My dad seen Rangers back at the top before he passed away this afternoon - Graham Callan, Carluke

Sorry to hear about the sad passing of your dad.
That is a lovely tribute to him that you have posted.
Sincere condolences to you and your family.

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad

Beautiful tribute to your old man mate. Sorry for your loss and thoughts with you and the family

Condolences. When that league flag is raised I've no doubt you'll be immensely proud of your dad and his allegiance through thick and thin. Always remember.

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad
Sorry to hear about your dad but also very glad to know he saw the return to the top.
Sadly my dad, who died on his 86 birthday five years ago, did not and the last game he watched on TV was us lose the 2016 cup final to Hibs.
He fell into a coma that he never came out of about 20 minutes after that game ended.

More than once over the last few years I've said only half joking "If I see 55 I'll die a happy man".

The frequency of Bears posting the loss of loved ones recently has induced a shiver in me that this is the reality for some Bears and their families.

I'm sorry for your loss OP. The Rangers journey your Dad travelled through life has resonated so clearly with me and I'm sure a lot of other older Bears.

Yet, amidst that, the pride in your post brought a smile. The baton your Dad handed to you is being passed on to another generation.

RIP dad
A fitting tribute to your dad the clearly brought you up the correct way and that legacy now lives on with you and his granddaughter, it’s no easy at the moment so many emotions, but you dad has given you a great strength and love of this great club, deepest sympathy and condolences to you all.

Your old man and mine gave us the gift of Glasgow Rangers. Sad time at the moment mate, but give it time and the good memories will take over.

My condolences.

RIP dad
Sorry for you loss mate. I’m glad he got to see us return to the summit.

Sorry for your loss, brother, but delighted your old man got to see 55. I'm not a religious man, but I know your old man will be with you cheering on 56 next May.

RIP dad
Sorry for your loss mate, your Dad will live on in you and your daughter. Best wishes.

RIP dad
So sad sorry for yours and our loss! So many sad losses recently.

RIP dad
Respect and condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace fellow bluenose. Glad your dad seen us back to the top where we belong. God bless him and all your family. He will be back at Ibrox in spirit.

RIP dad
Thanks for having the courage to share your Dads story, a proud bear indeed. God bless.

Sorry for your loss, which is tragic but the passing of the baton to a younger generation is what we all wish for, but he wish he could have had a good few years more of us at the top.

RIP dad
Brother ,my heart is with you tonight.
My dad passed away six years ago,I think about him every day.
Every day will get easier to remember the great times.
Ian.

Back