My biggest worry, apathy

sheddensbear

I came out of Ibrox absolutely raging last night. Being over run by a very poor Killie team (1st half especially poor) and losing a goal which was coming for over 20 minutes and we couldn't do anything about it. By the time I got home, the anger had turned to apathy because I no longer cared what happened when Pedro was in charge. Bizarre appointment which concerns me for next appointment.

I understand the fear for who the board may look at as a replacement, however I’m of the opinion that they have played their ‘gamble’ card and the only one they have left to put down will be someone with a more solid foundation / experience in the British game.

I’m hopeful they will get the next one right.

Kinda feel the same...starting to feel like the Rangers I knew and grew up with are gone.....it's a real shame. The only fix is money and unfortunately there isn't a knight in shining armour on the horizon.

Been the same for a while. Didn’t even want to go last night but went anyway. No longer go along expecting to win. We could lose a generation of young fans because of this nonsense.

I don't feel apathetic. I have had a desire to boot something since that penalty incident and it is not for passing.

I feel terrible for Pedro but I think deep down we all knew how this was going to end from fairly early on in his tenure.

I took my son and nephew last night. I was petrified of what might have transpired (crowd turning on pedro/board etc) and it very nearly came to pass.

I think the last few years have had a profound effect. I can't deny that my feelings have changed a wee bit. Family, kids, work commitments, and an increasing interest in other sports. it might just be the natural circle of life that someone loses a bit of focus in Rangers and I struggle to deal with the enormity of our situation.

when I was young Greig was manager and it was terrible. I still fell in love with the Gers, the passion passed from father to son.

I hope this is just a cycle and we rise again.

Most on here will be apathetic if the new manager fails to win his first match by six or seven goals.

Even in good times the impatience and nonsense spouted is astonishing.

Just wait till the new appointment loses a match that was completely out of his hands.

My biggest worry is that the three stooges who appointed Pedro pick another turkey to replace him.

Our last three managers have been a disaster,Ally was never ever management material and the last two where being honest where middle grade jobbing managers .
We need a Souness type revolution but I am afraid the money is not there now,to attract a top manager we need to promise him a warchest which we cannot do,so it will be another middle grade manager like McInnes or similar.
The future is not bright just now,unless we get a injection of serious money.

I took my son and nephew last night. I was petrified of what might have transpired (crowd turning on pedro/board etc) and it very nearly came to pass.

I think the last few years have had a profound effect. I can't deny that my feelings have changed a wee bit. Family, kids, work commitments, and an increasing interest in other sports. it might just be the natural circle of life that someone loses a bit of focus in Rangers and I struggle to deal with the enormity of our situation.

when I was young Greig was manager and it was terrible. I still fell in love with the Gers, the passion passed from father to son.

I hope this is just a cycle and we rise again.
Dont worry mate last night i took my boy 12 and his 2 pals to the game as i do every home game anyway
they no nothing but failure but i told them just think how extatic you will feel when we finaly get 55
I told them it will be the same feeling i had in 1987 when i invaded the pitch at pittodrie after winning the league exuberance of course to this day im now 48 it was the greatest day in my life WATP

Been the same for a while. Didn’t even want to go last night but went anyway. No longer go along expecting to win. We could lose a generation of young fans because of this nonsense.

I'm overseas so not in a position to go to the games, but I don't think losing fans is an issue, we sell out every game or damn near it. The support seems to be more solid now than it was in the 35 years I had a season ticket from 1981 on. The backing of the fans has been the one constant to be proud of since our return to the top division, if people have kept the faith so far they won't stop now. Compare and contrast to the attendances across the city when things aren't going their way!

Whoever the new manager is he will be backed by full stadiums week after week, let us hope he gets the time to get it right and ultimately succeeds.

We are the People.

My biggest worry is that the three stooges who appointed Pedro pick another turkey to replace him.
With a DoF now in Place it’s safe to assume that won’t happen. I’d be utterly stunned if we went for another surprise appointment this time.

I came out of Ibrox absolutely raging last night. Being over run by a very poor Killie team (1st half especially poor) and losing a goal which was coming for over 20 minutes and we couldn't do anything about it. By the time I got home, the anger had turned to apathy because I no longer cared what happened when Pedro was in charge. Bizarre appointment which concerns me for next appointment.
I totally agree, I feel our support at times just excepts mediocrity,and Ibrox is suffering because of it.

Back