Murty Not Dropping Docherty

Bates Baby

Pleasantly surprised by this.. be honest who else thought Holt was going straight back into the starting 11 after his suspension? Murty to his credit stuck with Docherty & it paid off big time today so well done for that.

Still think he's leaving it too late to make subs however & bringing off the wrong players.. but probably a debate for another thread!

Pleasantly surprised by this.. be honest who else thought Holt was going straight back into the starting 11 after his suspension? Murty to his credit stuck with Docherty & it paid off big time today so well done for that.

Still think he's leaving it too late to make subs however & bringing off the wrong players.. but probably a debate for another thread!

He said post match along the lines wont make change to appease fans - believes lettting those starting to do their job.

Let’s be honest they all played well today apart from Windass who was pretty poor.

He was definitely the only one who struggled for pass marks, but he was involved in the game (got to be there to miss those chances), he put Naismith on his arse and that free kick at the end just before the goal was superb, great save from keeper.

In short, let's keep the positivity going a little longer.......;)

The issue will be is once McCrorie / Jack / Dorrans come back who drops out.
I would go with youth looking at that. Neither McCrorie or Jack will let you down.

That is not a slight on Dorrans but the youngsters are doing better than fine. I would supplement youth with experience only when required.

We have a team of young Rangers fans and the place is buzzing, fark it, lets go with it and see where we end up.

The doc played first class today long may it continue, this young guy is the find of the season for the club, I am talking about the way we went about scouting and assessing him and moving in for him in the January window, a few weeks later he is running our midfield and is improving with better players around him.

Credit where it is due as I was expecting Hearts to copy Hibs blue print but we where excellent from the first whistle. Docherty was huge and excelllent from start until he was subbed. Great decision from Murty.

Been very vocal about how I don’t want Murty beyond this season but you have to give credit where it’s due.

He’s shown a bit of backbone and hasn’t allowed Miller to swan back in either.
And yet in the reverse fixture Murty was being accused of letting Miller pick the team.

I agree with you.

The issue will be is once McCrorie / Jack / Dorrans come back who drops out.
Be able to rotate the squad a bit more, which decreases the chance of injuries & suspensions and have double the strength for big games. Bring on the Tims :D

Holt will struggle to get that place back - can see him being in the same position he was today (coming on as a sub) for a fair chunk of whats left of the season

Docherty looked like he was struggling with a niggle before he went off. Looked like he was stretching his calf before the substitution. Hopefully nothing serious and he's back in the starting 11 next Sunday but I expect Holt to replace him in the starting 11 on Tuesday.

I think Murty subbed him for the standing ovation her knee he would receive.

To reinforce his wise management decision and remind the support that they don't manage the team....

.... Thank Fúck!

:)

Credit where it is due as I was expecting Hearts to copy Hibs blue print but we where excellent from the first whistle. Docherty was huge and excelllent from start until he was subbed. Great decision from Murty.
It's fecking were.

Windass didn’t play bad mate his movement off the ball was superb especially in the first half where he was made load of room which allowed John and Docherty free runs into the box.

That's the most sensible post on the the thread about JW, especially as it's supposed be about GM not dropping Docherty

Back