My dad seen Rangers back at the top before he passed away this afternoon - Graham Callan, Carluke

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad
Heart goes out to you and your family mate, thoughts of my own dad have come rushing back to me, my love to you and yours.

Sorry to read this mate

Your Dad goes knowing we won 55 and we are on the way back to being No 1 club

Remember all the good times mate and so sorry for you and your family

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad
Brilliant eulogy, my dad died in January knowing it was coming home. Nothing wrong with being proud of your quiet old man. Mine was old school too. All the best fellow bear.

RIP dad
Be strong bluebells,so sad for your loss but glad your dad seen us win 55,I'm 70 next february was 8 when dad took me so I'm the generation of your dad,lost my brother Stephen 2 years on March,so sad he didn't see us win 55,but seen us get the monkey off our backs with the Ryan Jack goal!my Dad,uncle ernie,papa bobo and young Gary telfer,all missed our comeback,but as posted on here many times so .any bears young and old who passed on would be up in our blue heaven cheering the famous on!My heart ❤ goes out to you,will be so hard but believe me the pain and anguish will pass slowly,and you will be left with the happy memories of you and your dad going to watch the gers,and honestly a wee smile will appear on your face when you have these wee memories,remember your not alone,you have the Rangers family with you,we are all here for you,my thoughts go with you and your family at this sad sad time WATP Yours aye Carlos

I'm so glad he got to see 55 mate. The day we lifted the trophy I was with my old man. We had endured the pain together. We both wept at the end. Every year he asks me if I'll renew, he knows the answer and always follows suit. We sit together at Ibrox. My heart goes out to you brother

RIP dad
Blueballs,very touching,sorry for your loss,

Sorry for your loss.

Your dad sounds like a true bear, it’s amazing he saw 55.

Great tribute to him. Thoughts are with you.

Sorry for your loss but pleased he got to see one final trophy lift. I hope you and the wee girl enjoy the games. He will be with you in spirit

Always a hard one to take when your Rangers buddy and father passes, at peace now. We wont see there likes again unfortunately. RIP fellow Bear.

Sorry for your loss mate,
The way you speak of your dad he was a good man and has done a great job with you, he would be proud of you.

RIP dad
Brings a wee tear to my eye that. Wish you and your family all the best.

Back