My reply from Ruth Davidson’s office ref Michelle Gray and all the other poor victims

Lainey Love

Dear

Thank you for your email to Ruth Davidson MSP.

As you will have seen from her out of office, Ruth has recently begun a period of maternity leave. During her absence, the office is fielding correspondence.

If you are able to give me a call on xxxx I'd be happy to discuss the issue with you. Alternatively, I would be happy to call you at a convenient time if you pass on your details.

As you say, this is shocking case and I recognise the distress of Michelle Gray and the other families affected.

I hope to hear from you and thank you, once again, for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----

The problem for me is that I am useless an a tongue tied wreck on the phone, therefor I’m looking for some help/advice before making the call

Last edited:
Ask them why they are not calling out Nicola Sturgeons lack of action or lack of sympathy in the Scottish Parliament.

They could make her look silly with her total disregard for this subject. And also the fact she has omitted religious and sporting institutions from the historical child abuse enquiry, WHY??

Justice for the victims.

Last edited:
By the way this is the email I sent to everyone of the Conservative MSP’s

Please don’t rip it to shreds, I never actually learned I read and write till my late 20’s

Subject: Child abuse!!!

Dear Ms Davidson

I am both saddened and surprised that as a fellow conservative and a woman you have not commented on the historical child abuse that had been uncovered within the realm of Glasgow Celtic Football club, there has already been one conviction ( the second for similar offences by J Ames Torbett) and there are 3 more cases pending. I’m appalled that as a conservative lady such as yourself has not even offered a crumb of support to Michelle Gray ( the sister of one of the victims) or the dozens of others who have come forward. Michelle sent the FM the following message which Ms Sturgeon did not have the common descency to even acknowledge @NicolaSturgeon Let me tell you what’s OUTRAGEOUS. My 12 year old brothers life being destroyed by a man who was backed & supported by people in authority. A man who sexually abused my brother, continuously!! That’s what I consider OUTRAGEOUS! Not a last minute meeting request!!

And here is a follow up from Michelle

Michelle Gray‏ @michellegray75 3h3 hours ago Michelle Gray Retweeted Michelle Gray

Dear @NicolaSturgeon, it’s now been a number of days since I sent the below to you and as of yet, our family & other’s still haven’t heard from you? I appreciate that you may be busy but surely the CHILDREN of SCOTLAND & the ABUSE they suffered is something of importance to you?!

Michelle and the other families who suffered will not go away, but it seems that the FM thinks by ignoring there cries for justice will break there resolve, she’s wrong, momentum is growing and people want the truth and justice.

Here is another message to the SNP, this time to the justice secretary

[IMG]Michelle Gray‏ @michellegray75 6m6 minutes ago So this was the response, from Scotland’s JUSTICE Secretary, 13 days after the man that abused & destroyed my brothers life was convicted for the 2nd time of sexually abusing children in Scotland! Also I’ve to email him AGAIN & I’ll get a response!!!! @HumzaYousaf

I think as a politician and a decent person you will agree that the lack of response from the Scottish government is very concerning.

As a mother yourself ( congratulations to you and your partner) you can feel the anguish of Michelle Gray and all the victims of abuse in this sordid case.

I implore you to either make plans for your own enquires or to demand an enquiry at FM questions

Please help the victims

Yours faithfully

Dear

Thank you for your email to Ruth Davidson MSP.

As you will have seen from her out of office, Ruth has recently begun a period of maternity leave. During her absence, the office is fielding correspondence.

If you are able to give me a call on 0131 348 6370 I'd be happy to discuss the issue with you. Alternatively, I would be happy to call you at a convenient time if you pass on your details.

As you say, this is shocking case and I recognise the distress of Michelle Gray and the other families affected.

I hope to hear from you and thank you, once again, for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Daniel Guild
Office of Ruth Davidson MSP
Leader, Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party
MSP for Edinburgh Central
T: 0131 348 6371

-----Original Message-----

The problem for me is that I am useless an a tongue tied wreck on the phone, therefor I’m looking for some help/advice before making the call
Get your best frock and lippy on mate and your confidence will be sky high and you wil be fine.

Firstly, I'd write down what you would like to say (short summary list of main points or longer if you feel more comfortable with that).

When you call Daniel just tell him that your not that confident on the phone so you have written down some points in order to best address them and might read from your notes during the call

You'll immediately feel more comfortable being up front about that and the call recipient will be more understanding if you come across as a bit hesitant at times.

Good luck!

Well done. You have an opportunity to ask why no questions have been asked in the Scottish Parliament. Stay calm and write down the points you want to make and don't mention Rangers, Religion and don't make it personal.

You should also pass over the contact details to Michelle and let the guy know you are doing so when you call.

Excellent work

Well done Bro. You have an opportunity to ask why no questions have been asked in the Scottish Parliament. Stay calm and write down the points you want to make and don't mention Rangers, Religion and don't make it personal.

You should also pass over the contact details to Michelle and let the guy know you are doing so when you call.

