Murty restoring some credibility?

Murty didn't spend any money on transfers.

Gerrard has had the largest kitty in over 10 years, Are you happy with the return on that investment

Murty and Allen brought in players during that January, and Murty did have a say who came in.

I will give Gerrard next season before I decide, the fact the outlay on transfers has been recouped by the European run already shows value for money.

"Largest kitty in 10 years", I really wish people would stop using the last 10 years as a gauge for anything financial or success wise.

Sure if it was a normal 10 years use it, but saying that while we were living with the likes of Kevin Kyle and Nicky Clarke does nothing for the argument.

Murty jumped on several grenades for Rangers. He will always have my respect for that. He stepped up when we needed it.

I really do hope you never coach football to anyone with your shocking attitude. You are super uber win at all cost you want to cheat and steal just to win. Sad life you have.

And where did I say that?

I expect , I demand my Rangers players to be winners, to not find it acceptable to lose, to not find it acceptable to be hammered and hammered soundly by our nearest rivals, I expect a mindset of players expecting to go out and compete and win every game and every trophy available.

One of the reasons we have failed recently and failed badly is the players mentality doesn't have this, they find it acceptable to lose 1 in 4, to get knocked out a semi, a manager who didn't seem to bothered by a week long period involving 4-0, 0-1 and 5-0 defeats.

The problem with the last 8 years is it has conditioned some fans to believe that winning shouldn't be demanded, they forget what being a Ranger is all about because we have endured shite , mentally and physically on the field, for 8 years so are happy to accept second best.

Well not me, I was brought up on winnners, a winning Rangers team and one which done the fans proud and gave everything on the pitch, in the dugout and won trophies, I expect and demand that of all Rangers teams and having a snivelling loser preparing the boys for the step up doesn't give me much confidence in how they are being mentally prepared.

I hope he has an outstanding coaching career and that our youths benefit immensely from it, anybody who thinks otherwise doesn't have the good of the club at heart.

Spot on , who needs enemies when some one here speak like that .. Theres a world of difference to coaching and managing and fair play to him and us for sticking with it ..he is obviously held in high regard in the right circles. football forums not being one of them

Id like to see some of you keyboard managers getting dragged out your comfy job and thrown to the lions while juggling the media/ training/first team demands plus a 1000 other things we dont even realise need done

i don't think it is a case of 'finding finding level'.

Being a coach of an academy development group is a totally different gig to managing a top level team.
He had a great academy reputation before he got the temp job, wasn't any good at it, so went back to being an academy coach. No surprise he seems to be good at it again.

Back