Murty is a mini Warburton

Delboy79

Am I alone in thinking this? Listen to his pre & post match interviews, it’s so obvious. He was appointed by Warburton because he obviously bought into the same approach. He uses all the same buzz words, sounds like he has swallowed a modern coaching manual and repeats the same old rubbish after every defeat. It feels like we are still watching Warburtons Rangers where we can’t control a game of football against bottom 6 sides. He should never have been allowed anywhere near the managers dugout.

Warburton was also a man who had success at youth levels, it's not surprising - they share a lot of weaknesses and can't get to grips with the differences of first team management.

Am I alone in thinking this? Listen to his pre & post match interviews, it’s so obvious. He was appointed by Warburton because he obviously bought into the same approach. He uses all the same buzz words, sounds like he has swallowed a modern coaching manual and repeats the same old rubbish after every defeat. It feels like we are still watching Warburtons Rangers where we can’t control a game of football against bottom 6 sides. He should never have been allowed anywhere near the managers dugout.

Leave off the slagging of Murty.
Only the board think he's a Rangers manager.
Take out your ire on those fecking idiots, not Murty.

Murty is far better than Warbuton

Murty is far from a Rangers manager

This is true mate.
They have put an honest decent guy in an impossible situation to try and cover for their own failings.

I think the biggest condemnation of Murty is that he couldn’t see that changes were required today. These Killie goals were coming for all of the second half and he did nothing although there was plenty of warning. Like others have said he’s similar to Warburton in that there’s no plan B.

The tactics today were shocking. You can’t play long balls all day to a small striker. The midfield was week and defence was appalling. Wes must be crapping himself having to play behind these guys ever week. His refusal in particular to use Cardoso is a strange one given that Bates and Wilson are awful.

I don't see it. We were all very excited in the first 12 months of Warburton. Most of the time playing nice football. Trouble is teams learned to neutralise us and we were both not good enough and lacking a plan b to overcome that.

Murty doesn't even have a plan, not his fault but he's not a manager.

He's serving a purpose though. We will all now pick apart his glaring faults while Robertson sits behind the scenes grinning away while he picks up his £250k salary.

He took the job when it was offered so he has to take criticism when it’s clearmy due. He could see 1st hand how we failed under Warburton and has come in and repeated the same mistakes. The board are ultimately accountable, but when most of the support can’t fathom his selection and strategy then we have a problem and Murty is responsible as well.

I totally agree as soon as I heard him say I like a passing game I knew at Ibrox teams would sit in and we could go from side to side and never penetrate them as you say the pan loaf brought him in so that's what to expect.

Murty and Mulholland are very good recruits for that level and I’m proud to have them.

We need that sort of quality mirrored in the first team, not literally promoting them. The worry is we lose Murty entirely when this inevitably goes tits up.

Murty is far better than Warbuton

Murty is far from a Rangers manager
Murty is shocking and should never have been offered the role and he shouldnt have taken it either as he is way out of his depths and we the supporters are suffering as usual!

He took the job when it was offered so he has to take criticism when it’s clearmy due. He could see 1st hand how we failed under Warburton and has come in and repeated the same mistakes. The board are ultimately accountable, but when most of the support can’t fathom his selection and strategy then we have a problem and Murty is responsible as well.

I don't agree.

Sure he is well out of his depth but he was put in an impossible position by a board who are clearly out of THEIR collective depth.
The poor guy was backed into a corner due to the board's incompetence.

What would have happened if he had knocked it back?

Another thing, you have to wonder if he'll still have a role at the club if the board ever do get their act together and get a real manager in.

His lack of ability/willingness to change the system or personnel during that game was genuinely mind blowing.

dont you think that our so called professional football players know the man is in over his head .their lack of professionalism is a disgrace to the jersey .

Murty is an under 20s development coach .

That was his job until this board decided he was good enough to take over as club manager.

Just digest that ,he has not even been a full time assistant at a club yet is deemed capable of doing the top job with us.

I know where my finger is pointing and it ain't at Murty.

Murty is going through his managerial apprenticeship, Warburton was supposed to be the finished article, the real deal? i would still rather have Murty thank you.

The OP makes a good point.

The board were quick to get rid of Warburton, for a lot of reasons but one major reason was that the signings he made, (wage wise) were expensive duds, and they felt there was no value for money down south, ie one of the main reasons they sounded out Pedro.

