My proposed solution to the fairly end the league and still determin champions

BlatterPatter

Ok, so first of all, I know it is likely too late but still a chance the disgraceful vote which called the average points to determine league placings will get annulled after Hearts (losing out on league reconstruction) win in court.

So my proposed solution is that to decide on the champions we play Celtic in 3 one off games which would be a great spectacle and also would respect that they have a decent lead as things stand.

We play first at theirs and 2nd at Ibrox. If they take anything from these games they win the league. If we win both them the league goes to a final league decider which would also be at theirs (maybe have to be considering here lead) and would be played to a finish (penalties if required). This would mean if they are not scared to play us then should agree to it and would be presented as a way give them a respected title have to go and win it on the park rather than with a corrupt vote. It also means we have a respectable chance and means everyone could move on if it could be agreed

They are still determined to play Scottish cup and that is 3 games and league much more important and has CL places so should be possible to fit in somewhere!

I know it's a bit mental and no chance of it happening but thoughts on whether it would be a decent option. If we got the media on our side trumping it up ( I know very unlikely) then it could fly. It would be potentially very exciting and the TV companies am sure we be very keenand so could save on the 10m quid and we know that cash is key in scottish fitbaw. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Also going to say on Hearts and relegation. Also could negotiate some kind of football play off so that it is decided on the park.

Ok, so first of all, I know it is likely too late but still a chance the disgraceful vote which called the average points to determine league placings will get annulled after Hearts (losing out on league reconstruction) win in court.

So my proposed solution is that to decide on the champions we play Celtic in 3 one off games which would be a great spectacle and also would respect that they have a decent lead as things stand.

We play first at theirs and 2nd at Ibrox. If they take anything from these games they win the league. If we win both them the league goes to a final league decider which would also be at theirs (maybe have to be considering here lead) and would be played to a finish (penalties if required). This would mean if they are not scared to play us then should agree to it and would be presented as a way give them a respected title have to go and win it on the park rather than with a corrupt vote. It also means we have a respectable chance and means everyone could move on if it could be agreed

They are still determined to play Scottish cup and that is 3 games and league much more important and has CL places so should be possible to fit in somewhere!

I know it's a bit mental and no chance of it happening but thoughts on whether it would be a decent option. If we got the media on our side trumping it up ( I know very unlikely) then it could fly. It would be potentially very exciting and the TV companies am sure we be very keenand so could save on the 10m quid and we know that cash is key in scottish fitness. Re: the Hearts relegarionnissueThoughts?

sorry but that’s ridiculous. If we were 13 points ahead I wouldnt agree to this idea. The only options were to finish the season behind closed doors or null and void it.

Yeah I understand that but if the previous vote was annulled then we would be in a much stronger bargaining position. Doncasters and others jobs' would be untenable unless they came out with a solution fast. Add to this that Celtic could not be declared champions unless something was voted through and clubs be would be far more aware and willing to speak up this time after a third of them wanted an in investigation.

sorry but that’s ridiculous. If we were 13 points ahead I wouldnt agree to this idea. The only options were to finish the season behind closed doors or null and void it.
13 points with a game in hand, becomes 10, then the 2 games against them is the same as I have suggested ie. We need to win both to have a chance (in the league this would be down to 4) which is then a one of game at their home park which gives them massive advantage. It could maybe be tweaked so we would need to win the 3rd game outright as well, but I think u have a starting point for negotiating what would be way of finishing it on the park which is what football is all about.

Last edited:
Let them have this abortion of a title.

Deep down they know it’s bogus and it renders their claims to nine and ten in a row more or less worthless.

The only fair way is finish the campaign or null and void. My first thought was a comment at work made to me years ago. It's not the Ministry for Good Ideas you're working for son.

They had two games left v us. Had we won both as we would need to do in your proposal, the gap was still 4 so doesn't make sense to me mate.

I know it's a bit mental and no chance of it happening but thoughts on whether it would be a decent option. If we got the media on our side trumping it up ( I know very unlikely) then it could fly. It would be potentially very exciting and the TV companies am sure we be very keenand so could save on the 10m quid and we know that cash is key in scottish fitbaw. Thoughts?
My idea would be that both us and them play scheduled games at the same time. We keep playing until it becomes mathematically impossible for us to catch them.
Our first game would be the OF at Ibrox, we then play our game in hand. Now, if we didnt win both , its over so fair enough. if we did though, we need to keep going, the pressure would all be on them.
I think similar for the EPL. Just make Liverpool play 2 games in a week- if they win both , no one can catch them , so call the season. if they dont, you play on until the maths decides it one way or the other

Deep down they know it’s bogus and it renders their claims to nine and ten in a row more or less worthless.
You don’t really believe that they think it’s bogus do you? To a man, they believe they have 9 in a row, and are heading for 10, nothing will dissuade them from that.

If the corrupt vote is anulled then they wouldnt be champions tho!

Another solution would need to be found. Null & void would be the more likely option but teams would want to avoid this and this solution puts sporting merit at its heart and also would mean the TV companies could get on onboard and start painting scottish football in a much better light with an exciting end of season finale!

