Murphy away to burton on loan

Tbh I think he's a decent option off the bench. He's a proven SPFL player. If we're drawing a game and running out of ideas, I'm not adverse to the idea of Murphy and Stewart being thrown on.

Leaves us with Kent, Ojo, Aribo and Barker as our wide options (not counting Stewart as he's wasted out wide). We'd be as well just holding onto Middleton now unless someone new is being brought in.
Jones? Murphy definitely a better option than barker and ojo though.

As others have said we should be sending Doc and Murphy to top flight teams in Scotland to play against Celtic. Seems utterly pointless unless Burton are picking up his full wage.

Not a chance Murphy is going on loan to a club up here and playing around 30% of his games on plastic pitches.

Loans have to be right for the players.

All the very best Murph

A genuine ray of hope before his injury

Things move on, but thank you

Bizarre move

Best of luck To him, that fucking pitch is this cause of this and he should be suing the bastards

Tbh I think he's a decent option off the bench. He's a proven SPFL player. If we're drawing a game and running out of ideas, I'm not adverse to the idea of Murphy and Stewart being thrown on.

Leaves us with Kent, Ojo, Aribo and Barker as our wide options (not counting Stewart as he's wasted out wide). We'd be as well just holding onto Middleton now unless someone new is being brought in.

Is Jones away or something?

To be honest, Stewart probably suits our current system a bit better now that we are much more narrow with Kent and Aribo

Pre-injury Murphy was better than Ojo, Barker etc.

Clearly post-injury he's struggling to regain form/fitness/sharpness.

Nonsense to suggest he just looked decent under Murty, when he was already involved and looking decent under Gerrard before his injury.
Your right it's almost disrespectful to suggest they are now just pish or not good enough. You see comments like that without any thought of context.

Why do people think that clubs like Motherwell will gladly take our players on loan when they can do just aswell with their own players whilst developing them?

Would rather see both go on permanent deals tbh as what's the point in Doc going on loan again, he'd be better getting a club and cracking on with his career.

All the best Jamie. Obviously over the moon to sign for the club and started off very well. Hope he can get fit and come back to further live his (and all of our) dream).

Weird with young kids and a bought house in bearsden as that isn’t commutable in the way a (further) North of England clib would have perhaps been. Love the guy too , sad to see him go.

He might not want to go to hearts especially if he has other options or hearts may not even want him same applies to Murphy

Can't believe that folk on here think that Doc would want to join the team sitting bottom of our league.

He's trying to progress his career ffs.

6 months to regain his fitness a decent enough move for him then most likely a permanent exit in the summer. Good luck to him.

He'd struggle to get starts for the majority of Championship clubs, so League One is about right in reality.

That goes for most of our "fringe" players.

Let’s hope he shines and plays every game

If he does then we get more cash or he makes his way back into our squad. I hope it’s the latter, seems a crackin lad does Jamie with bags of talent, who is one of our own.

I would have preferred he went to a higher standard of club but good luck to him and hopefully he gets his career back on track.

I would have preferred he went to a higher standard of club but good luck to him and hopefully he gets his career back on track.
It's about getting games. He needs to be starting games every week. He has less chance of this at higher standard clubs in all honesty. At Burton he will play.

Good luck to them both (Murphy & Doc). Although I’d rather they remained in this league at a club who could do damage to the tims, but weaken them against us.

Fair enough about going down south to develop the player, but I don’t see these as “development” loans (from a rangers perspective) as I don’t think either have a future at our club.

Should have been done in the summer to get him game time but for some reason Gerrard changed his mind and we kept him. Hope he gets down there and finds his fitness levels and form pre-injury as he's a much better option than Jones Barker and Ojo.

Last edited:
He's not worth much right now, a 6 month loan playing well his value increases and we get more money.
If its Sunderland I'd hope the loan is with a view to buying as think it would be fair to the lad if he could get a permanent club and get his career back on track instead of going on loan for 6 months then ending back at square one again..

If its Sunderland I'd hope the loan is with a view to buying as think it would be fair to the lad if he could get a permanent club and get his career back on track instead of going on loan for 6 months then ending back at square one again..

They won't buy him if he doesn't perform though, so it's a shop window.

This prob going to sound like mentalist nonsense but I am certain if we didn't lose Murphy so early in our season last year the majority of the loses/draws would have been avoided during the first half of last season and we could have created a nice buffer between us and the rest.

Good luck to him, don't really have a bad word to day about Jamie Murphy. Needs to go make the most of the last few years of his career.

Very best wishes to the good Rangers’ men Murphy and Docherty. Hope they get their careers back on line and, well you never know, they might wear the blue again.

Pre-injury Murphy was better than Ojo, Barker etc.

Clearly post-injury he's struggling to regain form/fitness/sharpness.

Nonsense to suggest he just looked decent under Murty, when he was already involved and looking decent under Gerrard before his injury.

This nails it. Some absolutely ill informed junk on this thread.

Sad to see as I always felt he was a talented player with good skills and smart, let's hope he can do some good and get back to our level .
Whether he plays for us again I doubt it but he's still one of us, a Rangers supporter.

Back