My confidence in Gerrard for 55 has been strengthened massively

Blue Tack

You can see it in his eyes,the way he speaks ,the man won’t rest until we are back where we belong ,the hard work has only just started ,the Stevie g express has only just taken off and the message is clear - If you want to be a part of something very special then stick around and prove it ,if your not up for that or it’s too mentally exhausting for you then there’s the door .

Last season was his first season as a manger ,he has learned bucketloads ,a great Euro run ,no longer getting bullied by Timmy and cemented 2nd place albeit with a few major disappointments that told him a lot about certain players , but I reiterate he won’t stop until he’s the winner ,that’s just the way the man is built .

You can see he’s choking for next season to start already ,he’s like a terminator ,just won’t stop ,and it fills me with massive confidence ,imagine playing for this guy ...wow .

Yeah we're playing alright and Gerrard is making changes now there is no pressure. Shouldn't be forgiven so easily for his many errors and the players for total lack of bottle when it mattered though.

Gerrard has made a lot of wrong decisions that made 55 out of reach. Katic for example only coming in now and should never have been dropped. Persisting with the same personnel and formation even though it was failing us and refusing to make subs until too late.

Under no pressure he's finally making changes and players with no bottle are performing.

Still a LONG way to go and a lot to prove.

Last edited:
Yeah we're playing alright and Gerrard is making changes now there is no pressure. Shouldn't be forgiven so easily for his many errors and the players for total lack of bottle when it mattered though.

More importantly and it can’t be forgotten the players are playing under little to no pressure at the moment. There are more than a few players in that team yesterday not strong enough mentally or talented enough football wise to win us 55, however with the bipolar nature of this forum every good result heralds a bright new dawn.

If he takes the full 12 points left it will show a great level of consistency and belief against the other top 5 sides, it's not the fans who need the confidence and belief nor Gerrard. It is the players who need to step up

Summer is absolutely massive & as big as any transfer market there has been for us
See because you said transfer market instead of transfer window does that mean we are casting our net bigger than ever before over the market and if that is the case are you actually trying to say that we are going for Europe's top of the market? :eek::D

Hopefully we can keep this winning run going until end of the season as it builds confidence for the squad

The gaffer has a winners mentality and he wants the players to have this attitude moving forward

Getting new players in who can hit the ground running next season is going to test the management team and the DOF and his team

IF we sign the right players who can handle the pressure and demands at Ibrox to win then we will be in a better place next season but we have to get the new signings right and be more consistent and get more wins and cut out dropped points to inferior teams when we are on top

Dropped points to Dundee, St Johnstone, Killie, Hivs, etc when we just didn’t take our chances and that has to change

The gaffer is a winner and I believe in him and his staff to deliver but he needs resources and we need to get better too and use this season as a learning curve and cut out the stupid dropped points

Let’s see what the new players look like and what players we sell from the current squad as we have several players who are just not going to cut it at Ibrox

Next season will be a real challenge but I don’t buy into the mhedia myth that the mentally challengeds are miles ahead of us. We can push them but the new players are key and getting them settled quickly is also essential

Hope we get it right and get us back to our rightful position as league winners

WATP

We don’t have the quality or consistency to mount a serious title challenge plus there is still the corruption with referees and the compliance officer to overcome.

I think his best lesson this season has been the understanding that we truly are on our own and surrounded by officials, fans, clubs, players etc. that absolutely despise us.

And I think he thrives on that

Reactions: LD5
You can see it in his eyes,the way he speaks ,the man won’t rest until we are back where we belong ,the hard work has only just started ,the Stevie g express has only just taken off and the message is clear - If you want to be a part of something very special then stick around and prove it ,if your not up for that or it’s too mentally exhausting for you then there’s the door .

Last season was his first season as a manger ,he has learned bucketloads ,a great Euro run ,no longer getting bullied by Timmy and cemented 2nd place albeit with a few major disappointments that told him a lot about certain players , but I reiterate he won’t stop until he’s the winner ,that’s just the way the man is built .

You can see he’s choking for next season to start already ,he’s like a terminator ,just won’t stop ,and it fills me with massive confidence ,imagine playing for this guy ...wow .

Totally agree mate. The way the team played with 10 men v Celtic was a big positive. If that happened 2 years ago then we would have been spanked 5 or 6.

Only piece of advice I would give him is "whatever yous did on the winter break, do the opposite next year".

I think he came to Rangers expecting a difficult job of building a quality team on a budget, without realising all the extra shite he has to deal with. He now has a solid grasp on just how difficult this challenge is and how everyone in this country bar us wants him to fail and will do everything they can to make that happen. He will now know exactly the type of man required in our starting 11, he knows guys like Coulibaly etc don't have the mental capacity to cope with this fight and I reckon his summer signings will reflect that massively.

Gutted this season is ending, haven’t said that for a while!

Same here.

I’ve been begging for somebody to put me out my misery the last 7 seasons.

This year, I feel we are just now truly finding our feet and it’s all come a bit too late.

Finding different formations and ways of playing is as vital to winning the league as having a strong squad. Defoe and Morelos are like chalk and cheese but think of the options if we had them both to call on next season.

Back