Murdo Fraser writes to Humza re 'hanging effigies'

CROWN BUNGLE Police Scotland probe blunder which saw nine Celtic fans accused of hanging Rangers sex doll effigies walk free

COPS are probing the blunder which saw nine Celtic fans accused of hanging Rangers sex doll effigies walk free.
An investigation was launched after prosecutors lost photo and video evidence covering the Old Firm showdown at Parkhead.
Lord Advocate James Wolffe QC revealed the move in a letter to Tory MSP Murdo Fraser.
He wrote: “The circumstances which led to the loss of the productions in this case require to be fully investigated.

“The police have been asked to carry out that investigation.”
The stunt featured two dummies strung up wearing a Gers scarf and Orange Order sash.
Nine supporters were due to stand trial over the September 2016 incident. Mr Fraser welcomed the probe.
He said: “The failure to bring this to court has been a disgrace. Evidence like this doesn’t simply go missing.”

Police Scotland said inquiries were “ongoing”.
The Crown Office added it was “regrettable” the case had been scrapped.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/topic/scottish-crime/
Not before time .

CROWN BUNGLE Police Scotland probe blunder which saw nine Celtic fans accused of hanging Rangers sex doll effigies walk free

COPS are probing the blunder which saw nine Celtic fans accused of hanging Rangers sex doll effigies walk free.
An investigation was launched after prosecutors lost photo and video evidence covering the Old Firm showdown at Parkhead.
Lord Advocate James Wolffe QC revealed the move in a letter to Tory MSP Murdo Fraser.
He wrote: “The circumstances which led to the loss of the productions in this case require to be fully investigated.

“The police have been asked to carry out that investigation.”
The stunt featured two dummies strung up wearing a Gers scarf and Orange Order sash.
Nine supporters were due to stand trial over the September 2016 incident. Mr Fraser welcomed the probe.
He said: “The failure to bring this to court has been a disgrace. Evidence like this doesn’t simply go missing.”

Police Scotland said inquiries were “ongoing”.
The Crown Office added it was “regrettable” the case had been scrapped.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/topic/scottish-crime/
Thought they'd be football fans.

Let's be honest this suits the agenda of the conservatives anyway as it makes the SNP look a shambles let's not pretend it's a favour to us

I don’t particularly like people playing politics when it seems so blatantly obvious but I don’t know Murdo Fraser personally, never met him or seen him at a Rangers game but that’s not me saying he’s definitely not a genuine Rangers fan, if he is then good on him, if it has got to the stage where it’s a man or women who could be said to have a dog in the race to coin an appropriate phrase who’s willing to call out that mob’s shit then so be it! Someone has to do it. Yes I am questioning the type of people who work in the PFs office.

This is an easy one for us to get organised around. We should all contact our MP's with a similar letter and up the pressure on Yousless. I have included some text which you will hopefully be able to copy into a letter :-

Hi ****,

My name is **** and I am one of your constituents. I would like to express my incredulity and disappointment that the perpetrators of a hate crime will face no action due to some of the evidence from the case being “lost” by the COPFS.

I am referring to the well publicised case where Celtic fans hung effigies from the stands at a recent Celtic v Rangers match at Parkhead. I am sure you will recall this instance as it was widely regarded as being deeply offensive, considered to be a hate crime against rival supporters and was sickeningly committed on National Suicide Prevention Day.

Given the serious public concern around this incident, it is worrying that the COPFS / and or Police Scotland have “lost” evidence relating to this case, ultimately resulting in the perpetrators escaping without punishment.

I would be grateful if you could make some enquiries on my behalf to the Justice Minister and his department as to what has actually happened here. Are there any plans to investigate the circumstances around this loss of evidence and if so will any conclusions be made public? It hardly inspires confidence in our justice system if people who commit such crimes do not have to answer them because of incompetence in protecting crucial evidence. I await your response. Many thanks.

Regards *******

That's mine sent, we'll see how long it is 'til I get an answer,if at all.

W.A.T.P.

It would actually be interesting to know what Humza Useless does on a daily basis - work sure as %^*& isn't one of the things he does.

His job IS to F%## things up on a daily basis. He did an admirable job of destroying our transport system when he was Transport minister so it was only sensible that he would be placed as Justice minister to F%## that up as well. Mind you the whole of the SNP from Holyrood, Local Councils through to MEP's are wholly under qualified and incapable.

