My Gers

Amcn12

Lot of unrest amongst fans with the my gers scenario, basically it looks like even if you are a ST holder ticked all the boxes yet you wont be considered for 'important' games unless you for out another £45. Rangers tend to forget where we were 10 years ago when thousands followed and kept the club afloat. To be treated like this is disgracefull, why should any fan be treated differently because they put £45 more into the club? Do we now have a 2 tier fan system depending on how much you can give to the club?

Lot of unrest amongst fans with the my gers scenario, basically it looks like even if you are a ST holder ticked all the boxes yet you wont be considered for 'important' games unless you for out another £45. Rangers tend to forget where we were 10 years ago when thousands followed and kept the club afloat. To be treated like this is disgracefull, why should any fan be treated differently because they put £45 more into the club? Do we now have a 2 tier fan system depending on how much you can give to the club?
We already have this with hospitality.

If you've had a season ticket for the past 5 years, have signed up to away games, all non ST home games and cup semis and finals in that period, you are rewarded for your loyalty, by being a Gold member.

The system isn't perfect, but it's way better than what we had previously.

If you've had a season ticket for the past 5 years, have signed up to away games, all non ST home games and cup semis and finals in that period, you are rewarded for your loyalty, by being a Gold member.

The system isn't perfect, but it's way better than what we had previously.
I agree with this and have done everything you said - I'm in silver (but have been successful in securing tickets this week so quite happy).

Demand for Mygers is through the roof - it will undoubtedly tail off next season as there just aren't enough away seats / opportunities that can make 30,000 fans happy.

Which games are you missing out on or is it just conjecture mate?

Because I'm high up in MyGers yet didn't get an Arsenal ticket. I've no idea what will happen yet for Brighton and Madrid. Nor do we know if MyGers will come into it for the competitive games.

If it does, then you're correct as Ibrox games with decent sized crowds should be open to all ST holders.

We just don't know yet.

Most folk are blowing the top because they’ve been a season ticket for 25 years etc are missing out because they didn’t do cccs, cup games or European aways.

If you’ve attempted to go to every game via the club in the last 5 years there’s a fair chance your in gold.

Bit daft do miss out on non st tickets for a season for the sake of 45 quid and not reading the information provided.

For those signed up this season to mygers have you received your parcel yet?

You’re being very calm and restrained. I’m impressed. Are you not well mate?;):)
I think pretty much every arguments been put forward already and it’s just a case of sitting back to see if I’m proven right or if I get proven wrong

If I’m wrong, I’ll happily hold my hands up and admit it but these general mygers threads we see popping up now are just a re-hash of old discussions and not covering new ground

I hate mygers but I’ve definitely reached a point that it’s a wee echo chamber. Just here to see people tie themselves in naughts over stuff that’s been discussed for 18 months :D

We already have this with hospitality.
Someone pays £6,000 for a season ticket that covers ALL games at Ibrox.
Someone else pays £550 plus £40 for MyGers for 19 league games at Ibrox.
Capacity is currently strictly limited.
Contractually who gets in?
If you were in the former group you would have no issues with not getting entry over the latter group?

I'm a MyGers member, I don't agree with it, I don't like the division it's causing, but at the same time, I don't let it get to me. I honestly couldn't care less what status I am. If it means I have a chance of away tickets or cup final tickets then that'll do me.

If you were in the former group you would have no issues with not getting entry over the latter group?
I’m not arsed about who pays what but hospitality getting away tickets etc really isn’t a new thing not sure why it’s even getting made a big deal out of now.

If you are in Silver Tier or above and have ticked the right boxes you are almost certainly going to have a very good chance of tickets for semis and finals.

If you aren’t, then it’s only right that those who have put in the time, effort and money to follow the team over the last 5 years get the chance ahead of you.

Last edited:
If you've spent so much money during our troubles to keep Rangers afloat and continue do do so, why the hell would you stall at another £45? Especially as you can see how much importance is attached to that £45.

It's Rangers who get your money, nobody else.

I'm a MyGers member, I don't agree with it, I don't like the division it's causing, but at the same time, I don't let it get to me. I honestly couldn't care less what status I am. If it means I have a chance of away tickets or cup final tickets then that'll do me.

The way the system is run is not right but something was required to sort out the allocation of tickets for the big games such as finals etc.

I've posted this before but in 2007/08 as in the years before, I went everywhere domestically with Rangers and missed no more than a handful of games all season in all competitions. Couldn't do Euro Aways due to work.

I didn't get a ticket for the UEFA Cup Final. There were multiple people I knew who signed up for the travel club just to go to the Barcelona game on a piss up. Never set foot even in Ibrox all season let alone another game.

They got tickets for the UEFA Cup Final and I missed out in the CCCS ballot.

Something like MyGers eliminates that and, although mine was a European story, there have been people with similar tales for domestic finals over the years as well.

Why shouldn't someone who has put in the time and money over years get the tickets for the big games?

But the current "have points for this" and "here's two hours notice that your tier is going on sale" is nothing more than a money grab and needs squared up sharpish.

I'd support it being solely in relation to tickets with certain percentages kept back for each tier, as now, so that people had a chance in every tier but with certain games only for Gold and certain ones only for Gold and Silver. That way Bronze would get the chance to "do their time" so to speak. In fact, perhaps some games could even be sold to Bronze first and go the opposite way so that as many as possible get the chance to move up IF they want to do Forfar away on a Wednesday night in the League Cup.

I’m not arsed about who pays what but hospitality getting away tickets etc really isn’t a new thing not sure why it’s even getting made a big deal out of now.
No big deal,just getting what we paid for and have done for more than 20 years,as you say,not a new thing but seems to be a big issue for some.

