Murphy and Polster back in pre season training

Bonnyloyal

Jamie Murphy has stepped up his return from a serious knee injury by joining Matt Polster for an early pre-season.

The Rangers winger has been out since last August after suffering an ACL injury during a Betfred Cup win over Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.

The injury sparked a debate over the use of artificial pitches in the top flight of Scottish football with Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard critical of them.

But now Murphy could make his return for Rangers during pre-season friendlies scheduled for July. Gerrard's side face Oxford, Marseille, Blackburn and Derby while they also have Europa League qualifiers.

He joined versatile midfielder Polster in returning to the Hummel Training Centre early as the American looks to make an impact at the club.

Polster posted an image of the pair on his Instagram account to say: "Getting ready for pre-season with @j.murphy7".

It's an age old cliché but sometimes it just applies. Murphy will be like a new signing.

In the Christmas tree formation, Jamie Murphy will be brilliant for us.

That’s a mouth watering prospect: also in the 433 he, Stewart and Arfield will be spelling each other as the inside forward on either side, with an outside winger on the other.

You can see that’s the way Gerrard wants to play but losing Murphy meant we had to play with two wingers far too often

Been said before, but ACL's are no longer the destructive injury they once were.

In the old days, players who suffered a torn ACL rarely returned to be the same player. The procedures and rehab have gotten much better in the last five years - you're seeing players come back and reaching peak performance again.

Achilles injuries have much more serious long-term consequences than ACL's these days.

Is seems CRAZY that the season finished a couple of weeks ago and we are nearly at pre season camp stage ,I appreciate Murphy and pollster a wee bit earlier but all the same it seems a shorter gap every season

good to see both lads wanting to be ready

Defoe has been absolutely hammering in fitness training when hes been away also.
Quite a few of the squad have posted pics of them doing pre, pre-season work.

Also a couple posting that they have the fear. Good to know they are expecting a bit of hard work!

I'll be glad to see Murphy back but if I'm being honest I don't remember much about him. I remember him being a grafter though and that's always good.

Hoping everyone's optimism is well placed, as he could really help us out this year.

We wouldn't have had such a problem with goals outwith Alfie last season had we had Murphy. Looking forward to his return.

Really hope Polster works out.

We have a good Croatian, need an American to keep both(relatively new) traditions going

Hope Murphy is the same the goals and assists he offers is much needed, in those respects he's better than Candeias and Kent imo

good to see both lads wanting to be ready

Defoe has been absolutely hammering in fitness training when hes been away also.

Defoe had some of the best physical stats at Bournemouth's pre season camp last season mate.

Terrific athlete and dedication.

Good to see Murphy and Polster getting ready to put in a serious challenge for places. The good number of pre-season games means they should be able to show their readiness.

Good to see them getting in there nice and early for training. Hope to see both of them featuring for us next season.

Can't see Goldson on the page?
2iibdj5.jpg

Defoe has posted some videos on Instagram tonight and he looks like he's ready to play tomorrow - absolutely brilliant to see.

Saw Doc post earlier that he's been doing an intensive week somewhere too.

Our players know what's expected of them.

Glad to see the commitment from our players and It shows just how much it means to be ready for the upcoming season, players competing for places in the team will be there throughout which is great. 55 means as much to the squad as it does to us. #55 Lets Go.

Is seems CRAZY that the season finished a couple of weeks ago and we are nearly at pre season camp stage ,I appreciate Murphy and pollster a wee bit earlier but all the same it seems a shorter gap every season

A month off seems fine to me , wouldn’t mind that every summer from my work :D

Back