Murphy and Polster back in pre season training

When I was a wean in the 60's the close season seemed to go on forever but it's only a couple of weeks now !!!. Great to see the players back in early and doing their own thing to ensure they are ready for what is going to be a massive season for us. Well done to them.

Defoe has posted some videos on Instagram tonight and he looks like he's ready to play tomorrow - absolutely brilliant to see.

Saw Doc post earlier that he's been doing an intensive week somewhere too.

Our players know what's expected of them.

It's the way you've got to be @Scarlett.

Most of our players will take 2 weeks complete rest and then start building a fitness base in preparation for pre season training beginning.

That's what the smart ones will do anyway, or else they'll be seriously suffering when pre season starts.

Most of our players will take 2 weeks complete rest and then start building a fitness base in preparation for pre season training beginning.

That's what the smart ones will do anyway, or else they'll be seriously suffering when pre season starts.
I have no doubts over how hard these guys work, believe me.

I train with a current Olympic medalist and World top 10 in my chosen sport and have seen behind the scenes, so to speak, of elite level sport and can appreciate the work and commitment required.

It pleases me to see our players showing that mindset and understanding what's required, and that our standards have raised now. The pre-season training videos will be interesting.

I have no doubts over how hard these guys work, believe me.

I train with a current Olympic medalist and World top 10 in my chosen sport and have seen behind the scenes, so to speak, of elite level sport and can appreciate the work and commitment required.

It pleases me to see our players showing that mindset and understanding what's required, and that our standards have raised now. The pre-season training videos will be interesting.

What sport do you compete in @Scarlett?

Really hope Murphy can get in to a good run of form. Feel we were robbed of him last season because of that fucking pitch at Kilmarnock.

Because of that F------ C--- who pushed him ( JM ) hard when he was already going down. Step up K B !

Defoe has posted some videos on Instagram tonight and he looks like he's ready to play tomorrow - absolutely brilliant to see.

Saw Doc post earlier that he's been doing an intensive week somewhere too.

Our players know what's expected of them.
28bejc0.jpg

2ikwg3d.jpg

Most of the players have in some form began pre season training.

Good to see the likes of Murphy, Halliday ,Polster and Holt at the HTC yesterday.

What struck me by that was that 3 are Scottish which kind off shows the difference in attitudes nowadays.

Under McCoist , Certain Scottish players turned up for pre season looking more like attendees of a rehabilitation unit akin to the priory.

The Gerrard effect is most certainly changing attitudes which can only be a huge positive going into this season.

Last edited:

The days of players going of on holiday and drinking and eating what they want and only start on their fitness when they return for pre season are well over.i think all the players are given a fitness schedule for the break and they can top it up if they want to.despite what some seen to think the vast majority of players nowadays are professional athletes

The days of players going of on holiday and drinking and eating what they want and only start on their fitness when they return for pre season are well over.i think all the players are given a fitness schedule for the break and they can top it up if they want to.despite what some seen to think the vast majority of players nowadays are professional athletes

Spot on mate.

In triathlon we would get 2 weeks off after the competition season finished, where we did absolutely nothing, to allow the body to repair and recover.

We'd then do 4 weeks of gentle swimming, cycling, running, gradually increasing the intensity until we were ready to go back into 6 days a week, 3 times a day of pure fuc**n hell right through the winter.

Great fun!!!!

Glad to see the commitment from our players and It shows just how much it means to be ready for the upcoming season, players competing for places in the team will be there throughout which is great. 55 means as much to the squad as it does to us. #55 Lets Go.
Good to see a professional attitude, can't believe it was only a few years ago pre-season was a trip to Nandos!

Back