My Blue Room (small update)

I reckon you’d need about 8 grand to convert a garage into one like that. Superb

Shy on the build by a wee bit. I was just speaking to someone on PM as regards it all and I'm glad I don't have running total for the rest of it. Might as well just enjoy it now. :))

Had this on the old forum so figured it might be of interest over here too. There's a small picture update on the last post now that my bar area graphic has arrived.

Anyway...

Dunno if anyone is interested in this or not (and admin can feel free to shunt it to the lounge if needed) but work started on my Blue Room just before Christmas. It's getting there in terms of the finish now.

Figured I'd stick the build pictures up for anyone who is maybe thinking of doing the same (someone did ask a few weeks back about doing something similar but I can't find the thread)

Anyway, it started with a hole in the ground...

1zlyhyo.jpg

and then the founds

and the first of the brick work.

jq6n46.jpg

More brick work

oaya75.jpg

and then the concrete base with the frame started just before the holidays

2n15ldf.jpg
Hope it's not Fred West Builders you've got doing the work for you.:))
Good stuff anyway.I like it.

June 18 update. Couple of additions today.

A friend's nephew is currently doing rather well with our u20s and he got me this after a bit of a struggle to free up a strip as they're apparently in demand with the Ashley carry on.

Plus this ahead of the WC starting soon...

Feb 2019 Update

Finally got round to putting a 2nd screen in. Managed to get the feeds to it and the projector separately so I can have the live game on the big screen and SSN on for the scores coming in.

Built my gallows gantry too. Happy with that for £20's worth of wood.

You need to work on the rum supplies old bean :D

The pillow is annoying - I'd have straightened it up, before taking that picture.

It's the same with the Amstel bottles on the top shelf. They all have the labels facing the same way - but some are back to front. The barcodes is the giveaway.

Overall, it looks mint.

See if your ever looking for a new best friend I promise you I am fantastic company.

It’s amazing looking my only concern is how do you get to the bar from the couch ? A case of climb over I presume ? Screen looks first class , it’s better than the ones we have in the stadium ! :cool:

The pillow is annoying - I'd have straightened it up, before taking that picture.

It's the same with the Amstel bottles on the top shelf. They all have the labels facing the same way - but some are back to front. The barcodes is the giveaway.

Overall, it looks mint.

I'm not gonna lie. I tend to be unfit to drive in terms of being over the limit as soon as I step foot in there. My days of facing off shelves neatly ended when I stopped working in the CoOp as a kid 20 years ago. ;)

Seriously though, I do keep meaning to get some proper shots of it rather than just taking them with my phone and have it all primed for perfect pictures.

It’s amazing looking my only concern is how do you get to the bar from the couch ? A case of climb over I presume ? Screen looks first class , it’s better than the ones we have in the stadium ! :cool:

Nah, there's actually a gap between the seats that it's fairly easy to walk through. Just doesn't look that big from the angle of the pictures. I could have gone with the smaller seats on the other side too but wanted the pint glass holders for my regular spot.

Tends to be when folk are over, a few of us sit on the cinema seats and the others sit at the bar stools so we just pass drink over when it's needed. Works quite well.

Nah, there's actually a gap between the seats that it's fairly easy to walk through. Just doesn't look that big from the angle of the pictures. I could have gone with the smaller seats on the other side too but wanted the pint glass holders for my regular spot.

Tends to be when folk are over, a few of us sit on the cinema seats and the others sit at the bar stools so we just pass drink over when it's needed. Works quite well.

It’s fucking tremendous mate . I’m just jealous as hell looking for a wee flaw :p

Where can I buy that wallpaper?

I should sticky this in the first post for as often as it's asked. :D

You can't anymore, unfortunately. A few of us who worked at Auchenhowie at the time were gifted some by the decorators. It was commissioned for the project by Rangers and they used it then and in some of the Argyle House suites as well as the entrance to the Members Club in the Main Stand and some other parts of Ibrox.

As far as I'm aware the company who made it doesn't produce it now. I looked them up when someone was asking on the old board and they don't have their Glasgow factory anymore.

I should sticky this in the first post for as often as it's asked. :D

You can't anymore, unfortunately. A few of us who worked at Auchenhowie at the time were gifted some by the decorators. It was commissioned for the project by Rangers and they used it then and in some of the Argyle House suites as well as the entrance to the Members Club in the Main Stand and some other parts of Ibrox.

As far as I'm aware the company who made it doesn't produce it now. I looked them up when someone was asking on the old board and they don't have their Glasgow factory anymore.

That's a real shame would love to have been able to buy a few rolls.

Thanks for replying.:))

I've got one similar,but unfortunately it's in my head,well done sir it looks fantastic,if your looking for any more mates,feel free to get in touch,

Back