Murty on Sky: more business in and out

Maybe it was just how I read it, he seemed in a slight snud at the idea of us bringing in more players.

I also agree we will see more departures.

If we had Herrera, Pena, Krankjar, MOH, Dodoo, Forrester off the wage bill there'd literally be no impact on the side or squad.

If we sold Cardoso/Alves, maybe Halliday then there would be negligible impact.

Murty has done a decent job in rectifying Pedro's one transfer window.

Last edited:
Left sided defender most likely to be in.

Dunno who- just looking at Scotland squad Liam Cooper of Leeds looks the only one that would fit the bill. Prob cost too much.

Hopefully Wilson goes soon and Murty can weigh up what he's working with.

His namesake from the under-20's should be adequate cover until Alves is back.

If we had Herrera, Pena, Krankjar, MOH, Dodoo, Forrester off the wage bill we'd literally be no impact on the side or squad.

If we sold Cardoso/Alves, maybe Halliday then there would be negligible impact.

Murty has done a decent job in rectifying Pedro's one transfer window.

Halliday is exactly the type of player that Murty wants in his team,can't see him being moved on.

When Alves is fit, will he come straight into starting 11.?... I would say no... I think Bates and Martin are working well together so he would have to settle for a place on the bench until the time comes to change it .. If that's Murty's thoughts also, I can't see Bruno hanging around especially with a World Cup coming up.

Left sided defender most likely to be in.

Dunno who- just looking at Scotland squad Liam Cooper of Leeds looks the only one that would fit the bill. Prob cost too much.
There is a Scandinavian defender with Brentford apparently out of contract at the end of the season may be him we are looking at.

Boyd’s immediate reaction was to say it will all be players leaving.

He is a bit of a bitter bastard nowadays isn’t he.

He said it will mostly be players going out, then said Rangers have already brought the players they need in

As much as Boyd has become a prick these days he didn’t actually say that.
What he did say was that he expected more to be going out than coming in.
He’s right isn’t he?

When Alves is fit, will he come straight into starting 11.?... I would say no... I think Bates and Martin are working well together so he would have to settle for a place on the bench until the time comes to change it .. If that's Murty's thoughts also, I can't see Bruno hanging around especially with a World Cup coming up.
Alves when fit will be straight back in.
He is easily the best centre-back at the club.
I don't even think there is a debate to be had here.

If I had to guess I would say O'Halloran, Dodoo and possibly Herrera out and in on loan a CB and Jones but most likely to only get one of them.

Fu,ck me. Then we'd have a Declan, a Liam, a Sean and a Murphy. Wtf is going on at Rangers these days:mad::p:D
We also have an Aiden and a Docherty. :D

Mind you the Filth won their EC with a team that read like a Protestant BB class, Their first names went Ronnie, Jim, Tommy, Bobby, Billy, John, Jimmy, Steve, Willie, Bertie, Bobby.
Even their surnames were all Scottish Prod ones!

I think we need cover for Candeias - can't think who would come in for him now if he gets a knock, given our shape and style of play.

Tav as well as Hodson is way below the standard required, even as cover.

The SFA should be reigning this fat waster in. Still playing professionally in the same league all he ever does is talk about us.

Surely on some level that’s bringing the game into disrepute?

If we could get Kranjcar, Alves, O'Halloran and Herrera off the wage bill, the board would have worked miracles.

Aware Kranjcar unlikely unless it's to join the legends circuit!

Exactly how I took it as well, don’t even think he mentioned any ins.

Some people still have the blinkers on about “Boydy”.

We tbh, Bates should only be a 4th choice back up at best.

Total nonsense, this lad's rise has been pretty meteoric, he's improved dramatically this season and been close to MOTM in most of our recent matches against the top sides.

We should be getting his signed up as very much part of the first team squad. I don't get why so many seem to have something against him?

The SFA should be reigning this fat waster in. Still playing professionally in the same league all he ever does is talk about us.

Surely on some level that’s bringing the game into disrepute?

He's allowed his opinion. We can't go around censoring folk because they're still playing. That's possibly the most ridiculous comment I've ever read.

calling him a fat waster is out of order too.

Back