Murty wants resolution to management situation

Interesting that this is coming from Murty. The Interim Manager situation is becoming all too familiar at Rangers and whatever way it is dressed up, it displays a reactive way of running the club as opposed to pro-active. The board showing foresight and getting contingency plans in place prior to sacking managers would be a nice change.

I wa surprised he said “wether it be me or someone else”. I like Murty and would prefer he distanced himself from the full time poisition, he appears to be a very good youth coach and that’s where he best serves us.

It's getting ridiculous now if even our stand in is demanding something is done .

I genuinely cannot work out what the hold up could be.

I really felt for Murty watching that press conference question after question about the management situation and practically nothing about the game.

Our board are not just leaving Murty high and dry they are not being transparent at all like they promised us and it's going in far too long.

The longer this goes on I think the board will reveal the new guy at the AGM?

But is there not another 6 points to play for before then? I think this board will understandably be bollocked by the support if we drop points before then adding to the Hamilton mess. Murty is in an impossible position here.

Let's hope the board land us a cracking manager to help lift the place. God knows we deserve something to get the fans believing again. Ibrox is a morgue at the moment, the board need to get the fans believing so the players can benefit from us fans. When Ibrox is in full voice, nothing in this country or even on this island can match it.

I think we'll have to wait until after the Aberdeen games before we find out our new manager.

The fact is unless we hire someone tomorrow, there will not be a new manager by the AGM and if one is announced then he will have 1 days training before the match at Pittodrie. We could very easily be 9 or 10 points behind the sheep and maybe even in the bottom half before this is sorted out.

I wouldnt be surprised if the board are thinking, beat us over two games and the jobs yours derek.

Possible, but if they are, they are clueless. Wait until we are further behind 2nd? What if they do not beat Murty's Rangers? Go back to the start and begin the process again? The Rangers manager position is filled or not on the back of 2 games?

The longer this drags on, the harder it is to make a case for McInnes being near the top of their list. One thing we know is absolutely certain, the club have not approached Aberdeen at all, not even to just speak to McInnes and find out what he would be after in terms of budget etc (I know the board might have done it on the sly, but frankly, if they have it does not bode well or speak of high levels of professionalism). If they wanted him, even as a second choice, they would have spoken to him a few weeks ago.

I can only hope that the protracted delay is because we are hoping to announce a stellar appointment. Anyway the AGM is only a week away and I'd imagine things will be clearer then.
In the meantime a nice win tomorrow will help to pass the time o_O

Back