My Name Is Francesco Totti

Will watch it if it’s on catch up, an absolute hero who deserved more from the game.

Did anyone ever try to get him away from Roma?. I have Madrid in my head but could be totally wrong.

Anyone else watching this on Sky? Incredible documentary narrated by Totti himself. Mesmerising. What a player. Fantastic story of his footballing life, great footage, and unmissable if you like football.
Recording it. Wife and daughter are watching some shite about 80s music at present :(

Anyone else watching this on Sky? Incredible documentary narrated by Totti himself. Mesmerising. What a player. Fantastic story of his footballing life, great footage, and unmissable if you like football.
What sky channel is it on?

Will watch it if it’s on catch up, an absolute hero who deserved more from the game.

Did anyone ever try to get him away from Roma?. I have Madrid in my head but could be totally wrong.
He has won nearly everything. Title, World Cup. He was incredibly loyal to Roma, and for that he has won respect as well.
This is honestly the best football documentary I have seen.

Madrid im sure round about the time they signed Beckham.

A wonderful Striker with an attitude that Elite European clubs may never see the likes of again.

He has won nearly everything. Title, World Cup. He was incredibly loyal to Roma, and for that he has won respect as well.
This is honestly the best football documentary I have seen.
Glad to hear, I loved him so will hopefully get a chance to view it. It’s a travesty he doesn’t have a CL & more league titles, was what I meant though!.

I remember watching the scenes and aftermath of his last appearance at the Olympic stadium. Absolutely incredible.

My favourite Italian player of all time a maverick that was loyal to the club he supported as a boy captained them and won the league with them.

My favourite player of all time.

You'll be hard pressed to find a more under appreciated footballer (only in Britain though), an absolute genius who stuck with his club through the worst times despite having enormous offers to join the likes of Madrid.

Had he done that, he could have easily won a Ballon d'Or and countless trophies, but he didn't care and preferred Roma. Everything you could want from a player at your club.

The scenes at 85 mins when 3-0 up on Parma to win the league then the fans just stream onto the park

coppolo must have wanted to pull his hair out

Thought it was a good watch. Alot of emotion from the Roma fans towards him in his final game. Very similar to Gerrard in terms of his relationship with the Liverpool support and the loyalty he showed to the club over the course of his career.

Met a couple of Roma fans in our hotel in Moscow when we played Spartak a couple of years ago. Think it was CSKA they played the night before. Got talking to them about football, really nice guys and kept in touch ever since, so i like to see them doing well as a club. Also think they've got a wee soft spot for Rangers now too as the last time one of them got in touch, he was watching the old firm game back home in Italy delighted with our 2-0 win.

Last edited:
I remember his last game v us at the San Siro, the Curva Sud had a big banner up with his name on it, they were chanting his name throughout the game. He definitely got a legends send off from Milan. Final score Milan 1-4 Roma.
SempreMilan. ❤️

A top class player,admirable loyalty.
I remember watching a champions league game a few years back,Manchester City v Roma, he was outstanding and scored an excellent goal, I think he was about 37 at the time.

Watched it last night and it was outstanding.

I'm terms of romance and football Totti at Roma is at the very top of the list.

Knocking back £15M per year to join Madrid and the Galactios to stay at your club in your own city is unheard of.

Was a big fan of him before last night.. I'm an even bigger fan now.

Incredible player and rightly treated like a God in Rome.

I remember watching his leaving speech : God it was so emotional. Fans were sobbing their hearts out.
He was a genius.
What was the programme called and what channel?

I remember watching his leaving speech : God it was so emotional. Fans were sobbing their hearts out.
He was a genius.
What was the programme called and what channel?
Programme name is the name of the thread, it was on the Sky Documentary channel

Back