My Blue Room (small update)

How hard was it to build the replica of the metalwork in the main stand? I’ve just finished a shed for my pool table and I’d like to try and do that for the main beam supporting the roof if it’s possible with some help (I have no trade skills!)

image-from-ios.jpg

Last edited:
@justice - my old man did it for me and it was fairly labour intensive and he's magic at that sort of thing in terms of planning etc.

The wood bending took a fair effort too including making the former etc and then steaming it. I'd have half assed it and bought a print if I had to do it myself, haha.

Your place is looking good. I'd have liked to put a pool table in but it was going to be at a cost of losing my bar area which wasn't an option. I'll need to look at a 1st floor lounge / snug extension.

What an amazing room . Every man would love a wee bolt hole like this to escape to when the house gets too much . Bravo sir !

very impressed mate, what projector did you go for out of interest- just got one for my home office and makes football and movies a great experience, took me a long time to decide though as there’s endless choices/ reading! (apols if already answered)

very impressed mate, what projector did you go for out of interest- just got one for my home office and makes football and movies a great experience, took me a long time to decide though as there’s endless choices/ reading! (apols if already answered)

Chose the BENQ W1400 in the end. Was a choice between that and two Optoma options. BENQ had the best reviews at the time and I can't fault it. Along with the fixed screen, there's never been a single problem with it in 4 years now. If I get another 2 or 3 out of it, I'd be delighted.

I'm not really up to speed with current models. Given what I generally watch on it, I don't have the need for 4k yet but maybe when the PS5 comes out, that'll change and I'll look at upgrades. It's a never ending cycle on the AV stuff. I'd probably plump for a new amp before I did anything else.

I've got another wee project on the go in there just now that should hopefully be done with in a month or so too. There's always something to tinker with.

@justice - my old man did it for me and it was fairly labour intensive and he's magic at that sort of thing in terms of planning etc.

The wood bending took a fair effort too including making the former etc and then steaming it. I'd have half assed it and bought a print if I had to do it myself, haha.

Your place is looking good. I'd have liked to put a pool table in but it was going to be at a cost of losing my bar area which wasn't an option. I'll need to look at a 1st floor lounge / snug extension.

aye mines about a meter shorter than it was meant to be which meant its just too short to have a proper bar.. I’m going to see what I can do on a workaround.

while I might not go the same lengths re bending the wood etc I might see if I can do something similar for the beam.

Excellent job. Always like this thread being bumped to see the start to end

Brilliant and may it give you years of enjoyment

Back