No big deal,just getting what we paid for and have done for more than 20 years,as you say,not a new thing but seems to be a big issue for some.
I’ve been helped out a few times through my mate in hospitality Fraserburgh and Celtic spring to mind, I’ve no complaints it’s just the way it works and has done like you say for as long as I remember

NONE of the initial discussions around a membership scheme (this was mooted years ago when I was involved with RST) touched on ticketing. The options were one scheme for shareholders (like a not shit Club 1872) and one for people without season tickets....to be part of things. No-one thought the existing, perfectly fine, ticketing system would be rolled into it.

I made decision not to join but understand why so many did. My reasons:

1. Not fair to charge £45 for system I had been in since the 80s...and had never paid for
2. Far fewer away tickets and no chance really of any plum ties
3. Away games less enjoyable due to small numbers, police, cameras and the general hostility
4. Not fair on RSCs who again face a chip, chip, chip....
5. Acknowledgement that at my age and decades of absolutely classic away games it is up to younger fans to shape the experience...I am in layman's terms a 'Lester Piggot' and do miss the old days.
6. Season ticket expensive enough for me

BUT I also accept that I won't be at a semi, final or away game and that's fair enough.

NONE of the initial discussions around a membership scheme (this was mooted years ago when I was involved with RST) touched on ticketing. The options were one scheme for shareholders (like a not shit Club 1872) and one for people without season tickets....to be part of things. No-one thought the existing, perfectly fine, ticketing system would be rolled into it.
Tickets were a key driver to the design of the mygers membership scheme and the club was open about that

I don’t know what membership scheme you’re on about but mygers has always incorporated tickets as far back as the first focus groups with RSCs

Tickets were a key driver to the design of the mygers membership scheme and the club was open about that

I don’t know what membership scheme you’re on about but mygers has always incorporated tickets as far back as the first focus groups with RSCs

I told you....inititial research years ago when RST was at its height.

This is a ticket tax.

Again, fair enough.

Mate, you seriously have to stop getting so offended when anyone has the nerve to challenge hospitality.

The poster clearly was suggesting it appears that there is a gulf in class between MyGers members and those that don’t have it. That money talks. I did not agree or disagree. I simply stated a fact, that this exists with hospitality, because it does.

I’m not even sure what you are talking about, assuming the friendlies. No one has mentioned friendlies. Is that the only perk hospitality gets? What about your away tickets? You have justified why you should be allowed in for friendlies, why should you get a bigger allocation of away tickets? Flag day, will all hospitality get in? Of course they will. Why? And if the answer is because you paid more for you ticket it kind of just proves the point I was making.

Seriously mate, chill. Have a prawn sandwich.

I’m on 1461 points an increase from 1425 points from last season yet I have dropped a tier without setting foot in a football stadium.

Yep, I know someone that's happened to as well and I don't agree with it.

As I said, it isn't perfect, but it definitely rewards supporters who have consistently supported the club, home and away, far better than just a random ballot.

I told you....inititial research years ago when RST was at its height.

This is a ticket tax.

Again, fair enough.

It's not really though. In relation to tickets, it means that majority of people getting to the big games are people who put the time in over a period of years.

I don't think we have the system right at all and it should solely relate to tickets and not points wherever they fancy but it does have a use ticketwise.

For example, I know that if if I keep doing what I'm doing and have done for 20 years then I will never miss a final in a CCCS ballot.

I did though quite liked the old way for away tickets where you just got allocated 5 games. The split was always reasonable and that'd mean you could just get points for signing up to away scheme rather than cos you're really fast,and able, to log into the website midday thru the week.

Your point about totally incorrect. Plenty got tickets who aren’t on MyGers for the Arsenal games.

Yep, I know someone that's happened to as well and I don't agree with it.

As I said, it isn't perfect, but it definitely rewards supporters who have consistently supported the club, home and away, far better than just a random ballot.
From a personal perspective I have never been a member of a bus so I’m hoping the new system benefits guys like myself who don’t have the fall back of a ‘Ticket off the bus’

Your point about totally incorrect. Plenty got tickets who aren’t on MyGers for the Arsenal games.
Normal ST holders that had ticked the friendlies cccs?

If so, hallelujah. I’m glad if that’s the case

Reactions: SE5
Do you think Rangers should change their financial strategy because you don't like it? If people are willing to pay which they are it's the system. Whining about it constantly isn't going to change anything.

From a personal perspective I have never been a member of a bus so I’m hoping the new system benefits guys like myself who don’t have the fall back of a ‘Ticket off the bus’

I think yesterday's distribution of 4k away tickets proved it will mate.

I get that not every supporter agrees with the idea of Mygers and thats fair enough, but not everyone agreed with the old way of ballots for away games. Our support is massive and it would be impossible to make a system fair that everyone would agree with. Personally I hope Mygers goes well in the sense that you register your interest like whats happened for Blackpool, rather than waiting for an email saying youve been success in a ballot for a game you might not be able to attend.

Normal ST holders that had ticked the friendlies cccs?

If so, hallelujah. I’m glad if that’s the case
I never knew that when I replied yesterday to you saying boys in silver had got but that’s even better as it’s done correctly

Correct i am in silver ,i thi k it because i dont do euro travel club. , i ended up in silver

Correct i am in silver ,i thi k it because i dont do euro travel club. , i ended up in silver

I'm suprised at that.

I know a lad who's never travelled abroad, but has done every home game outside the ST (including friendlies), plus away and cup semis and finals CCCS and he scraped into Gold.

Back