Murty

Dooodooodrooo

Credit where it's due. He's got us playing the type football Warburton or Caixhina could only dream of. When things click, we look a real threat. Consistency is improving and one of these days we're going to give someone a real doing (hopefully in a few weeks)

Too early to decide long term but he's
certainly got the players playing for him and long may it continue. The bottles are jangling over in the east, let's hope they crash tmw.

youve started a thread same time as me mate sorry same subject admin, got to agree with everything you say

No doubt about it,we are getting better under Murty. The players are starting to gel, and the recent signings have been among the best in a long time.

The biggest thing I'll say for him is that I don't remember a rangers manager improving players and Hassling them all the time to improve like he does. He simply won't let players not improve. He is a coach who is always trying to get every ounce he can. He won't have the fear factor that Walter had but he might be able to get the team to play for him like he did.

Pedro was talking at the start of his tenure about the style he wanted to introduce and I saw that style in full today, dynamic passing, tenacious pressing and playing with width and whipping in crosses.

Just took a real coach to coach the boys how to implement it.

We should wait until the season ends before making a decision on his future, but things have taken a turn for the better in recent weeks. He has got us playing like a team and has installed a bit of fight in the side we were sadly lacking. If we can keep this up, somehow manage a 100% record through the rest of the league games and win the Scottish Cup, it would be hard for the board not to extend his contract and give him the job full time

Big balls and a great decision keeping Docherty in the team today and boy did he repay him, Docherty is a star in the making. Poor guy should have had at least one goal today.
The team has for sure turned a corner and today was massive for the players. For sure we can beat them in two weeks time.

Think he's got the Job Full time tbh.

The decision will be made at the end of the season.

Great win today and Murty deserves all the plaudits he’s getting, but we still need to finish second at least and we’re not there yet.

Keep playing like we did today though and we can dare to dream even bigger.

He’s got us playing the best stuff I’ve seen in a long time. He just needs to get them doing it more consistently at home

Still too early to declare victory with Murty yet, but from early on this just felt right to me, in the same way that both Wattie and Big Jock turned out to be right. People on FF mocked the comparison that a few of us made, but that feeling is building in me. I think Murty is the real deal as a modern coach and in 15 months we will all be celebrating.

Still early doors but he deserves credit and our full backing. I think he’s growing in to the job nicely and he’s certainly doing something right with the players.

I’d probably change things up a bit quicker but it is hard to argue with his recent success.

Happy days bears, happy days!

He's doing a a great job imo.

Id go so far as to say we have an ideal set up. Director of football who knows his stuff. Manager who the players can relate to and buy into, supported by a strong assistant who knows what it is to be a bear.

Lord knows I've made my feelings clear on him as manager. But...

...is leaving him in limbo going to do us any favours ? He's either good enough or he isn't.

If he's getting the job then give it to him and end the uncertainty.

Sit in the EE behind the dugout and a guy roared at Murty to "change it as we'd been shite for the last 15 minutes". Murty turned round and gestured and told him to calm down, we were all pishing ourselves and when we scored the second he turned around again, gave us a big cheesy smile, the thumbs up and said "see?"

Top guy and really hope it works out for him.

Would love to see us win the next 5 then see what the table looks like going into the split, starting to think we can do that

The man is new to his job himself, and if he continues to improve as he gains experience, we may have struck gold!

As much as I Moan about his substitutions and timing of them, he has done a great job so far getting the team playing the way we all hoped for.

We are actually a joy to watch sometimes now whereas before I was watching from behind my couch.

Whilst I have long term doubts he is definitely doing far better than I expected.

He's still got his flaws particularly regarding subs etc but we are playing some nice football.

He's the type of manager that you would expect to work with a director of football like Allen.

As much as I Moan about his substitutions and timing of them, he has done a great job so far getting the team playing the way we all hoped for.

We are actually a joy to watch sometimes now whereas before I was watching from behind my couch.
The timing of substitutions and who they are has been a subject of argument and discussion since the game was invented but the important point is that he's got us playing as a team of winners.
I reckon the guy has proven that he's competent enough to remain as our manager!

