Murty on Sky: more business in and out

All about finding out what position in the team we need to strengthen next judging by our performances against Aberdeen and Ross County yesterday with all the new players. Does 4-2-3-1 work? Should we play Morelos and Cummings upfront? (Yes.) Drop Windass and go 4-4-2 or just replace Windass with another CAM who can actually create and assists the strikers and wingers? Questions to be answered.

All about finding out what position in the team we need to strengthen next juding by our performances against Aberdeen and Ross County yesterday with all the new players. Does 4-2-3-1 work? Should we play Morelos and Cummings upfront? Drop Windass and go 4-4-2 or just replace Windass with another CAM who can actually create and assists the strikers and wingers? Questions to be answered.

We need another creative player either a 10 or a wide player that would be a good end to the window.

We need another creative player either a 10 or a wide player that would be a good end to the window.

Something that gets on my goat mate is 'cover'. Surely the current first team players should be seen as cover for better players coming in, thats how we improve as a club. If we're going for a new CAM I would hope we splash the cash for whoever it is and would be sniffing around the English Championship or lower end Premier League (for teams who might get relegated) so we can pounce.

with wilson away i would expect murty to try and get anothe CB although if we keep bruno and still have bates mcrorie martin and cardoso there then i may be very very wrong but just a gut feeling i have that we will try and bring another CB in

does anyone know if we got any money for wilson btw?? didnt hear anything about that

Something that gets on my goat mate is 'cover'. Surely the current first team players should be seen as cover for better players coming in, thats how we improve as a club. If we're going for a new CAM I would hope we splash the cash for whoever it is and would be sniffing around the English Championship or lower end Premier League (for teams who might get relegated) so we can pounce.

We need to get the squad sorted then make 2-3 quality signings a season not 8-10 as it isnt good to have such a high turn over.

with wilson away i would expect murty to try and get anothe CB although if we keep bruno and still have bates mcrorie martin and cardoso there then i may be very very wrong but just a gut feeling i have that we will try and bring another CB in

does anyone know if we got any money for wilson btw?? didnt hear anything about that

The fee quoted was 400,000 usd but he's still waiting on a Visa.

We tbh, Bates should only be a 4th choice back up at best.
I think Bates has proved me wrong and has shown he can do a job even in the big games.
We still have Martin, Aiden Wilson and McCrorie can play there too. Since Wilson has gone and McCrorie and Alves are injured, we’re a bit thin at centre back short term. If Alves is earmarked for leaving then we’ll need another centre back

All about finding out what position in the team we need to strengthen next judging by our performances against Aberdeen and Ross County yesterday with all the new players. Does 4-2-3-1 work? Should we play Morelos and Cummings upfront? (Yes.) Drop Windass and go 4-4-2 or just replace Windass with another CAM who can actually create and assists the strikers and wingers? Questions to be answered.

Given our acquisitions already, I'd be surprised if we were to buy a first team player to play in front of Murphy, Candeias or Windass/Docherty. And I wouldn't see a point in buying a squad player for those positions as it would largely be a waste of cash. better to wait to summer and spend bigger on an upgrade for the first team with the player they replace dropping to the bench.

I could see the value in the rumoured left side's defender if they can cover both centre back and wing back. But otherwise would be surprised to see more recruits this window.

We need to get the squad sorted then make 2-3 quality signings a season not 8-10 as it isnt good to have such a high turn over.

Exactly! Not just signing players to make up numbers but a few from England or Europe who can win us the league! Celtic signed that young Frenchman Ntcham and he actually looks a player. £4.5 million mind. We'd obviously be looking at maybe £1.5-£2.5 for thee quality players who can win us games, CAM who can create looks priority, can't have on off performances everyweek.

Exactly! Not just signing players to make up numbers but a few from England or Europe who can win us the league! Celtic signed that young Frenchman Ntcham and he actually looks a player. £4.5 million mind. We'd obviously be looking at maybe £1.5-£2.5 for thee quality players who can win us games, CAM who can create looks priority, can't have on off performances everyweek.

I wouldn't believe the Dembele Dollars the probably 2.5-3 at the most for him.
Yes its consistent performers we need but Murphy is Decent as a #10 as well

I would expect us to let a couple more players go and be interesting to see if we are looking to bring anyone else in. Not sure who else would go though - doesn't really make sense to get O'Halloran back only to sell him unless we've had formal interest from someone else. I can see Alves being moved on if we can find someone to take him but that would mean we'd absolutely need another central defender coming in.

