Murrayfield pre-match drinks

PansBear

Official Ticketer
Where are all the bears heading to tomorrow pre-match?

Platform 5 and Dianne's Pool Hall at Haymarket will be rammed so I'm thinking staying of staying at the other side of town (near Waverley Station) and heading across just in time for kick off.

Last edited:
Foxy Fiddler just up from Diane's pool hall is decent - next to Thomson's Bar.
Foxy plenty of seats and TV's etc and reasonable prices for Edinburgh anyway.

Foxy Fiddler just up from Diane's pool hall is decent - next to Thomson's Bar.
Foxy plenty of seats and TV's etc and reasonable prices for Edinburgh anyway.
What time does this place start selling alcohol? I notice it opens at 9am but it this just for food (not that I plan to start drinking at this time :eek:).

Anyone any idea if the murrayfield hotel will be any good? Decent for the rugby (I know) and right side of the ground for us

Are you allowed to drink in the street in Edinburgh or have I made that up?

It is technically illegal to drink in the street in Edinburgh the bylaw is actually there in the books but the council rarely enforce it. However I am sure they’ve enforced in the last few years for one of our games against Hibs or Hearts.

If folk are struggling you could always get the low level train through and get off at Edinburgh Park for a few in the Premier Inn or Novotel. They'll both be quiet and it's only a few tram stops to Murrayfield from there.

Anyone any idea if the murrayfield hotel will be any good? Decent for the rugby (I know) and right side of the ground for us
This is where we are going. Selling drink from 9am.

Platform 5 is cheap, but is primarily full of jambos, so I’d probably stay away from it.

Pubs along near Murrayfield will be the best ones for us imo.

This is where we are going. Selling drink from 9am.

Platform 5 is cheap, but is primarily full of jambos, so I’d probably stay away from it.

Pubs along near Murrayfield will be the best ones for us imo.

Some Hearts fans saying they are avoiding Platform 5 as they expect us to take it over, with it being at the station.

Back