They now appoint a manager who was appointed by a man they admitted in hindsight wasn't up to the task and are essentially buying into the same philosophy of Mark Warburton, looking down south for players who are out of favour at Brighton, Cardiff, etc, one step toward two back. We thought we'd get better value abroad, hasn't worked up til now. We're back to square one, back to the MW way of thinking.

Complete farce. Manager with absolutely zero experience in full time management, DOF with zero experience in appointing a manager or overseeing the signings of first team professionals, and most of all a board with zero experience in making decisions that impact a club the size of ours.

Murty is trying to do a job with the duds that Warburton and Pedro bought. He's doing not too bad considering the dross he has at his disposal.The blame definitely lies elsewhere.Get behind him.

While I am not enamoured by GM being appointed 1st team coach I believe he personally deserves to be cut a little bit of slack. He’s essentially out under 20’s coach. In that position he was doing a great job by all accounts .
Through no fault of his own he has been thrust into one of the most high pressure jobs in British football at a time when the pressure is probably greater than it has been on my lifetime .
It’s the harshest learning curve he is on . I hope Walter can assist in a limited way from the background but this is not Murty’s making. If you wish to lambast him I’d suggest you direct it towards the board who have made a real pigs ear of appointing a full time manager.

Murty is nowhere near the level of a mini Warburton.

More at the level of a mini Ally.

How Murty got this gig after the Dundee interview is beyond me.

Murty is trying to do a job with the duds that Warburton and Pedro bought. He's doing not too bad considering the dross he has at his disposal.The blame definitely lies elsewhere.Get behind him.

He should have known that he wasnt up to the job and turned in down because its blatantly obvious the job is too big for him.

While I am not enamoured by GM being appointed 1st team coach I believe he personally deserves to be cut a little bit of slack. He’s essentially out under 20’s coach. In that position he was doing a great job by all accounts .
Through no fault of his own he has been thrust into one of the most high pressure jobs in British football at a time when the pressure is probably greater than it has been on my lifetime .
It’s the harshest learning curve he is on . I hope Walter can assist in a limited way from the background but this is not Murty’s making. If you wish to lambast him I’d suggest you direct it towards the board who have made a real pigs ear of appointing a full time manager.

sorry but that is just nonsense! " through no fault of his own!, He could have accepted he wasnt good enough for the role instead of taking it and played at being our manager as we are the ones suffering here!

He should have known that he wasnt up to the job and turned in down because its blatantly obvious the job is too big for him.

What's the point of having a go at Murty? He quite simply should never have been put in a position to say yes or no.

What's the point of having a go at Murty? He quite simply should never have been put in a position to say yes or no.
He should also know his own limitations and known that he isnt good enough to be the manager. He could have forced the board in to doing the right thing and appointing a real manager and not someone playing at being our boss!

He is simply not good enough but rather than him identifying this surely the dOF should have. That is his job. This would have been sanctioned by the incompetent Robertson. I say sack them both and put Murty back with the youngsters. We could do worse than McCann with Walter overseeing.

sorry but that is just nonsense! " through no fault of his own!, He could have accepted he wasnt good enough for the role instead of taking it and played at being our manager as we are the ones suffering here!

Agree to disagree on this point. There isn’t exactly a queue of decent managers that are within our grasp given the current turmoil our club finds itself in. If there was we wouldn’t be in this predicament .

Murty is not my choice as manager and its clear the board have written this season off. Blame the board for offering GM the managers position not GM. You expect him to turn down a massive pay rise and the prestige of managing Rangers ?

I’m sure there has been several approaches made through agents and plenty thanks but no thanks from managers who won’t take us on as we are. given our budget and salary available .

What other option is there but to get behind GM? Perhaps the only option available to the club at this moment.

I read on another thread that Murtys team in the u20s finished 6th in their league. 6th. Let that sink in. Apart from Mcrorie who else has he brought through that looks like a player. the guy should be now here near the club let alone the managers office. you'd weep if you didn' laugh. it's unbelievable. And he won' last long. The pressure will get to him and the media will hound him.

I think part of the issue is a lot of the players have never really got over Warburton either as most of them totally bought into the cult of his personality, and the playing philosophy that came with it.

Back