My Daughters first visit to Ibrox tomorrow

EastBelfastBear1872

Tomorrow will be my 63rd Rangers game that I’ll have attended, I always love going to support and cheer on my team. I’ve been a supporter basically since I was born, Its a big thanks to my Dad who has shown me the way of Follow Following our great club. He took me to Ibrox as a 5 year old, My first game was in October 1994 Vs Dundee United.

But for me this game vs St Johnstone regardless of the result will mean something special to me, The opportunity to take my 2 year old Daughter to her first ever Rangers game. She is excited and looking forward to going to see Rangers and also seeing Broxi Bear. She already knows quite a lot of songs and some of the players.

Hopefully she will enjoy it and it will be the first of many games that she will attend.

Take my advice.... Take a bag with a coloring book/Ipad/phone/ sweets/chocolate warm clothes because at 2 she will get bored after 30 mins

Started taking my daughter at around age 3/4 and by the time she was 8 she was shouting at Black for being a shite bag for pulling out of tackles but the early days were tough to keep her occupied

She'll love it but at 2 it'll be a challange for the full 90

Tomorrow will be my 63rd Rangers game that I’ll have attended, I always love going to support and cheer on my team. I’ve been a supporter basically since I was born, Its a big thanks to my Dad who has shown me the way of Follow Following our great club. He took me to Ibrox as a 5 year old, My first game was in October 1994 Vs Dundee United.

But for me this game vs St Johnstone regardless of the result will mean something special to me, The opportunity to take my 2 year old Daughter to her first ever Rangers game. She is excited and looking forward to going to see Rangers and also seeing Broxi Bear. She already knows quite a lot of songs and some of the players.

Hopefully she will enjoy it and it will be the first of many games that she will attend.

Hope she has a great time OP although don’t be too upset if the gets bored & restless.

Takes a while for kids to get used to going to the games & to really start enjoying them.

I say that having no kids of my own, but when I had my season ticket I had a little annoying fucker of a kid sat next to me but after a couple of seasons he got used to being at the games etc.

Was quite funny seeing his dad getting quite visibly pissed off with him in the beginning :D

A proud moment for any father. Remember taking ma two girls to there 1st game like it was yday. Snacks and iPad is ma advice!! Enjoy

Have a great day OP. Word of warning. I took my Grand Daughter when she was about the same age as your wee lassie. I let her pat the police horses before the game. She then boiled my brain for the next two hours to go back out to see the horses.:(

She's seventeen now and I've taken her to a few games this season. She now wants a season ticket, not beside her old Granda, but in with the Union Bears.

My daughter is 6 and this is her 1st season as a season ticket holder nothing better than see her belt out the blue sea of Ibrox bring a tear to a glass eye

Seen your photo of her in her Rangers strip on Twitter. Brilliant.

Great day taking your wee yin to their first game at Ibrox.

As has been said though, take something with you to entertain her as she will get bored with the football.

Brilliant. Enjoy. 2 years old is young, I first took mine to Ibrox when they were 5 ish and that was hard enough to keep them occupied. Some good advice on here. Whatever the age it’s always fantastic taking the youngsters to games and seeing them get so excited. I usually go with my son but he can’t make it this weekend so his younger sister joined me on the drive up from Wales last night. She’s as excited as she is gutted that Alfredo isn’t playing. Although I think that’s because she loves his song :))

2 is too young but still it will be an emotional day for you and who’s to say what the “ right” age is ?

Took mine at 5 and he loves it , to my amazement as I thought he would get bored .

His first game is the one memory I’ll always cherish though, three generations at the game me, my dad and my son .

Something not everyone gets to do and can’t be taken away from us .

Appreciate all the comments, As poor as the team and performance was today, It was a day I will never forget. Went to the Fan zone at Ibrox and she enjoyed playing football and seeing Broxi and his family. She got herself a scarf and was adamant she wasted one with the Rangers lion on it.

Got photos at Fan zone and Ibrox gates. She went for a nap and woke up 7 minutes into the game, She enjoyed the singing as I’ve season tickets in BF1, She sang along to some songs, She lost interest at some points but let’s be honest who didn’t today.

Although the result didn’t go the right way, I loved today and hopefully will have my little girl attend again in the near future.

Back