Murdo Fraser writes to Humza re 'hanging effigies'

CarlukeBear

Wonder if the evidence was lost as, if it was allowed to go to ahead they would need to explain why the powers that be at the scumdome did nothing to stop this?

Fothyman

The cctv will have been stored on a disc or usb stick so can't just have been deleted. It will not just be saved on to a computer at the courts. Who ever saved the cctv may well have had a copy of it - was this ever asked or was rhe case just chucked?

BlueHaze

Would evidence have been lost had this offence been aimed at the lgbtq or Muslim communities,
Think we can safely say there would have been questions asked in parliament, plenty of column inches in the papers and TV specials to discuss and condem the individuals and club involved.

The Double A Man

As referred to in a previous post.This is all about the will to proceed in my view.Yes, the evidence 'may' have been lost, misplaced or whatever.The point in question is the will to proceed.The best evidence is the actual effigies themselves and the video footage.There are hundreds of court cases daily throughout the land where convictions are secured without CCTV or in some cases the crown productions.Most convictions are secured on the testimony of eye witnesses.If there was a will to proceed there are any number of potential eye witnesses who saw the effigies personally.That coupled with television coverage would be ample evidence to prove guilt.I would add that the crown would have to give some explanation as to how/why the original stuff was misplaced etc in order for the secondary evidence to be accepted.

RBRFC

Not before time .
It wasn't a "blunder", which means incompetent but honest mistake, it was intentional corruption and anti-Protestant behaviour to ensure the perpetrators got away with this crime.

Further, there are literally thousands of videos including on You Tube showing these effigies and the people hanging them, how can there possibly "not be enough evidence"?

borderbluenose

I am afraid to say that Scotland is a corrupt little country now the errors from the fiscal's department grow longer and longer friends of friends in fiscal can affect prosecutions e.g this the bin lorry driver and probably Salmond no wonder McGarry was shocked she got jailed

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Police Scotland investigating, findings will be sent to the COPFS.......turkeys voting for xmas here.
I think we will need to keep on top of this one. Especially as the offences happened in September 2016, ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO.
Imagine this had been the other way about. There would be a government summit and 3 years worth of every paper would be disecting it forensically.

wontoofree

Is there not an investigation by some independent police committee for things like evidence going missing. Surely some sort of investigation should be taking place, No?
I have been pestering anyone I can think of connected with this incident, and have been informed by the Proculator Fiscal's office that the Lord Advocate has instructed the Police to carry out an investigation into this. However, the LA refuses to tell me what they are actually investigating. Criminal actions I hope.

BSPECIAL

As long as the useless humming fud is in charge of the justice in scotland nothing will be done in this case. The useless one won't even comment on the biggest scandal to hit scotland.He.among other horrible items don't want to prosecute their beloved septic scum.This will go on on on without action as long as these cunts are in power.

Bear all

How are ordinary people supposed to have confidence in the justice system when evidence can disappear when it suits,this is actually quite scary,whats the chance of evidence going missing when it comes the time for celtc to get there day in court.
Yes your right regardless of the case (no coincidence) there should be a intensive investigation to weed out the culprit, you can't be in a position where you can delete evidence in pending court cases you just can't be.

chosen few

Hypothetically say in a murder case or another serious crime, could the defence lawyer not question the validity of every piece of evidence bought before the court, i

Gibbonbear

These things are signed in and out as they meander their merry way through the legal system.There will no doubt be an audit trail as to where it went and when.
That would be my understanding regarding signing in and out , for instance if person A signs the evidence out he or she is responsible for it and if that person then passes it on to person B , he or she then becomes responsible for it so that there is a clear auditable trail . If that has not happened there would appear to be something wrong with their procedures in place either that or they are at it !!!!

Bear all

That would be my understanding regarding signing in and out , for instance if person A signs the evidence out he or she is responsible for it and if that person then passes it on to person B , he or she then becomes responsible for it so that there is a clear auditable trail . If that has not happened there would appear to be something wrong with their procedures in place either that or they are at it !!!!
Either way it needs addressed, I wonder if it has happened before surely there must be a protocol for this doing nothing is just not acceptable.

The Double A Man

As far as I understand it Scots law relies on 'best evidence'.If the absence of this best evidence can be explained(THERE MUST BE A WILLINGNESS TO DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE)then I can see no valid reason why the Crown can't provide the next best evidence.For example in a murder case where the victim has been stabbed and the knife goes missing.The Crown can still proceed with the case providing there is a sufficient explanation as to the absence of the knife.They can still provide evidence from eye witnesses that the accused had the knife, evidence of him buying the knife etc and evidence from the surgeon as to the nature of the wound and how it was caused and by what type of weapon. The list could go on and on as to proof etc.For that matter, do we know what the 9 accused have said when interviewed etc.In summary, if there was a will to proceed......................

ghoulishworm

Yes your right regardless of the case (no coincidence) there should be a intensive investigation to weed out the culprit, you can't be in a position where you can delete evidence in pending court cases you just can't be.
Yet there we have exactly this situation B.A. nobody is going to tell me that the culprit is anything other than one of the unwashed,and therefore hidden and protected right inside the P.F.s offices.