Murty now 2nd Fav, McInnes floating back towards evens.

CupidStunt

I check oddschecker daily and just seen this - interesting times.

Bit of it could be that they'll pay out on Murty even without becoming manager if he hits 10 games - and maybe people close to him know it's him til Christmas so have lumped a few?

If players are reporting back that they're responding to him and we keep winning matches then it won't surprise me if he gets the season.

Very risky though, as 1st dropped points and the board cop it, even though points could be dropped with any appointment.

I think it reflects growing feeling that Murty will get the job partly because there is no genuinely outstanding candidate

Could of course be the bookies shortening with every passing week so if he does hit the 10 games, they're not paying out 5/6/7s

Frustration has begun to set in. Weren't we told that it was the DoFs remit to have succession plans in place for both staff & players at all times? Looks like that was a load of shite, considering the statement we put out and the length of time this is taking. The board/Allen must've known for weeks that Pedro was on the thinnest of thin ice.

I think it's now got to the stage where we can forget about any decent name and we'll be completely underwhelmed as a support. The season isn't over, but the speed in which the board are 'dealing' with this, suggests that they may as well be chucking it.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

Frustration has begun to set in. Weren't we told that it was the DoFs remit to have succession plans in place for both staff & players at all times? Looks like that was a load of shite, considering the statement we put out and the length of time this is taking. The board/Allen must've known for weeks that Pedro was on the thinnest of thin ice.

I think it's now got to the stage where we can forget about any decent name and we'll be completely underwhelmed as a support. The season isn't over, but the speed in which the board are 'dealing' with this, suggests that they may as well be chucking it.

I hope I'm proven wrong.
It’s very hard not to reach this conclusion. One thing that is not for debate is that there were zero plans when Pedro went. They obviously hoped he would come good and dig them out a hole, of their making.

pardew has seemingly bought a £1.2m mansion in Kilmacolm, Mrs text me to say is was leaked in her work which will remain anonymous for obvious reasons, she doesn’t like football or anything infact doesn’t really bother with it but text me 20 mins ago to say, now it might be a lot of tosh but I’ll chuck it out there.

Take of it what you will defo not ITK so don’t shoot the messenger.

No harm to Murty, he has stepped up and done very well, but to avoid hiring a new gaffer when we can actually still achieve something this season isn't a good idea.

Totally,I have the utmost respect for murty and he has done a decent job and the players have responded really well but it's not his neish,we need a long term fix in place and he's not it right now.

pardew has seemingly bought a £1.2m mansion in Kilmacolm, Mrs text me to say is was leaked in her work which will remain anonymous for obvious reasons, she doesn’t like football or anything infact doesn’t really bother with it but text me 20 mins ago to say, now it might be a lot of tosh but I’ll chuck it out there.

Your Mrs got a history of being at the wind up?

Please tell me she does... :eek:

Your Mrs got a history of being at the wind up?

Please tell me she does... :eek:

Nope she’s literally no interest in football don’t get me wrong favours us but that’s about it, as I said no reason why she’d say it as she doesn’t really take any notice apart from knowing I’m right into it.

16/1 with sky bet

He’ll be the first manager to buy a house before being announced I’ve heard of.
Most buy a flat and maintain their main residence elsewhere.

After the money wasted on bringing Pedro in and then getting him out, I think it's very unlikely we can afford big money to bring in a new manager. I fully expect Murty to be given until the end of the season and I'm quite happy with that.

Just means some numpty put a few bob on him I fully expect him not to be considered and back with the youths pretty sharpish

He’ll be the first manager to buy a house before being announced I’ve heard of.
Most buy a flat and maintain their main residence elsewhere.

Like I said not claiming ITK just passing on from what the Mrs txt me to say, and if you read my posts she’s not really interested in football and doesn’t really have any reason to come out with it.

Even if Pardew had been told the jobs his he wouldn’t have bought a pad like that anyway. Managers who have to move any distance for a new job rent a a gaff. Start thinking before posting this stuff.

Like I said not claiming ITK just passing on from what the Mrs txt me to say, and if you read my posts she’s not really interested in football and doesn’t really have any reason to come out with it.
Not criticising mate just pointing out it may be nothing to do with us.

The odds will shorten as after so many games, even as interim manager, the bookies have to treat him for betting purposes as 'the new manager'

I can't recall how many games, 10 springs to mind but I could be wrong.

The bookies odds will reflect the right guy eventually but up til now, they've been all over the place. Shows how relatively small wagers can affect these markets.

Gio 33's into 4's
Pardew 28's into 4's to 20's again

Etc.

These odds are driven by the volume of bets placed rather than likelihood that it’ll happen - although the two may dovetail.

Murty has done a great job of holding the fort, but there’s an analogy to be drawn with Shakespeare (sp?) at Leicester.

He knows the immediate problems in front of him, he’s observed them over a period of time with the luxury of not being responsible for sorting them.

So he goes in and does the simple things that are obvious and frees up the players from any imposed doctrine that they may be objectionable to. And that’s great for a time …

Then he tries to engage his own vision and/or tensions arise with players. And the press dig in. Same problems happen and he’s not got the experience to deal with it.

Not a realistic option in my opinion, but he’s done a great temporary job.

Pardew will not be Rangers manager, he is very friendly with Mike Ashley, that alone rules him out.

So whether he has bought a gaff in Kilmacolm or not, he aint bossing the Rangers.

The only thing dafter than betting on potential football managers is believing the odds on them actually mean anything.

Yes we would all like a manager confirmed but after where we have been and how warburton and pedro ended. it is important that this appointment works long term and although we will get behind whoever gets job, is anyone as excited about the supposed shortlist as they were when Souness walked in.

Screams that we are fucking skint if he gets the job until the end of the season.

Also that the board aren't fit for purpose.

How can we be skint if we have just terminated a contract in a knee jerk reaction? There will be compensation required for that.

Pantie wetting central on here! A bookie cuts their odds. Maybe a manager bought a house. As yet, there has been no announcement. Let's just wait and see before lighting the torches, sharpening the pitchforks and shouting, 'to the castle!'

Even if Pardew had been told the jobs his he wouldn’t have bought a pad like that anyway. Managers who have to move any distance for a new job rent a a gaff. Start thinking before posting this stuff.

Think before i post Who you talking to you clown I’m posting what I heard nothing else like I said take it or fûckin leave it never once claimed it’s true.

I'm not losing my mind based on the bookies, but the fact it wouldn't surprise me if our board went through with something like this is cause for concern.

If Murty lost a few games the pressure on the board will be unbearable.

Would Murty be a candidate if he wasn't already employed as a youth coach?

No, he wouldn't. Humble, likable guy, good at his job but has zero qualifications to be the Rangers manager past a caretaker period.

Back