My Gers

I've got an ST (have had for donkey's years). I ticked every box have the full bifta RTV subscription, I buy stack loads of stuff and I'm Bronze.
Away games? If you have, as you say, done everything, and find yourself in Bronze I’d be checking your points total to see why it’s so low. Would be at least Silver if have done the lot for the full 5 years.

Tongue firmly in cheek and please take it in the spirit it is intended

There was always an element of a 2 tier system, just ask anyone in the travel club who paid to get priority access to tickets.
Season ticket holder’s on away scheme who did not pay the annual fee travel club were never going to be considered for tickets, unless in extraordinary circumstances (2008 UEFA final).

they have now integrated the travel club idea, with the previously free away cccs and box ticking method for allocation of tickets - which is called MyGers and charge an annual fee to give priority, those who don’t pay the annual fee are effectively ruling themselves out of applying for tickets.

as for friendlies, until things return to normal there will always be those who miss out - particularly those who are not signed up for a MyGers account which gives priority in the purchase of home tickets as stated in terms and conditions
They can stick my gers up their jacksy it's just a con to squeeze more money from faithful St holders the club should be ashamed of themselves, tho what I read about Bisgrove I would not hold my breath on that.

Away games?
Away games, but not friendlies. £17.25 per month RTV, I forked out a number of thousands in shares at the recent launch, my Gers membership last year and this year. Basically they are getting my monthly pay packet and I'm bronze and not bronze, nearly silver, more bronze nearly tin.

You don't get points for buying merchandise.
I don’t think that will too long in coming in though. X amount of points per £100. Anytime you refresh your inbox you are getting an email from the club selling you something.

Hopefully I’m proved wrong and it remains solely on tickets.

Away games, but not friendlies. £17.25 per month RTV, I forked out a number of thousands in shares at the recent launch, my Gers membership last year and this year. Basically they are getting my monthly pay packet and I'm bronze and not bronze, nearly silver, more bronze nearly tin.
For the full 5 years? Somebody did post a breakdown of all possible points over the last 5 years but I can’t find it.

Don’t have many problems with MyGers, I can see it for what it is, a cash making scheme for the club - and I thought a membership scheme was long overdue btw - but it’s worrying that it appears to be being used to determine priority for home matches. This should not be the case in my opinion, regardless of a reduced capacity season ticket holders should be treated equally without MyGers status.

What you have now is the look at me I’m Gold tier , every fan is equal in my eyes no one is more staunchest so to speak cause they buy more stuff out the Rangers store or build up points or RTV when people who have followed Rangers all their lives Now can’t afford or feel to old to wear training gear ect
Exactly mate, I'm with you on that, where was the my gers gold members when a few years ago me and my family were sitting freezing in a 20,000 crowd watching us play Ayr utd, nowhere, like snow off a dyke some of them, I am watching this season and if as I suspect there is little chance of my family getting to Ibrox then when the hands go out next season for another grand from us for S tickets plus hundreds for merchandise then maybe I will inform the club to go to the priveledged my gers to take up my renewals.

It'll be interesting to see how they allocate league games to ST holders for reduced attendances as if its done on a point basis I am as well to give up my ST.

Exactly mate, I'm with you on that, where was the my gers gold members when a few years ago me and my family were sitting freezing in a 20,000 crowd watching us play Ayr utd, nowhere, like snow off a dyke some of them, I am watching this season and if as I suspect there is little chance of my family getting to Ibrox then when the hands go out next season for another grand from us for S tickets plus hundreds for merchandise then maybe I will inform the club to go to the priveledged my gers to take up my renewals.
Nah vast majority in fact I’ll go as far as all of us in gold were there and have been there long before the lower divisions as well.

I don’t think that will too long in coming in though. X amount of points per £100. Anytime you refresh your inbox you are getting an email from the club selling you something.

Hopefully I’m proved wrong and it remains solely on tickets.

I think that would cause uproar and defeat the purpose of MyGers mate.

Membership would decline dramatically.

I am losing the will to live on all this. I thought MyGers was about "regulation" of away games and nothing to do with home games. I have not this time signed up for CCCS as, moving ahead with life, there might be the odd home domestic cup match particularly midweek that I am unable to attend. I have no enthusiasm now for priority for tickets for semis/finals as I hate Hampden and I would not dream of attending one played at that other place. However, if I now find that I am way down the priority list for one of the limited places available for this year's home CL qualifiers ( or the group stage if we qualify) I am going to be mightily hacked off.

I am losing the will to live on all this. I thought MyGers was about "regulation" of away games and nothing to do with home games. I have not this time signed up for CCCS as, moving ahead with life, there might be the odd home domestic cup match particularly midweek that I am unable to attend. I have no enthusiasm now for priority for tickets for semis/finals as I hate Hampden and I would not dream of attending one played at that other place. However, if I now find that I am way down the priority list for one of the limited places available for this year's home CL qualifiers ( or the group stage if we qualify) I am going to be mightily hacked off.
You’ll be fine without it for CL qualifiers they’re several posts saying non mygers members were allocated tickets for Arsenal. Tickets going by this are being balloted between those that have ticked the CCCS box

You’ll be fine without it for CL qualifiers they’re several posts saying non mygers members were allocated tickets for Arsenal. Tickets going by this are being balloted between those that have ticked the CCCS box
Doubt it, remember there’s a home cup game cccs box

But you now know what may happen. It’s you that has decided not to tick that box and not to join MyGers despite knowing this.

