My dad seen Rangers back at the top before he passed away this afternoon - Graham Callan, Carluke

So sorry for your loss.i lost my dad at the same age as your dad and although not a rangers supporter like your dad like many from that generation he loved his “fitba “and to this day I miss our chats on the phone about a game I have just watched.cherish the memories and I am glad your dad got to see us back at the top.

Cheers Bro - hope this thread is of some comfort to you.
Thanks mdingwall

I really cant tell you how much of a comfort this thread has been, I never thought it would pan out this way

I've read every word of every reply, and as you can imagine, have been affected seriously by the kind words and comments

It shouldn't be a suprise, this is what the Rangers family is and does

My dad gave me Rangers, but Rangers then gave me my dad, and all those memories...and that strong bond carries on since his passing and in the future through my girl

Thanks mdingwall

I really cant tell you how much of a comfort this thread has been, I never thought it would pan out this way

I've read every word of every reply, and as you can imagine, have been affected seriously by the kind words and comments

My dad gave me Rangers, but Rangers then gave me my dad, and all those memories...and that strong bond carries on since his passing and in the future through my girl
You will never write a truer sentence than the last one there, nobody can take these memories from you.

Thanks mdingwall

There will be lots more memories to come, and your dad will be watching them being made from above.
God bless him and you and your family.

Graham was a good friend of mine. A fine upstanding bear. I feel a great sense of loss as you know blueballs . I know one thing for sure is that although he was proud of Rangers winning 55, he will be equally as proud of how you and your sister nursed him in the last few weeks. Respect to you both mate

So sorry to hear of your loss Blueballs, lovely tribute to your Dad. Also a lovely comment from bucks 72, he obviously knows how much you and your sister meant to your Dad.

Thinking of you all at such a difficult and sad time. Keep all the good memories close to your heart, they'll help you through the hard times ahead.

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad
May your dad RIP.

Back