Herrera moving on would probably be best for both parties but not sure if anyone is even interested in taking him. Perhaps a couple of the younger players going out on loan as well.

Oh yeah, and Candeias to Celtic of course.

Still would like Jones as long as we don't pay over the top. Good player to bring on when Murphy or Candeias get knackered etc. Can see us sibmitting 1 more bid to test Kilmarnock.

I think we’ll have to try some formations out to see what works and what doesn’t. We can always change it at half-time. Very interested to see how dropping Windass and playing both Morelos and Cummings up front with Docherty instead of Holt. Maybe we’ll see this on Wednesday.
Re talk of signing a creative CAM - with limited funds, I could think of no one better than Hyndman if we could get him though this may not be a priority at this stage in our rebuild and we do still have Jack, Dorrans and possibly Rossiter to return from injury. So going for this type of player may be too much of a luxury for the moment.
Re another wide player Jordan Jones may be worth a gamble if the price can be increased only very slightly and we can offload MOH.Pace is such an important part of a wide player’s game nowadays though not the only thing ( see MOH !). Allen/Murty must fancy him though to some degree else an offer wouldn’t have been submitted.
If Alves is for the off we’ll need another CB
Hopefully the deadwood can be shed before the window shuts.
I would expect one or more of the above though likely not all to happen before Wednesday night.

Would be happy now with almost all dealings meaning players leaving.

But only the likes of Herrera Hodson O’ Halloran and even Alves.

If we can get one in … then fair enough but keep the cash for the summer to tie down Cummings Martin and hopefully make an offer for Goss.

Now that would be a great ‘window’

If possible, a left footed version of Candeias and a fairly experienced centre half would be quite useful. Murphy could play through the middle if required.

Possibly but if they are knocking back 4 Million for him not sure they will let him go for buttons.

They don’t really have a choice if we sign him up on a pre contract first as we only have to pay a cross border development fee. Maybe if we have managed that, WBA might let him come to us early or on loan. No benefit to them paying his wages for next 6 month when he’s offski. I’m just taking a guess here... can’t see why we would sign another striker when we play 1 up top, and have 4(?) in the squad once miller is back in a couple weeks.

They don’t really have a choice if we sign him up on a pre contract first as we only have to pay a cross border development fee. Maybe if we have managed that, WBA might let him come to us early or on loan. No benefit to them paying his wages for next 6 month when he’s offski. I’m just taking a guess here... can’t see why we would sign another striker when we play 1 up top, and have 4(?) in the squad once miller is back in a couple weeks.

Still can’t see them letting him go for a few 100,000 would be great buisness for us though.

Why would we need another striker?

Tyler Roberts seems most likely who would be a good alternative but from my (very limited) knowledge of him, seems a lot like Cummings. Would only make sense as a back up unless he is spectacular. If we are looking for anyone else then you'd have to think a target man would be the missing piece. We've got the gallus poacher in Cummings and the workhorse tank in Morelos. But neither are spectacular in the air. Getting someone who was would be a good alternative. But we'd then have 3 'first choice' style strikers so at least one would be unhappy.

Tyler Roberts seems most likely who would be a good alternative but from my (very limited) knowledge of him, seems a lot like Cummings. Would only make sense as a back up unless he is spectacular. If we are looking for anyone else then you'd have to think a target man would be the missing piece. We've got the gallus poacher in Cummings and the workhorse tank in Morelos. But neither are spectacular in the air. Getting someone who was would be a good alternative. But we'd then have 3 'first choice' style strikers so at least one would be unhappy.

He looks more of a number 10 type very skilful different type of player all together from Cummings.

Still think we need a ball winner in the middle to supplement our creative play, pretty much what McCrorie was doing but looks like he will step back into defence.

Hopeful of either that, a cb and to get Roberts in before the window and a few outgoings to bring the wage down.

Overall great window for us and it feels like I have not said that in years going back when we got Naismith.

I think we need a number 10 type especially if it's an improvement on Windass. I think Murty will favour a 4-2-3-1 most of the time.

I'd like to see a centre back coming in. Don't think Alves can be trusted to stay injury free and I'm still not sure about Cardoso.

The lack of rumours and whispers suggests to me that if we bring anyone in it will be from down south, if it was a Scottish player someone would have heard something

Agreed if it was someone from Scotland it would get out as someone would go running to the press.

We need another winger. It's glaringly obvious that MOH isn't in the managers plans. If we get an injury to Murphy or Candieas, we're back to shoehorning Windass out wide.

Back