Multiple million donation to the SPFL from Hearts investors

Totally agree but that may lay the trap they wish to set. The wee leagues go out of business and the big bad Rangers are to blame for questioning the survival package. Leaves them with enough teams for SPL1 and SPL2 with the Tim’s still looking like the good guys despite their fingerprints being all over it.
It is not about popularity but about honesty and integrity.
I would rather us be principled and do the right thing than accept corruption so that we are not blamed for putting some clubs out of business.

It's not a charity!

It's not mate it's a Scottish issue... English law etc has no bearing.

English law is considered by the Scots courts . It’s not automatically accepted as precedent but it can be. Other legal systems can be as well but that’s far rarer. There’s loads of English cases that have been accepted as precedent by the Scottish legal system

Examples are for example in delict hill v chief constable of West Yorkshire police 1988 and Darnley v Croydon health services nhs trust 2018. There’s loads in all areas of law

I believe that those systems and decisions based on Common Law are taken into account. In France I understan that judges can not make law.

I don’t have an in depth knowledge of the french legal system so you might be right about that . I just know there are some legal systems that the Scottish courts do consider

English law is considered by the Scots courts . It’s not automatically accepted as precedent but it can be. Other legal systems can be as well but that’s far rarer. There’s loads of English cases that have been accepted as precedent by the Scottish legal system

Examples are for example in delict hill v chief constable of West Yorkshire police 1988 and Darnley v Croydon health services nhs trust 2018. There’s loads in all areas of law
I stand corrected.

So, liewell, Doncaster, maclennan and co can't find an SPFL sponsor for love nor money despite several months of searching but now there's benefactors suddenly sprouting out of the woodwork completely unasked and unprompted all over the shop and willing to throw millions at the game?

Wow, this is a development and a half!

Just awaiting for some one in the media to call this latest piece of corruption out. I could live til 100 though and still won't see it.

Lets be honest, it is all to stop Hearts going legal. And this all stems from a dodgy vote.

Without that vote and the reasons behind it there would be no donations. Its buying their silence.
Let us all renember what this vote entailed. After refusing to accept an alternative resolution from Rangers the SPFL resolution required a Yes vote to allow them to end the season at a time and manner of their choosing, as the only way which permitted clubs to have their prize money.
The deciding vote, was initially cast, lost, uncast, found, reversed, then recast.
Only in Scottish football would this be acceptable, absolutely and totally corrupt.

Last edited:
Back