I think you may have a valid point regarding CL qualifier and Group stages- every fear is totally dependent upon Scottish government letting in all fans, reduced capacity will be problematic for many that do not get access to a game due to political restrictions rather than Covid probability after vaccine rollout

But you now know what may happen. It’s you that has decided not to tick that box and not to join MyGers despite knowing this.

MyGers would not even need to be a consideration if the club had just put the 50 quid on the cost of the season ticket ( which I have held for more years than I care to remember). The problem with CCCS is that for a fairly short notice midweek cup match you get charged for the ticket and if you cannot attend you are never going to even give the ticket away for a game against lower league opposition. On two season tickets that is money you don't want to throw away.

I'm a MyGers member, I don't agree with it, I don't like the division it's causing, but at the same time, I don't let it get to me. I honestly couldn't care less what status I am. If it means I have a chance of away tickets or cup final tickets then that'll do me.
[/
The club is in an impossible situation regarding tickets at present through no fault of its own. No matter what method was used to decide who gets in, there would be people unhappy. The club will NEVER please everyone so it’s as well pleasing itself.

If you've had a season ticket for the past 5 years, have signed up to away games, all non ST home games and cup semis and finals in that period, you are rewarded for your loyalty, by being a Gold member.

The system isn't perfect, but it's way better than what we had previously.

Totally agree with you mate. There is never going to be a system that pleases everyone.

Folk complaining about £45/50 would have saved that on tickets from last season (presumably) so what's the big deal putting some extra cash into the club

I'm suprised at that.

I know a lad who's never travelled abroad, but has done every home game outside the ST (including friendlies), plus away and cup semis and finals CCCS and he scraped into Gold.

That's the position I am in. Have travelled abroad but never had a ticket through the official means. Feel like I have done everything apart from buy the duck but just scraped into Gold

Totally agree with you mate. There is never going to be a system that pleases everyone.

Folk complaining about £45/50 would have saved that on tickets from last season (presumably) so what's the big deal putting some extra cash into the club
I’ve kept counsel thus far but that’s taking the piss. It’s money we would’ve saved from last season :D

We paid for a ST we didn’t use and the mygers fee was essentially the price rise. We saved fu.ck all

I’ve kept counsel thus far but that’s taking the piss. It’s money we would’ve saved from last season :D

We paid for a ST we didn’t use and the mygers fee was essentially the price rise. We saved fu.ck all

Okay, look at it another way, how much income did the club lose out on? The club would have been hit far more in the pocket last year than most folk realise.

Okay, look at it another way, how much income did the club lose out on? The club would have been hit far more in the pocket last year than most folk realise.
The big loss would’ve been European home gates and hospitality for these games

They had reduced policing costs/catering etc for league games so I don’t think they’ll have been as badly affected as people make out

Though, regardless, that’s a completely different point you’ve just made from what I replied to

The big loss would’ve been European home gates and hospitality for these games

They had reduced policing costs/catering etc for league games so I don’t think they’ll have been as badly affected as people make out

Though, regardless, that’s a completely different point you’ve just made from what I replied to

My point is would you not have spent money going to the games, in and around the stadium? Programmes?

My point is would you not have spent money going to the games, in and around the stadium? Programmes?
You wouldn’t normally pay £500 for something you don’t use, never mind an extra £40 for a scheme that had no use last season

You could say I’ve saved thousands because I couldn’t go to euro trips, it’s completely irrelevant

We saved %^*& all as I said

MyGers would not even need to be a consideration if the club had just put the 50 quid on the cost of the season ticket ( which I have held for more years than I care to remember). The problem with CCCS is that for a fairly short notice midweek cup match you get charged for the ticket and if you cannot attend you are never going to even give the ticket away for a game against lower league opposition. On two season tickets that is money you don't want to throw away.
I’m not saying I agree with it, the point im making is that at least you know the situation.

I can’t see a non season ticket holder who has MyGers given a ticket for any game before a season ticket holder has the option to purchase first.

You do know points are, currently at least, accrued over 5 years? And there are no points for buying the merchandise?

Yes, points can be ‘gained’ by things like the Edmiston House thing but, by and large, points will be accrued by ST purchase, the various CCCS and by attendance at matches away from home and in Europe. Do all that and you will be at, or very close to, Gold Tier. That is precisely what the guys who currently reside there have done so, in fairness, they deserve first dibs on tickets.
I've been a season ticket holder for 31 years.

Well, if you've attended all home cup and friendlies over the past 5 years, as well as signing up for away games, plus all semis and finals, over the same period, then you will scrape into the Gold Tier mate.

Well, if you've attended all home cup and friendlies over the past 5 years, as well as signing up for away games, plus all semis and finals, over the same period, then you will scrape into the Gold Tier mate.
I have signed up to all of the above bar friendlies and despite being gold last season, have now dropped to silver.

