Murty Assistant ?

WalterSmith72

If Murty does not get the job full time (Which I dont think he will) would he be the perfect man to be assistant ?? seems to have a great relationship with the players and likes to bring through the youth

Yet again, he's doing a terrific job at Development squad level which might be his forte and to our greater benefit.

I doubt he'll be the new man's assistant. He certainly has ambitions though.
Agree completely.

Yet again, he's doing a terrific job at Development squad level which might be his forte and to our greater benefit.

I doubt he'll be the new man's assistant. He certainly has ambitions though.
I thought this too but his self belief seems to be growing game by game, I think his role as assistant could really benefit the young lads coming through as a transition, and really help his own managerial development. Full time job too much for him just now so assistant could be the natural step

You'd imagine that the new man would want to bring his own team in, including an assistant so it's unlikely.

Why don't we just let him go back to the job that he was doing, and clearly doing very well in and let the new manager pick his own assistant who he trusts??

If the new gaffer picked him as his assistant, I don’t think many would have a problem with it. I think he’ll go back to his own role, which is also a good thing for the club.

If the new gaffer picked him as his assistant, I don’t think many would have a problem with it. I think he’ll go back to his own role, which is also a good thing for the club.
True mate, win win whatever, hes a great addition to the backroom staff hope hes there for many years

Why do people think Murty is the answer It's totally underwhelming to say the least , the guy is a youth coach that's his level , when you look at how he's allowed the 4 rhat's back into the club and more or lesss one of them is picking the team you should be alarmed to say the very least . This is The Rangers it's time we started acting like The Rangers again

This is Rangers appointing a youth coach with no Managerial experience will see us fall further and further back.
Even in the short term it's a bad idea.

This is Rangers appointing a youth coach with no Managerial experience will see us fall further and further back.
Even in the short term it's a bad idea.
I'm in the 'give it to Murty camp' but I'm interested in hearing why giving it to a guy who had done reasonably well thus far will see us move further back especially considering what Pedro had 'achieved'.

Murty is a safe pair of hands in the short term and in light of no outstanding candidate becoming available, then it is a no brainer to me. Murty knows the players, is cheap (i.e no compo) and has carried himself very well considering where Pedro left us.

Take care of Hamilton, take us to the Dolly double header - all going well, appoint to the end of the season.

I'm in the 'give it to Murty camp' but I'm interested in hearing why giving it to a guy who had done reasonably well thus far will see us move further back especially considering what Pedro had 'achieved'.

Murty is a safe pair of hands in the short term and in light of no outstanding candidate becoming available, then it is a no brainer to me. Murty knows the players, is cheap (i.e no compo) and has carried himself very well considering where Pedro left us.

Take care of Hamilton, take us to the Dolly double header - all going well, appoint to the end of the season.
No no no that will seal 10 in a row !!
We need to think big and long term we need the right man not a youth coach , it's aweful how low our supports expections have become thanks to SDM

No no no that will seal 10 in a row !!
We need to think big and long term we need the right man not a youth coach , it's aweful how low our supports expections have become thanks to SDM

No it's not, it's amazing how lofty some ambitions are despite where we are at present. Think big despite losing £6m last year?

We are not going to beat Celtic by outspending them, we need to box clever and I'll trust Murty with this group of players and his knowledge of how the Club is run over 99% of the names mentioned thus far.

If Murty does not get the job full time (Which I dont think he will) would he be the perfect man to be assistant ?? seems to have a great relationship with the players and likes to bring through the youth

need a baw buster in beside him, John Brown Jimmy Nicholl type who could playbad cop to Graham's good and to have Murty's back with the press. But can't see Murty being made full time boss.

I've been following the betting for next manager on Oddschecker,

Since this morning Graeme's price has collapsed and one bookie (BetVictor) has him 5/4 jt fav with McInnes.

No it's not, it's amazing how lofty some ambitions are despite where we are at present. Think big despite losing £6m last year?

We are not going to beat Celtic by outspending them, we need to box clever and I'll trust Murty with this group of players and his knowledge of how the Club is run over 99% of the names mentioned thus far.
Who mentioned our spending ?
We need a name and a leader not a youth coach who can't even pick his own team .

Aye, laugh at absolutely anything and everything. Especially when seen as being not even remotely amusing to most.

Or I'm a sarcastic prick. You choose.
I hit like ya loonie, you don’t have exclusive rights to being sarcastic. :D

I would like to think Graeme Murty is part of Rangers long term future guiding the lads through into the first team then a few years down the line as more progress he would be the ideal assistant manager to work with them.

Progression for him if he would want it and if all goes well, maybe become manager further down the line again.

He's too valuable to let go from the club now, just my opinion.

I would keep him in his role with the youngsters. This is a critical pathway to having a sustainable financial position with a steady conveyor belt of homegrown talent breaking into the first team.

Wouldn’t want him to be associated with a failure if the manager he worked for never worked out.

Far better to keep him for his great work with our youth system.

I think having a good guy in charge of the development squad and being able to prepare players for promotion to the first team is actually a lot more valuable than an assistant manager.

If he can produce a Ross McCrorie every season for the first team, he'd be worth millions to us.

I really like the job he's doing with the development squad, but one day he is going to make a step up, hopefully not being pushed too soon as the next manager

Back