Muddy pitches - any excuse to show that Ronnie Radford FA Cup goal v Newcastle, 1972

Ricky George scored the winner in extra time. 14million watched it as lead game on Match Of The Day that night. o_O

Had a wee book thing back in the day that when you flicked the pages quickly it showed this goal going in - think it was from the Sun.

Had a wee book thing back in the day that when you flicked the pages quickly it showed this goal going in - think it was from the Sun.
There was a half dozen or so in the set.
I’ve still got the set.
Will have them until one of my kids clear out my junk when I’m “watching a real cup tie in the sky , getting soaked to the skin even though I’m wearing my parka”.

There was a half dozen or so in the set.
I’ve still got the set.
Will have them until one of my kids clear out my junk when I’m “watching a real cup tie in the sky , getting soaked to the skin even though I’m wearing my parka”.
That'll be worth a few bob on E-Bay.

Never seen that before - fine goal. Mor eimpressive when you thionk hes wearing old heavy boots and the ball would probabaly be used as a medicine ball today

For weeks later, loads of kids up and down the UK were running round the playground, arms up like Ronnie Radford, after scoring a goal. :) Just a magical clip of football.

Back