To get the extra 50 points I need would mean spending a few quid I don't have on the Edmiston House membership. I can't see how I can close the gap otherwise.

That' a great commitment mate but of no relevance to what we are discussing. As I said, its the last 5 seasons that matter. So, you've your ST. Did you sign up to CCCS, home friendlies, attend away games, any games in Europe, semi finals and finals? That's the other 'matchday' stuff that gets you points.

I have signed up to all of the above bar friendlies and despite being gold last season, have now dropped to silver.

To get the extra 50 points I need would mean spending a few quid I don't have on the Edmiston House membership. I can't see how I can close the gap otherwise.
Why not just recognise you are in Silver and not go spending heard-earned cash on stuff you neither need nor want in order to get into Gold? Probably the only game it would seriously hamper you for would be the DhimDome and, let's face it, scraping into Gold isn't going to get you a ticket for that in any case.

Why not just recognise you are in Silver and not go spending heard-earned cash on stuff you neither need nor want in order to get into Gold? Probably the only game it would seriously hamper you for would be the DhimDome and, let's face it, scraping into Gold isn't going to get you a ticket for that in any case.
I don’t think that’s the case - looking at how the tickets were dished out for the Blackpool game I think the numbers on silver are possibly less than what was on the away CCCS the last couple of years.

I take your pont but the range within the silver category is huge.

Im a bawhair away from Gold, but I'm not sure how or if I can bridge the gap. I go to every game that I can get tickets for, bar Euro away which I can't afford just now. I've had a ST for 30 years, always sign up for home matches and in the past 6-7 years started going away again.

I also buy kits for my son at considerable expense but that doesn't count towards mygers for some reason.

Someone with 300-400 less points, which is a lot of hard earned loyalty, has the same chance of tickets as me.

Lot of unrest amongst fans with the my gers scenario, basically it looks like even if you are a ST holder ticked all the boxes yet you wont be considered for 'important' games unless you for out another £45. Rangers tend to forget where we were 10 years ago when thousands followed and kept the club afloat. To be treated like this is disgracefull, why should any fan be treated differently because they put £45 more into the club? Do we now have a 2 tier fan system depending on how much you can give to the club?
Because we are putting more money into the Club.

I take your pont but the range within the silver category is huge.

Im a bawhair away from Gold, but I'm not sure how or if I can bridge the gap. I go to every game that I can get tickets for, bar Euro away which I can't afford just now. I've had a ST for 30 years, always sign up for home matches and in the past 6-7 years started going away again.

I also buy kits for my son at considerable expense but that doesn't count towards mygers for some reason.

Someone with 300-400 less points, which is a lot of hard earned loyalty, has the same chance of tickets as me.
Long term, euro away games will be your best bet to bridge the gap if you don’t want to buy the additional mygers shit like pin the tail on broxi, cuddles with broxi, watch along, woman’s games etc

Anyone know if these friendlies get issued points?

Could be a little unfair since they went to ballot then onto the clusterf£ck that followed.

Just have to take a look in the Ticket Office on here just now to see how the MyGers system will get played. Currently 23 different posts for tickets for this weekend.
Rangers only gave you the offer of a ticket for the games, You had to actually purchase the ticket yourself, you didn't have to take Rangers up on the offer if you couldn't go.
Not saying all of them are in that situation but I'd bet the vast majority of them were bought just to get the MyGers points.

Just have to take a look in the Ticket Office on here just now to see how the MyGers system will get played. Currently 23 different posts for tickets for this weekend.
Rangers only gave you the offer of a ticket for the games, You had to actually purchase the ticket yourself, you didn't have to take Rangers up on the offer if you couldn't go.
Not saying all of them are in that situation but I'd bet the vast majority of them were bought just to get the MyGers points.
Should the club be putting pressure on forums to stop them allowing it happening?

Unsure how you police it. For Blackpool I got offered a few spares, one of the boys on the bus ended up with 4 and everyone who wanted one got sorted. All whilst mygers members were unable to purchase

The system will get gamed to the max

They can stick my gers up their jacksy it's just a con to squeeze more money from faithful St holders the club should be ashamed of themselves, tho what I read about Bisgrove I would not hold my breath on that.
Mygers was the result of a lengthy fan's survey.
It won't please everyone, but it definitely rewards the most loyal.
It has its faults.

I'm currently silver. I don't go to away games and expect I'll drop down to bronze eventually.
That's tough titty on me though.

Mygers was the result of a lengthy fan's survey.
It won't please everyone, but it definitely rewards the most loyal.
It has its faults.

I'm currently silver. I don't go to away games and expect I'll drop down to bronze eventually.
That's tough titty on me though.
Without starting mygers rant version 1872 here, it doesn’t reward loyalty but I agree it was the result of feedback;

- ST crying they couldn’t access euro aways for glamour ties
- Foreign fans crying they couldn’t get away/euro away tickets when they travel over
- As a way of trying to sort the numbers that were in the old away CCCS

My points have increased by 10. Checked purchase history and it’s 5 each for Brighton and Madrid. So they are offering points for friendlies even though not everyone got chance to buy? Anyone who went to Arsenal get points for it?

Back