My club paid the price, I as a fan paid the price. EBT v Child Abuse/Equality in scottish football.

A very fair post Op.
You are talking about News channels and Newspapers sitting on thier hand in silence.
The Sfa are doing nothing!
When is One Scottish Football Club going to stand up and be counted here?
Who ever that is has the right to speak out against ceptic and call it as it is.
Would Rangers do this?
Never would be my guess but when the boot was on the other foot by God the whole of Scottish Football kicked us.
Scottish football is in the gutter because of the corrupt goings on at Hampden.
Its appalling whats going on and not one club has the balls to name and shame the club which has not only brought the game into disrepute but shames everyone of us for letting them get away with these heinous crimes.

Celtic should be held accountable and the victims should see the benefit of it.
Any bear that suggests Celtic should be punished with things like stripping of trophies or points deduction are an embarrassment to us, and are doing the victims case no good.
It makes it look like we are only trying to point score rather than get justice when we bring it up, like certain so called journalists say.

Personally I think there should be a full open transparent inquiry to the whole murky business,We all know the perverts at the bheastly end of these crimes but we have other individuals in the higher echelons of the cesspit with dirty fingers,In this day and age it might be hard to find the right people honest and neutral enough for such an inquiry but I believe it's the only way to get the justice deserved.

You could argue that the whole EBT situation directly influenced what happened on the pitch - because it affected our financial prowess and therefore standard of player and team.
In terms of comparing ‘how bad’ the two things were it’s like looking at wee Jimmy the shoplifter versus Ian Brady.
But in terms of actual football the Celtic situation wouldn’t have affected the quality of their team or ability to win football matches in any way.
The perpetrators of the crimes against these boys are the ones deserving of just punishment. Those who knew and didn’t act should also be investigated and justly dealt with. They as well as the those who carried out the crimes owe the victims grave apologies.

It is all about consequences, if you do something illegal as an individual or a corporation/institution there needs to be a consequence, a deterrent to you & others.
If there are no consequences then law & order breaks down.

You could argue that the whole EBT situation directly influenced what happened on the pitch - because it affected our financial prowess and therefore standard of player and team.
In terms of comparing ‘how bad’ the two things were it’s like looking at wee Jimmy the shoplifter versus Ian Brady.
But in terms of actual football the Celtic situation wouldn’t have affected the quality of their team or ability to win football matches in any way.
The perpetrators of the crimes against these boys are the ones deserving of just punishment. Those who knew and didn’t act should also be investigated and justly dealt with. They as well as the those who carried out the crimes owe the victims grave apologies.
Too many of the perps are probably in the grave now. This should have been investigated by the police 30 odd years ago. There was plenty of knowledge then. On your last point Celtic probably lost players because of this. But always, the victims are the important people here.

At least some got the point of my op. Again i am talking about a football punishment, totally seperate from what some keep turning it back to. Many running the club knew it was going on. To say it didn't affect the play on the pitch is untrue. If they were investigated and punished at the time they might not have progressed as a club.

After today we should be pursuing the demise of this mob. Especially after they were forced to admit liability in the recent digby brown case.

They tried to destroy us and manipulated others to join in. They tried to BURY us.

If ever there was a time to get at them for past misdemeanours and criminality, known child abuse and known criminality being covered up. Then this is it.

Building bridges, move on, ffs. If after today some can't see the bigger picture, then i despair and fear for our future as the witch hunt, and clamour for our demise is still well and truly ongoing.

EBTs were not illegal at the time and only became so when government closed loophole and retrospectively looked to punish those that employed the scheme. Much like driving at 30 2 years ago in a now 20 zone and police trawl cameras and backdate the speeding offence.
Child abuse has always been illegal

They aren’t illegal now either, let’s get this right. Plenty of people still have them, properly set up and administered (myself included). Rangers set one up which interpreted the law differently than the taxman, who decided to test that interpretation (as with thousands of other people and companies) retrospectively, and it was a close run thing but favoured the taxman, which confirmed a tax bill under dispute plus interest. They never were, and still aren’t, illegal.

Back