Murty on Morelos - it would take "a big barrowload of cash" to sign him

True Blue Avenger

Really liked this quote from Murty last night in response to Morelos speculation.

"Unless someone walks in with a barrowload of cash - and a big barrowload - he will be a Rangers player".

Went on to say he can understand players being attracted to EPL for financial reasons and could set up their families for life in one move but his goal is always to improve players and make Rangers better.

All fair enough tbh and love the fact he's talking up out players values - about time! It's inevitable that Morelos will go at some point (hopefully not for at least another year or two) but sends a clear message to any clubs sniffing about just now not to waste our time with shitty 2 / 3 mil bids. With the potential he has, we should be considering no less than 5 mil as a starting point and pretty sure thst figure will only continue to rise.

Murty just impresses more and more as he gets used to the job. Really hope he can keep it going and nail down job longer term.

If he played for the Mhanks the mhedia would have a ridiculous amount of 000s after the triple digit at the front, they would probably need a double page to fit them in. We should value him at £10 m +

If he played for the Mhanks the mhedia would have a ridiculous amount of 000s after the triple digit at the front, they would probably need a double page to fit them in. We should value him at £10 m +
15 if he finishes the season as strongly as he's started it.

Remember we’ll need to give JJ a healthy bung as a finders fee :D

Looking forward to his next recommendation.

Yes!

It’s about time we started playing the game. Talk him up, put a big price tag on his head. Sure the scum media won’t play along but we can at least do our bit to talk up our star players.

Great answer from Murty.

It’s vitally important that we get our best players tied down on long-term contracts and start utilising the media more when talking up player valuations. The Tims have been doing this for years and it seems we are now only just wakening up to it. New deals for Tavernier, Foderingham, Windass and Morelos have to be a priority.

Quite right.

It should take a mountain of cash to move him out of his contract.

I am delighted we are talking up our players values. For far too long we've let others talk down our players, but the bottom line is that Morelos is the league's top scorer. You want him, pay for him.

Pleased that we are finally starting to talk up our players and deter and insultingly low bids from emerging. I feel he is probably worth around 5 to 7 million at this point but that holding on to him will realise a figure of between 10 and 15 million, especially if he performs well in Europe.
I would rather he stayed with us but the reality of the EPL and the wages they pay makes it impossible to hold onto players in the long term.

Remember we’ll need to give JJ a healthy bung as a finders fee :D

Looking forward to his next recommendation.
Personally I would put JJ out as our Scandinavian scout as he knows what type of player we are wanting and looking for and also that is the market where I think we could possibly get a right good return on.

Morelos was raging when he came off!
He got some round of applause considering he missed a couple of chances to kill the game off.

He is an outstanding young talent but he has a long way to go until he's at PL Level.

I’m under no illusions that we’ll do extremely well to hold onto him for another season.

If an EPL side pony up a decent wedge in the summer, I could see both player and club agreeing to it.

However, he’ll be here until then at least, and every goal he scores from now until that time will push his fee up further.

I think that’s probably the reality of it, then we repeat.

I keep forgetting he's still only 21, when you think of the way the press build up the "wonderkid" across the City who's the same age, Morelos' goals ratio compares very well albeit at a slightly lower level in Finland especially.

If someone wanted him now, £12m
If he finishes the season like he’s started it, £18m

We are in no rush to sell and rightly so, if crazy money comes in then he goes though. That’s the model we need to work by

I think we should add a million on to his price tag with every goal he scores.

Bidding starts at £11million.

As they correctly pointed out on the recent Heart and hand pod, it is right that we start to talk up our players and stop being a soft touch in the transfer market.

45 million of these

C6uU32YWwAARq2e.jpg

Some “ovation “when the young fella came off last night!yeah his stock is growing against the dumbelle fella at the “piggery “,who is in free fall,but we don’t want to talk about him says st.brenda

100% agree with Murty, It's time we started looking after ourselves and being tough negotiators when selling players. That said, I'm hoping we get another 18 months or so from Morelos before we lose him as strikers of his quality for £1m aren't easy to find.

He will make us a lot of money I'm sure not time, but he is nowhere near ready for the big league down South.

He has to stay with us, for at least another full season, rattle in a bucket load of goals, help us win the league and then he can go :p

Back