Murphy away to burton on loan

As others have said we should be sending Doc and Murphy to top flight teams in Scotland to play against Celtic. Seems utterly pointless unless Burton are picking up his full wage.
Scottish clubs would have to ask.

Then the deal would suit Rangers.

Then the final decision would rest with the player.

It's not as straightforward as you make out.

In normal circumstances Jamie Murphy would be too good for the likes of Burton but he needs a run of games to rebuild his confidence and fitness. He’ll be guaranteed game time there so hopefully he does well and gets himself a decent championship club in the summer.

I honestly think even if he does well on loan he’ll be moved on.

Best of luck to him.

Good luck to Murphy, seems.like a top class professional and hope he gets games and his fitness back

Were he plays is not important it's all just about getting minutes on the park.

Wow - what a come down! Playing for the all conquering as a boyhood fan to Burton. Real shame - he was pretty decent for us!

Should have been done in the summer to get him game time but for some reason Gerrard changed his mind and we kept him. Hope he gets down there and finds his fitness levels and form pre-injury as he's a much better option than Jones Barker and Ojo.

I keep hearing that he’s a better option than Barker or Ojo yet the manager clearly doesn’t see it that way. In terms of the way we play with quick wingers and a high press maybe that aspect is beyond Murphy now, a guy who’s 30 and been out for a year with a serious ACL injury.

It’s rare that players ever return from those as good as they were beforehand, and once into your thirties it’s even less likely.

As sad as it is, I never really expected Murphy to feature seriously for us again.

Having said that, he did come on against Ross County I think it was when Gerrard played him more centrally in place of Davis and I thought he looked composed on the ball making me wonder if that position could be an option, but evidently the manager feels differently.

I keep hearing that he’s a better option than Barker or Ojo yet the manager clearly doesn’t see it that way. In terms of the way we play with quick wingers and a high press maybe that aspect is beyond Murphy now, a guy who’s 30 and been out for a year with a serious ACL injury.

It’s rare that players ever return from those as good as they were beforehand, and once into your thirties it’s even less likely.

As sad as it is, I never really expected Murphy to feature seriously for us again.

Having said that, he did come on against Ross County I think it was when Gerrard played him more centrally in place of Davis and I thought he looked composed on the ball making me wonder if that position could be an option, but evidently the manager feels differently.

Its out of his reach the now because he has barely played since his injury. For me the loan spell should have happened in the summer and that was the plan but Gerrard changed his mind and kept him around.

It might well be done for him now because of that injury I do think we're at another Dorrans stage which is a shame but for me a fully fit Jamie Murphy brings assists and more importantly a goal threat from wide something in my opinion Jones and Barker arent capable of doing.

Back