His Substitutions baffle me at times but other than that doing okay :D

The timing of substitutions and who they are has been a subject of argument and discussion since the game was invented but the important point is that he's got us playing as a team of winners.
I reckon the guy has proven that he's competent enough to remain as our manager!
The Killie game sticks out for me, everyone was crying for a change and tighten up then he waited till we were 2-1 down to change things. He has done it in several games, waited far too long to make a change. Also I’m games we have been cruising you want to see some subs getting a run out yet he persists on waiting till 70-80 mins to make a sub.

That’s all I can criticise him for though. I’m hoping he has now put an end to our terrible home record as we were a joy to watch at times today.

If we keep winning the board will not replace him, it would be madness tbf.

I still think we need much better but can see why the board would not want to change things if we keep winning.

If we were to get someone new in the summer are we basically not starting from scratch again? Give him a years rolling contract and see what he can do we've improved 10 fold over the past 2 months.

Whatever happens regarding murty getting the job long term at seasons end I wish ALL fans would get behind him, its easy to see just how much hes improved both the sqaud and the players individually,

Hes our best manager since admin and the team were at their lowest interms of form and confidence both times he stepped in, consistency has been the biggest issue but since our squad have been playing inconsistently for years its understandable that it could and probably would take time to shake that off no matter who the manager is, hes been amazing for us and I would love for him to keep the job as more upheaval and changes is the last thing our club needs, we need stability and hes good enough to take us forward from here as hes already took us forward from pedro and warburton.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but it pisses me off when our fans slate him, sure hes got a bit to learn but he is clearly improving and im sure when the season is over and with a cup in the bag he will have time to reflect on his own performance which will only make him more assured of himself and his ability to go further,

He will be a different manager next season.

Murty is the way forward!

Still think he needs to be better with his substittionss. But has done a good job so far hopefully we can keep the pressure on and maybe even win this title

The team as well as Murty are growing into the role and both are exceeding our expectations of just a few weeks ago,and we are only going to get better!:)

W.A.T.P.

Credit where it's due. He's got us playing the type football Warburton or Caixhina could only dream of. When things click, we look a real threat. Consistency is improving and one of these days we're going to give someone a real doing (hopefully in a few weeks)

Too early to decide long term but he's
certainly got the players playing for him and long may it continue. The bottles are jangling over in the east, let's hope they crash tmw.
After the Hibs game I wad pissed at him. That being said he brings a total professionalism to the team. He us great with the media and most importantly of all he has us playing with belief. We are getting stronger by the game and everyone is beginning to feel like this is Rangers once again. For that he had eternal gratitude. If we can finish strong and look like we are the people then he must be offered the job. He can only grow with the players. He had something about him.

Game by game he's building his reputation and also building a team that befits our marvellous football club.

If you keep it going Graeme you know where it will take you.

Seems substitutions is the stick to beat him with
Let me say my memory aint what it used to be but I cant recall a game where this "failure" cost us.
I see the Killie game referenced but no guarantee of course any sub would have changed that. Hindsight is 20/20 after all
I think we all should cut him a bit of slack. I was critical at the time of him taking Docherty and Moreles off yesterday but both got a bit of a rest and a nice individual ovation to boost heir morale. It didn't cost us anything in terms of the result so I was wrong (not for the first or last time) and the manager was right.

I have argued against his detractors since his appointment because I believe the guy has something about him that players respond to, and that is a crucial part of any kind of management, but also, there were no outstanding candidates within our budget, desperate to come here. I have argued on here that we should bin this obsession with replacing Murty now and get behind him and the team, at least until the end of the season, and review the situation then. I have noticed that after yesterday`s result and performance, the "Murty out" brigade have been noticeably quiet. As the man himself has recently said, we are a long way from the finished article, but personally, I am delighted with the progress we are making.

P.S. No doubt there will be further setbacks along the way, but we should always remember it is the general direction of travel that`s important and right now, I`m liking what I see.

Just give him the job

If we get a new manager then he will bring his own players and we start again

Murty will continue this good form into next season

Not entirely true.

For the first time, in a long, long time, we have a constant in Allen.

Murty of course coaches and deploys the players into a formation and position, but he certainly won’t have had final say on the signings.

Murty’s done a good job when called upon, certainly given his inexperience. He’ll rightly be measured over the next 14 games and if he delivers on the objectives, then rightly so, he’ll get the job.

If we fall away, lose the Scottish cup and fail to take the next step, then rightly so, we should look to get an experienced, proven manager.

Back