter and more aggressive. I watched bits of their game and we're not at that level. We don't play at that tempo, ever...so training / coaching needs investment and work too.

Spot on. They are much quicker all over the park. Since Rodgers came in Brown Griffiths and Tierney have changed their body shape. Ok Tierney is still growing but it's obvious to me he has them training hard. Thats what we should concentrate on.

We need real pace and directness on the wings. 1/2 2=3 million scott sinclair type players and to have the fear factor back at Ibrox.

We're not going to catch them purely by spending cash. Like it or not, on top of the Champions League money they're taking in, they have a couple of very saleable assets in Tierney & Dembele. Perhaps not the gazillions their media cheerleaders would have you believe, but they'll still get plenty for them. If we spend £20m, they can spend £30 - £40m if they need to.

We really need some very astute signings, some decent Bosman's, some players coming through from the youth ranks and also hope they blow a load of cash on some real donkeys. We need to be better than the rest so we can put pressure on them, always be within touching distance and effectively get to a position where the title goes to whoever gets the better of our 4 head to head games.

Morrison and McArthur available on bosmans, very good start to proceedings if we got them albeit wages would need to be negotiated.

If we want to overctake Celtic we need to set our sights far higher than moult , McLean and walker .

100% this, the constant banging on about these 3 players on FF makes me depressed

We will not catch them when signing players of that quality

With a sound management team and a better scouting team, it won’t take as much transfer cash as some would have us believe.

Smart signings rather than expensive ones.

3 or 4 you must mean about 7 surley

No I genuinely believe high quality 3 or 4 would do it (for now). I still place a huge amount of emphasis on the right manager to get the best out of some other players. Remember Deilas dumplings are all pretty much still at the piggery, they're just managed better with some additional quality

It really comes down to who we get as the new boss.

As much as it pains me, when that mob got Rodgers, they also got his access to the English leagues. They would never have gotten Sinclair or Dumbelly with a McInnes type manager.

Players take notice when someone like Gerrard speaks about how much he loved playing under and he felt he improved under Rodgers, could you see anyone worth signing taking notice of Graeme Shinnie saying the same about McInnes?

I think McInnes is a good manager and one day i hope he does come to us, but i would prefer to see him succeed in England first (Bristol City was a disaster for him). Build a reputation that could bring rising stars to us. That the kind of man i want us to get, then we will minimize the cash spend on players due to them wanting to play for the new boss.

To make a proper challenge we need to up the quality of our starting 11, probably need three or four automatic picks.

But a proper challenge, a sustained push wont happen without using players from the squad, it wont be won with the same 11 players playing week in week out. We probably need the same in squad players, three or four to increase the squad quality.

We need 3 or 4 players that match the quality of their “big 4” namely Armstrong, Sinclair, Dembele, Griffiths”.

What that would cost is anyone’s guess but getting a couple free agents like McArthur/Morrison would be a good start.

give up with Morrison hes on 70k a week and never moving to Scotland

Not much at all. How much did Brenda need to overhaul a Celtic team that was limping over the league finishing line, who got outplayed by a championship assembled Rangers team, and whose fans were saying their current players were either inadequate or finished.

He came in and only added Sinclair and Dembele to the first team. Yes two solid players that he got for peanuts in comparison to our extortionate outlay on mexican duds. Again, I feel like I'm posting the same thing again as I did before PC. We need to get the next managerial appointment 100% correct!!!

Do that and with a couple of genuinely good signings to complement what is a very decent squad, we'll at the very least be challenging domestically.

If I was the manager I would sign Moult, Walker, Morgan and McLean on frees or depending if the league is still close, spend 1m to get them all in Jan after they've signed pre contracts. That would bolster the squad for the run in.

Then I feel in the summer we would need another Centre half, a Scott Sinclair type player and a commanding centre mid.

That's where my money would go...

None of the players you propose would even get near the mentally challengeds bench.

We need better if we are to bridge the gap.

Yes but we need to strengthen bench first...then add the quality we need.

We can't buy a guy and give him £30,000 a week only to have same faces playing every week.

New manager and 10m sent wisely on quality rather than quantity will close the gap.

None of the players you propose would even get near the mentally challengeds bench.

We need better if we are to bridge the gap.
Better costs a whole lot of money that we don't have. McLean I would say is similar to Stuart Armstrong and could be developed into a better player. He has good energy about him. Walker is out of form just now but he is a good player and can only get better. Had a good season last year. Young lad Morgan can only get better but has shown a lot of potential. Who knows where that could go. Then lastly Moult will score goals in the SPL every year. Hard worker with an eye for goal. He could be our Griffiths.

We don't have money to be splashing 2-3 million on 4/5 players to get us challenging. This will have to be done over the next 3/4 years. Then even after that we need luck and imo hope Rodgers leaves them sharpish.

Back