My dad seen Rangers back at the top before he passed away this afternoon - Graham Callan, Carluke

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad
Sorry for your loss mate

Really sorry for your loss mate. I'm glad your old man got to see us back where we belong.

A lovely tribute for your dad and may your wee lassy carry on his legacy proudly.

God bless you and your father mate. Nothing better than sharing the love for Rangers with your old man. It’s good he was there to see us winning again! May his memories live on with you and yours!

Last edited:
Fine tribute. People that don't understand say its just a game, its not. For me Rangers FC is the biggest thing that links me and my old man, throughout my life me and my dad have hardly had a conversation where Rangers aren't brought into it.

Your old man has brought you up well by the sounds of it and will watch on through your daughter every time she is watching the famous. (i presume its your daughter you mention rather than a sibling)

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad
Sorry. I'm really, really, sorry. No words can make it better so that's it.

Lovely words, so glad that this amazing team was able to make your dad proud. Sorry for your loss. RIP

I understand exactly where you are coming from. Condolences to you and your family. His grand-daughter will carry on the tradition. That will make yer dad smile in blue heaven.

Sad to hear about the loss of your dad, but happy that he managed to see us win 55 RIP. your dad he'll be watching from above.

A son proud of his Dad.
Make your own children feel the same.
I'm so glad he saw Stevie-G decide to join our club and deliver 55.
Small crumbs I know but your Dad would've enjoyed it.

Condolences to you and your family mate. I’m glad that you can find some comfort by the fact your Dad saw his beloved team make it back to the top.

May he rest in peace.

Sorry to learn of your loss. That’s a fine tribute.

I would however recommend you mention his name and I can change the header - you’ll find it amazing, going on previous experience, how many old friends, neighbours and workmates will see it and be able to pay their respects.

RIP dad
So sorry for you and your family pal, cherished memories and his love of Rangers passing onto his granddaughter. He will be smiling up there watching our first game back. Take care.

Sorry for your loss,i'm sure he'll still be watching us from above.
3545206_f520.jpg

@blueballs

Sorry to hear of your sad news.

It's quite amazing how Rangers can bond people together. Such a nice legacy to leave his granddaughter too knowing she can follow in his footsetps.

It'll be tough when the next game is played and your first thought is to give him a shout to discuss the match and he's not there. The past memories will live with you forever though and make you smile whenever the games are mentioned.

Hope you're coping ok.

So sorry but it's wonderful that he managed to see 55. The rest of the family can see the trophies which will now follow.

RIP dad

So many Rangers fans died through the "banter years" and i'm glad yer Dad seen the Rangers win the League Premiership again, RiP

RIP dad

Sorry for your loss mate.

So happy your Dad got to see us back at the top.

RIP dad
Lovely words mate - so sorry for your loss.

RIP dad

Such a lovely tribute.

Your dad will be smiling down on you mate.

Sincere condolences.

Sorry to learn of your loss. That’s a fine tribute.

I would however recommend you mention his name and I can change the header - you’ll find it amazing, going on previous experience, how many old friends, neighbours and workmates will see it and be able to pay their respects.
Thanks mdingwall

His name was Graham Callan

Back