Murphy away to burton on loan

Teuchterblue

With rumblings within our youth set-up about a lack of pathway to the first team I always thought there would be a mass exodus of senior pros this summer. Looks like summer has come early.

MrMosshead

Hopefully he goes there gets match fit and gets his confidence and sharpness back because if that happens I still think he can be an important part of the squad

Cheshire bear

Feel so sorry for him as he’d got his dream move & an injury on that kak surface robbed him of a years football. All the very best Jamie.

Queens_11

Tbh I think he's a decent option off the bench. He's a proven SPFL player. If we're drawing a game and running out of ideas, I'm not adverse to the idea of Murphy and Stewart being thrown on.

Leaves us with Kent, Ojo, Aribo and Barker as our wide options (not counting Stewart as he's wasted out wide). We'd be as well just holding onto Middleton now unless someone new is being brought in.
Jones? Murphy definitely a better option than barker and ojo though.

MearnsUnionist

As others have said we should be sending Doc and Murphy to top flight teams in Scotland to play against Celtic. Seems utterly pointless unless Burton are picking up his full wage.

Not a chance Murphy is going on loan to a club up here and playing around 30% of his games on plastic pitches.

Loans have to be right for the players.

nelster

All the very best Murph

A genuine ray of hope before his injury

Things move on, but thank you

hms

Bizarre move

Best of luck To him, that fucking pitch is this cause of this and he should be suing the bastards

Portrushbear

Tbh I think he's a decent option off the bench. He's a proven SPFL player. If we're drawing a game and running out of ideas, I'm not adverse to the idea of Murphy and Stewart being thrown on.

Leaves us with Kent, Ojo, Aribo and Barker as our wide options (not counting Stewart as he's wasted out wide). We'd be as well just holding onto Middleton now unless someone new is being brought in.
Is Jones away or something?

To be honest, Stewart probably suits our current system a bit better now that we are much more narrow with Kent and Aribo

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Pre-injury Murphy was better than Ojo, Barker etc.

Clearly post-injury he's struggling to regain form/fitness/sharpness.

Nonsense to suggest he just looked decent under Murty, when he was already involved and looking decent under Gerrard before his injury.
Your right it's almost disrespectful to suggest they are now just pish or not good enough. You see comments like that without any thought of context.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Why do people think that clubs like Motherwell will gladly take our players on loan when they can do just aswell with their own players whilst developing them?

Would rather see both go on permanent deals tbh as what's the point in Doc going on loan again, he'd be better getting a club and cracking on with his career.

Skyy Bluenose

All the best Jamie. Obviously over the moon to sign for the club and started off very well. Hope he can get fit and come back to further live his (and all of our) dream).

BothwellBear

Weird with young kids and a bought house in bearsden as that isn’t commutable in the way a (further) North of England clib would have perhaps been. Love the guy too , sad to see him go.