His job IS to F%## things up on a daily basis. He did an admirable job of destroying our transport system when he was Transport minister so it was only sensible that he would be placed as Justice minister to F%## that up as well. Mind you the whole of the SNP from Holyrood, Local Councils through to MEP's are wholly under qualified and incapable.
It is genuinely laughable that not only people support this lot but actually fight tooth and nail to back and support them at all costs. Almost every member of the SNP is a laughable joke and would probably struggle to hold down a decent level of employment. The ones that did before hand were probably handed it on a plate.

I actually think people like Humza and Sturgeon would probably be running for their lives in other countries the sheer level of %^*& up. I mean, Trump is a fucking moron and he's doing a better job with his country that the SNP is with ours. That is genuinely alarming.

He sits at his desk learning the scrip that his press officer has given him for whatever questions the media have been told to ask him
Does he ever speak? He's usually too busy on Twitter tweeting shit about inane subjects or his love of Celtic. Never seen him speak or write or tweet about his day job. A bit like everyone else in the SNP.

Let’s face it he’s one of the Nasi’s ethnic majority PC world faces these goons like to fill the party with, just as long as your not a unionist, Protestant, Rangers supporter, one Scotland’s many cultures, aye fecking right ah Nippy.

By whom? this really requires an in depth investigation, these pricks don't even try to hide their contempt of us.

Exactly, in any other case "loss of evidence" would lead into an investigation into how evidence is just lost and who has "lost it"

My partner works for the Police as a Production Keeper. They do not lose evidence. It is practically impossible. Only explanation would be that said evidence was not handed in to be catalogued, logged, given a number and stored in what is a very secure facility.
The whole thing is all very strange. Where is the back up?

Hamza should be out the door if he can't give answers to all of this.

Remember if something is deleted it generally goes into a recycle bin. You can recover deleted files from there. If not, files are regularly backed up on a server each night or in a regular back up regime.

It takes effort to delete the relevant files and further delete them from
A server or recycle bin. I’m calling foul here and also that a criminal investigation take place. Disgusting and sinister behaviour.

Knuckles rapped?
You, of course, mean discipline proceedings that could lead to a job loss surely?
That is if the criminal enquiry comes to nothing.

Secondary evidence can be used in a matter like this, it just needs to be tested in front of a judge where both the prosecution can make a case for it to be used and the defence if they feel inclined can make a case to have it not allowed and the case perhaps then dismissed.

In a case such as this clearly, there is a public interest value in proceeding with the case if possible.
The public should expect that the Crown in this instance acts as robustly as possible in seeking their day in court.

One, however, suspects from the haste in ditching the matter, that far from being robust those representing the Crown are only two happy to see that this matter never sees the inside of a courtroom.
The stench of rottenness surrounding this issue is permeating its way down to London.
Given that the Scots are now inadequate in even the fundamental aspects of running a modern justice system, Westminster should really intervene to examine why matters of law are now reduced to Banana State levels.

There should be a fikn love it button for this.

I don’t particularly like people playing politics when it seems so blatantly obvious but I don’t know Murdo Fraser personally, never met him or seen him at a Rangers game but that’s not me saying he’s definitely not a genuine Rangers fan, if he is then good on him, if it has got to the stage where it’s a man or women who could be said to have a dog in the race to coin an appropriate phrase who’s willing to call out that mob’s shit then so be it! Someone has to do it. Yes I am questioning the type of people who work in the PFs office.

Murdo Fraser has a season ticket in the club deck and has been there for many years.

Wonder if the evidence was lost as, if it was allowed to go to ahead they would need to explain why the powers that be at the scumdome did nothing to stop this?

The cctv will have been stored on a disc or usb stick so can't just have been deleted. It will not just be saved on to a computer at the courts. Who ever saved the cctv may well have had a copy of it - was this ever asked or was rhe case just chucked?

Would evidence have been lost had this offence been aimed at the lgbtq or Muslim communities,
Think we can safely say there would have been questions asked in parliament, plenty of column inches in the papers and TV specials to discuss and condem the individuals and club involved.

As referred to in a previous post.This is all about the will to proceed in my view.Yes, the evidence 'may' have been lost, misplaced or whatever.The point in question is the will to proceed.The best evidence is the actual effigies themselves and the video footage.There are hundreds of court cases daily throughout the land where convictions are secured without CCTV or in some cases the crown productions.Most convictions are secured on the testimony of eye witnesses.If there was a will to proceed there are any number of potential eye witnesses who saw the effigies personally.That coupled with television coverage would be ample evidence to prove guilt.I would add that the crown would have to give some explanation as to how/why the original stuff was misplaced etc in order for the secondary evidence to be accepted.

There will still be enough evidence in the form of newspaper reports and pictures to allow the trial to proceed.

Back