My dad seen Rangers back at the top before he passed away this afternoon - Graham Callan, Carluke

Sorry for your loss. Today would have been my dad's birthday... He passed in December, think of him everyday. Bit the same as yours by the sounds of. My dad was much of a talker unless you were talking about the rangers.
Thoughts are with you and your family.

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad
Tear in my eye reading that mate. God rest his soul.

A very poignant post OP. Very sorry for your loss, however I’m glad your old boy got to see 55. I’m sure your wee one will have many wonderful memories of her grandfather. Thoughts are with you and your family mate.

Sorry for your loss. Thank goodness your Dad saw his and your Team back where they belong.

RIP old fella. Take your place upstairs with a big smile on your face.

Sorry for your loss, he sounded like a great man.

I’m currently doing a charity walk throughout June for Cancer Research.

I’ll have him, and you, in my thoughts when I’m back out walking tomorrow morning.

Brought a tear that did pal.

All the best to your Old Man who shall be joining mine and many others in Blue Heaven tonight. May he rest easy.

After battling cancer, my 72yr old dad passed this afternoon and is now at peace

A Rangers fan of 60+ years, we still travelled home and away on the Supporters bus to watch his beloved.

My dad was an old school man, never showed much emotion. I can say with hand on heart that one of the abiding memories for me will be catching that sparkle in his eye and smile on his face the split second after Rangers scored. A love for the club that couldn't be hidden.

Thank you Rangers, the players, the fans, the bus, the pish stops on long away days, everything about this club that makes us what we are, cause it all came together and made my dad happy for his whole life.

Even with a terminal disease, he renewed his season ticket knowing full well that hed never be back and only doing so for his 11yr old granddaughter, who's recent love of Rangers made him proud.

RIP dad

Lump in the throat reading that mate, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had great times together, delighted he got to see us back on top.

Sorry for your loss, but the pride he had in supporting Rangers, having his family around and the reciprocal pride your family had of him shine through.
Unfortunately my father and some friends never got to see the Rangers getting back on top, but I know they all would be as proud as we are.
Keep these happy images and memories to the forefront during the difficult times ahead.
WATP and always will be

So sorry for your loss. Take care and think of all those Happy memories you had with him. My Dad passed in 2008 and prior to his death he used my email address when renewing his season book. (Old school, didn't have an email or mobile phone). Every year without fail I still get an email from Rangers wishing him a "Happy Birthday". Long may it continue.

RIP dad
Sounds like you guys had a great bond, especially through Rangers. So glad he got to see 55 and see it with you. Condolences to you and the family. May all those wonderful memories give you the strength to move forward. RIP

Thoughts are with you and your family, sorry for your loss.

He watched us through the good times and bad but ultimately saw us back where we belong.

Rest easy fellow Bear.

Sorry for your loss. A lovely tribute for your dad, and I’m glad he saw us get back to where we belong. Thoughts with you and your family

That my fellow Bear is a touching, moving and uplifting tribute to your Dad. I am sure he would be proud that you had found those words to post on FF. I am so glad, so so glad, that he got to see 55.
Words can seem trite as these times but condolences to you and the family.

RIP dad
Sorry for your loss OP. Thoughts with yourself and the family.

RIP dad
Lovely post buddy, may you and your family take comfort that he is now at peace.

May your father rest in peace. we are the people

RIP dad
What a great post mate! Your dad can rest easy now and watch The Rangers keep doing him proud.

So sorry for your loss. RIP

Sincere condolences for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. Your OP is a fitting tribute to man who like us all loved The Rangers.

Back