My Name Is Francesco Totti

An simply outstanding footballer. Had the lot and his choice of clubs but chose to stay loyal to the only team he could ever see himself playing for.

The respect he has in Italy is not really replicated across Europe/rest of World for some reason. I think a couple of the negative incidents throw a shadow over his character. A real mark of the man that he addresses them in this.

Looking forward to watching this.

Was a brilliant watch he comes across as a guy who lived his dream played for and captained his club and loved every second of the playing side but was hounded by the press so life off the pitch was difficult imagine not being able to walk the streets of your home city without being constantly bothered by your own fans and opponents fans

Anyone else watching this on Sky? Incredible documentary narrated by Totti himself. Mesmerising. What a player. Fantastic story of his footballing life, great footage, and unmissable if you like football.
I’ve recorded it

What a humble guy. A rare thing in modern day football... loyalty
Also to come back from that injury and be part of winning a World Cup.

Watched it today - thanks for the tip.

Well produced and unique to see that footage from youth all the way through to world Cup winner, really is roy of the rovers stuff.

Won't see many if any like that again!

Cracking player maybe a bit underrated by today's generation of fans
Was always one of my first picks on the sun dream team when it came to the world cup or euros.

Superb player. Scored belters very regularly.

Also remember him being fantastic in 1 of the early pro evolution games on ps2

Totti made Roma my second team growing up, and I think that's the case for a lot of people around my age. He and Roma became a sort of 'neutrals favourite' and I know my interest in Roma waned once he retired and then evaporated once De Rossi left as well.
Will need to get this watched, favourite ever player out with Rangers.

I realise i am in a minority here but I always thought he was a tad over rated and often flattered to deceive .
Entitled to your opinion but watch his games again.
Vision and passing not to mention goal scoring at all levels, are world class.
Because he stayed a Roma, he never gets the credit he is due.
A legend in the true sense of the word.

Absolutely loved it. Very emotional at the end. Crazy to think he was still playing Serie A football into his 40s. Didn’t realise he never played again for Italy after the 2006 World Cup.

Thanks guys, glad to I remembered Madrid correctly. Couldn’t have told you about Milan though, who were my Italian team growing up.
Think Milan tried to sign him after they won the European Cup again in 03.

I could have remembered this wrong but I think I read somewhere that the pitch was look at Nesta (who was thought to be Lazio's equivalent - homegrown player, would never leave etc) and what he's achieved.

One of my favourite players of all time and was lucky enough to see him play once, albeit right at the end of his career.

Think Milan tried to sign him after they won the European Cup again in 03.

I could have remembered this wrong but I think I read somewhere that the pitch was look at Nesta (who was thought to be Lazio's equivalent - homegrown player, would never leave etc) and what he's achieved.
Thanks mate, certainly makes sense. Honestly couldn’t imagine him in another strip.

Downloaded it, looking forward to sitting down watching it.

As a side roma have always had cracking strips.

Shearer was.

A few are missing my point.

I’m not saying he wasn’t. I’m saying that Hoddle would day Totti isn’t because he played at Roma all his life and not a super club, yet he’d probably say Shearer was world class even though he only played for Blackburn and Newcastle

Can you imagine that happening here?..........Nope, neither can I and rightly so.

the nearest ive seen to it was when Alan Stubbs was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer and there was a banner in the govan rear saying 'Good Luck Alan'

Just finished it. It was a cracking watch.

On a side note - Roma's fans don't come across at all well in it.

Attacked Giannini in his car when he was with his family, completely ruined his farewell match, chucked a bottle at Totti when he was stood talking to them and then almost cost them the Scudetto by doing a pitch invasion with 5 minutes to go in a title match including stripping both sides of their kits and boots.

They're not right in the head.

Just finished it. It was a cracking watch.

On a side note - Roma's fans don't come across at all well in it.

Attacked Giannini in his car when he was with his family, completely ruined his farewell match, chucked a bottle at Totti when he was stood talking to them and then almost cost them the Scudetto by doing a pitch invasion with 5 minutes to go in a title match including stripping both sides of their kits and boots.

They're not right in the head.

it wasnt even a match that was in the balance, they were hammering Parma 3-0

Cappelo looked at the end of his tether

Good watch, supporter scene incredible in Italy as well - always seems to shine through in these Docs.

Back