Murdoch MacLennan and the CMA

He might be a wanker, but a formal complaint was raised to the CMA and they have acted accordingly.

Rabid Tim aye, but we acted illegally.

my feelings about that 19th Century Terrorist rhat MacLennan are well known to this messageboard, but this investigation has been going since December 2020, rhat MacLennan has only been involved with them since April this year.

Anyone think McGifty hasn't taken any sort of interest since he took over his role?

With his media background I don't think it is a coincedence that the CMA Press release has a lovely picture of Ibrox despite us being a minor offender compared to the other parties.

Am I being cynical? Perhaps, but you just can't trust him.
More likely that someone with knowledge of the business (Ashley?) supplied him info thinking we could get done under some SPFL rules/articles, but as the SPFL rules don't cover merchandising the recourse through the CMA (which said fat fucker will also know in detail) was open to him, and this new connection with them has paved the way for another high profile appointment for him.

Wasn't there a post last week that one of the Mike Ashley owned stores (at the Fort?) was undercutting the megastore price for the new orange 3rd kit massively - like £25? As well as another big FU to us, that'd tie in with this happening.

He is a board member, not sure the relevance when it is something we have actually done.

Could understand pointing out people in the shadows if we are getting captured in grey area stuff but we fixed prices, albeit for a short period
Astounded that some will still lump the board and us supporters together as "we".

THEY have fleeced fans.

Very true, but like Dr Death with HMRC he can drip poison words into his colleagues ears.
Oh I’m sure his position as chair of that board has afforded him some insights into the investigation. And I’m also sure he’d never get himself involved, even in a backhanded way, as revenge for the cinch deal he and square heid fucked up and tried to blame on us

Because he’s always been a stand up kinda guy ;)

Or maybe we actually read the report and find the high number they are using was JD's prices which they stuck on a few thousands strips they bought from Elite at the height of the buying frenzy at the time of the Hummel deal?
Reading the report seems a bit extreme. I'd rather just have a very strong opinion about what I think is in there. ;)

We can say that we shouldn't be giving them a chance to hammer us however nobody can tell me that JD Sports haven't done this before and we're being singled out based on who we are.

Theres a rhat at every corner these days.

We can say that we shouldn't be giving them a chance to hammer us however nobody can tell me that JD Sports haven't done this before and we're being singled out based on who we are.

Theres a rhat at every corner these days.

I see on the list of other pending cases there's one involving JD and Leicester City which looks like it may be the same sort of thing.

I see on the list of other pending cases there's one involving JD and Leicester City which looks like it may be the same sort of thing.

Fair enough but my point still stands B-)

You don't know what's illegal yet anymore than I do, if there's a ridiculous response I think it can be attributed to yourself at this moment in time.
"At this moment in time"

Have you seen how much our board has messed up retail deals? This Is yet another case of the incompetency we've seen but more importantly, it's the board putting business above the fanbase.

If this was green or the easdales there would be outrage, as ever, some think the current board can do no wrong. No matter who the board are, they are all accountable and only there by our support.

"At this moment in time"

Have you seen how much our board has messed up retail deals? This Is yet another case of the incompetency we've seen but more importantly, it's the board putting business above the fanbase.

If this was green or the easdales there would be outrage, as ever, some think the current board can do no wrong. No matter who the board are, they are all accountable and only there by our support.
So it's incompetence now? What happened to the "fleecing the support" argument, make your mind up

I hate him. Lots to suggest that he is a sinister individual that's got an axe to grind. Putting the boot in at every opportunity is my guess and no doubt helped shine a light on this particular issue.

He doesn’t seem particularly adept when it comes to editing his Wikipedia biography.

Not sure the fans should be circling the wagons at this point to defend this.

That said Murdoch seems like a very busy chap for an old guy. No offence to old guys.

No offence taken. Good job you didnt mention his race.

He is a board member, not sure the relevance when it is something we have actually done.

Could understand pointing out people in the shadows if we are getting captured in grey area stuff but we fixed prices, albeit for a short period
To be accurate - we have been ACCUSED of fixing prices. Even if this is proven to be true, it will be very interesting to learn of the context in which this took place.

The Dave King statement is interesting.
And I have to say I had some skepticism in terms of the timing of the release of the CMA story.
Negative Rangers finance story at a time when the other mob should be plastered across the front pages for their vile crimes.
Quelle surprise Mr McLennan

"Fleeced" as in increasing the revenue of the club, as in generating the resources that increase the necessary competitiveness of Rangers?
We got the same money, the club was involved in ensuring we paid the higher price for the short sleeved home tops.

Last edited:
We got the same money, the club was involved in ensuring we paid the higher price for the short sleeved home tops.
My post had no relevance to this, it was in connection to the general idea of this board "fleecing" the fans, in general.

Awful lot of column inches on, according to Dave King, a nothing story

The biggest story in Scottish Sport, biggest peadophile ring in world sport, had its first, class action hearing at court the other day.

Anyone reporting on it ?

How many children were abused, how many lives have been ruined or lost to suicide.

What is the Scottish Government doing about it ? Protecting their own.

Back