If hearts win in court they’ll get a settlement, it won’t change the league placings because the case won’t be heard until well after the league restarts

My idea would be that both us and them play scheduled games at the same time. We keep playing until it becomes mathematically impossible for us to catch them.
Our first game would be the OF at Ibrox, we then play our game in hand. Now, if we didnt win both , its over so fair enough. if we did though, we need to keep going, the pressure would all be on them.
I think similar for the EPL. Just make Liverpool play 2 games in a week- if they win both , no one can catch them , so call the season. if they dont, you play on until the maths decides it one way or the other
In England there are another 3 CL places and 3 Europa places up for grabs, do you keep playing until that is settled? Because I’m certain Man Utd would demand that, as they still have a decent chance of finishing fourth.

Nobody would agree to that. You forget the corrupt spfl have set this whole thing up to appease Celtic and hand them the title.

In England there are another 3 CL places and 3 Europa places up for grabs, do you keep playing until that is settled? Because I’m certain Man Utd would demand that, as they still have a decent chance of finishing fourth.
Sorry, should have said. In england, they vote and agree to end season with current placing, once the winner is settled. So, liverpool win those 2 games- season over , position you are in . If it has to continue, you play until liverpool or man city win it outright, soon as this happens - season is declared with all placings as they are at the time.
I know it wont happen, but its fun to think about!!

If the corrupt vote is anulled then they wouldnt be champions tho!

Another solution would need to be found. Null & void would be the more likely option but teams would want to avoid this and this solution puts sporting merit at its heart and also would mean the TV companies could get on onboard and start painting scottish football in a much better light with an exciting end of season finale!

It won’t be annulled.

just lets beat them on the park next season.

9 in a row is a load of rubbish , we were not in the league for 4 seasons, deducted 10 points in anothwer and an incomplete season ....... 3 in a row is all it is..... whole thing is a joke we should treat it like that.

Give it no ceredence at all , laugh when anyone mentions it.

13 points with a game in hand, becomes 10, then the 2 games against them is the same as I have suggested ie. We need to win both to have a chance (in the league this would be down to 4) which is then a one of game at their home park which gives them massive advantage. It could maybe be tweaked so we would need to win the 3rd game outright as well, but I think u have a starting point for negotiating what would be way of finishing it on the park which is what football is all about.
Nobody is there right mind would agree to that :)) It would be laughed at

Why would anybody agree to the OP's suggestion?

We were 13 points behind Celtic on lack of merit. Best of 3 competition to ignore the 13 point gap? A complete non-starter.

If hearts win in court they’ll get a settlement, it won’t change the league placings because the case won’t be heard until well after the league restarts
Well that in itself would surely mean the 3 stooges had to go our biggest problem then would be to try and ensure other placemen for Celtic were not found.Get rid of Nolan who look for candidates would be a must.

No chance.

We’ve got the beating of them head to head and they know it, so would never agree to it.

It also isn’t fair.

Why would anybody agree to the OP's suggestion?

We were 13 points behind Celtic on lack of merit. Best of 3 competition to ignore the 13 point gap? A complete non-starter.
Which is likely a 10 point gap with in hand played. Now 3 games against them if we would have to win is worth 9 points. And they have home advantage so that would make it 9.5.

The only way this suggestion is possible is if Hearts won the legal case and the vote was determined to be illegal. In which case this would be far better option for that lot as opposed to null and void as they would be massive favourites and would be a more legitimate title. Also could save the spfl a shed load of money and bring club football in scotland more together and the media would also have something to talk about and look forward to.

Agree with those that said ain't at all likely to happen but thought I d put it out there as a possible solution if things go to court and hearts won as I think they will.

Think op is enjoying the nice weather and a few (dozen) cans, :), hes right about 1 thing though if it was going to be decided there should have been a play off between the top 2.

But that would have been so unfair on sellik, jesso, fs.

Which is likely a 10 point gap with in hand played. Now 3 games against them if we would have to win is worth 9 points. And they have home advantage so that would make it 9.5.

The only way this suggestion is possible is if Hearts won the legal case and the vote was determined to be illegal. In which case this would be far better option for that lot as opposed to null and void as they would be massive favourites and would be a more legitimate title. Also could save the spfl a shed load of money and bring club football in scotland more together and the media would also have something to talk about and look forward to.

Agree with those that said ain't at all likely to happen but thought I d put it out there as a possible solution if things go to court and hearts won as I think they will.

So even if we won all 3 games, Celtic would still be at least a point ahead (not counting the game in hand).

Here's a solution - Don't absolutely %^*& things after the winter break and don't be bigger bottle crashers than Hamburg.

Leaving aside everything else it doesn't make sense mate...

You say we play them twice and if they take anything from either then they win the league? So if they draw the first one with us why would we have to play them again for the second game?

Leaving aside everything else it doesn't make sense mate...

You say we play them twice and if they take anything from either then they win the league? So if they draw the first one with us why would we have to play them again for the second game?
Sure u can think of a solution to this yourself. I did say could be tweaked.

Back