Multiple million donation to the SPFL from Hearts investors

Surely stuff like this, plus even reportIng it, should be banned on the eve of a vote. It’s like saying unnamed millionaires will plough billions into the NHS if such and such a Party gets in at a National Election. I’m sure there are laws against that.

Not to mention there are places, like the NHS far more deserving of a cash injection right now than football clubs, especially ones with poor business models,

Last edited:
beyond belief, I really do need to meet these type of benefactors for no strings attached money

James Anderson of Baillie Gifford is the man that has donated all the dough to the Jambos. If he wanted to he could he’s no a kid on millionaire.
If he wanted to plough money in to help Hearts, why not put it into players, get promoted, and try for Europe. Using it too pay off wee clubs is a mental idea.

They really don't!

They do but. Other examples include English law , Canadian law . They don’t have to accept it as precedent but they will at least consider it then it’s up to the judge to decide what to do

This is a European football issue. I’d be very suprised if they don’t consider what’s happening across Europe in Dutch french cases etc

Bizarre indeed, maybe they should give their money to AB so the new stand can be completed. Is this the nonsense that keeps Hearts in the SPL? And again nothing publicly from Donkey and the gang. A shambles.
On kickback they think they have given hearts 4.5 million to do just that.

Yes this sounds completely legitimate and not like something the Cosa f.ucking Nostra would be ashamed to attempt.

What is is with Hearts and dodgy as f.uck benefactors? We get all the shit in the world thrown at us for supposedly dodgy dealings but I'm fairly sure that nobody involved with Rangers is hiding out under the sea in a submarine.

A ltd company can get relief on corporation tax if they donate to a charity
It's not a charity!
They do but. Other examples include English law , Canadian law . They don’t have to accept it as precedent but they will at least consider it then it’s up to the judge to decide what to do

This is a European football issue. I’d be very suprised if they don’t consider what’s happening across Europe in Dutch french cases etc
It's not mate it's a Scottish issue... English law etc has no bearing.

Openly brazen corruption is OK in wee nippys land of the free, so why not? After all certain football clubs have been at it for years.

I believe that those systems and decisions based on Common Law are taken into account. In France I understan that judges can not make law.

If he rejects it, he all but bankrupts Scottish football

If he accepts, he may be directly liable in a very dodgy business deal. That won't do his future job prospects any good
He is in a job for life by the looks of it and with his wage, bonuses and backhanders he has probably made enough not to worry about future employment.

You could well be right mate .I knew that Lyon were asking the French fa to reconsider their decision.
So did the Dutch judge he threw out the Cambuur and de Graafschaap case saying these were exceptional times and while he sympathised with them he felt the KNVB had to make a decision that was never going to please everyone.

Rangers MUST take legal action if this looks like a goer.
We have spoken about transparency in the complaints we have made.
We therefore have to challenge any secret financial arrangements.
We need to have full disclosure of financial arrangements. We would win in court and may finally unmask the puppet masters!!!

Wait, so Alistair Johnson waits years for fit and proper status but anonymous investors can bribe every club in the league to let hearts stay up? Aye nae bother

Rangers MUST take legal action if this looks like a goer.
We have spoken about transparency in the complaints we have made.
We therefore have to challenge any secret financial arrangements.
We need to have full disclosure of financial arrangements. We would win in court and may finally unmask the puppet masters!!!
Totally agree but that may lay the trap they wish to set. The wee leagues go out of business and the big bad Rangers are to blame for questioning the survival package. Leaves them with enough teams for SPL1 and SPL2 with the Tim’s still looking like the good guys despite their fingerprints being all over it.

Back