Excellent work

Thank you for your excellent advice, I wonder if someone would be so kind as to tweet Michelle the guys contact details. Tell her that I am going to call him at 3.30

Please don’t rip it to shreds, I never actually learned I read and write till my late 20’s

Dear Ms Davidson

I am both saddened and surprised that as a fellow conservative and a woman you have not commented on the historical child abuse that had been uncovered within the realm of Glasgow Celtic Football club, there has already been one conviction ( the second for similar offences by J Ames Torbett) and there are 3 more cases pending. I’m appalled that as a conservative lady such as yourself has not even offered a crumb of support to Michelle Gray ( the sister of one of the victims) or the dozens of others who have come forward. Michelle sent the FM the following message which Ms Sturgeon did not have the common descency to even acknowledge @NicolaSturgeon Let me tell you what’s OUTRAGEOUS. My 12 year old brothers life being destroyed by a man who was backed & supported by people in authority. A man who sexually abused my brother, continuously!! That’s what I consider OUTRAGEOUS! Not a last minute meeting request!!

Michelle Gray‏ @michellegray75 3h3 hours ago Michelle Gray Retweeted Michelle Gray

Dear @NicolaSturgeon, it’s now been a number of days since I sent the below to you and as of yet, our family & other’s still haven’t heard from you? I appreciate that you may be busy but surely the CHILDREN of SCOTLAND & the ABUSE they suffered is something of importance to you?!

Michelle and the other families who suffered will not go away, but it seems that the FM thinks by ignoring there cries for justice will break there resolve, she’s wrong, momentum is growing and people want the truth and justice.

Michelle Gray‏ @michellegray75 6m6 minutes ago So this was the response, from Scotland’s JUSTICE Secretary, 13 days after the man that abused & destroyed my brothers life was convicted for the 2nd time of sexually abusing children in Scotland! Also I’ve to email him AGAIN & I’ll get a response!!!! @HumzaYousaf

I think as a politician and a decent person you will agree that the lack of response from the Scottish government is very concerning.

As a mother yourself ( congratulations to you and your partner) you can feel the anguish of Michelle Gray and all the victims of abuse in this sordid case.

I implore you to either make plans for your own enquires or to demand an enquiry at FM questions

Please help the victims

Yours faithfully[/QUOTE]

Well done to you!

you should be proud that you are fighting a good fight!

Try not to build it up to be something more than it is, remember, it is ultimately talking you are doing. Something that you do every day without even thinking about it... In work, at home, all over.

Take your time, give yourself space and listen to what is being asked/said.

Well done for this, honestly really a great thing you are looking to do.

Why is not one MP putting pressure on the Scottish government to acknowledge this has happened, and challenging the scope of the review for me are the key points.

I just got this reply from another Conservative MSP

Dear

Thank you for your message in relation to the Michelle Gray tragedy. I am aware of the background to this.

The rules of the Scottish Parliament only permit me to raise issues on behalf of constituents, and as Michelle Gray is not (to my knowledge) resident in Mid Scotland and Fife it would be difficult for me to have a locus to raise the issue. What she should do, if she has not already done so, is contact her local MSPs. If she lives in Glasgow she has two Conservatives, Adam Tomkins and Annie Wells, either of whom I am sure would be happy to assist.

It is shocking that there has been so little response from the Justice Secretary on the issue she has raised, and I hope he can be forced to intervene.

I hope that this is helpful.

With kind regards,
Murdo

Murdo Fraser MSP
Member for Mid Scotland & Fife (Scottish Conservatives)
Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Finance

I wish there was a sensibly constructed blog on this case. It's horrible to read about but it needs to be heard in order that these criminals that covered this up are punished and the victims receive their long awaited apology.

We just don't seem capable of creating anything cohesive or even easy to read. No opinions..... just facts.

Michelle deserves that. They all do.

There must be someone capable of creating a blogg. Justice demands it.

Great work LL and cap doffed for pursuing the Conservative MSPs

Wonder if any Bear in James Kelly’s constituency could fire off an email asking when he is going to raise a questionable n surrounding this scandal at CBC and St Pats FC’s response?

After all Kelly was the MSP who raised the Neil Lennon topic at Holyrood

Surely Kelly will be equally interested in the child abuse scandal ?

Could someone please provide me with the names of the alleged perpetrators awaiting trial.

Do you think it would be ok to name them to this guy so I can ask his opinion on the possibility of a paedophilic ring operating in one of Scotland’s largest sporting institutions

I just got this reply from another Conservative MSP

Dear

Thank you for your message in relation to the Michelle Gray tragedy. I am aware of the background to this.

The rules of the Scottish Parliament only permit me to raise issues on behalf of constituents, and as Michelle Gray is not (to my knowledge) resident in Mid Scotland and Fife it would be difficult for me to have a locus to raise the issue. What she should do, if she has not already done so, is contact her local MSPs. If she lives in Glasgow she has two Conservatives, Adam Tomkins and Annie Wells, either of whom I am sure would be happy to assist.

It is shocking that there has been so little response from the Justice Secretary on the issue she has raised, and I hope he can be forced to intervene.

I hope that this is helpful.

With kind regards,
Murdo

Murdo Fraser MSP
Member for Mid Scotland & Fife (Scottish Conservatives)
Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Finance

Quite telling that Murdo Fraser thinks its shocking that the Justice Secretary has said little on this!!

There are a number of key issues, Lainey Love.

The first, and perhaps most important part of this issue, is to ask why sporting institutions have been excluded from the Scottish Government retrospective inquiry into historic abuse of children in this country. It really is astonishing that sporting institutions and religious bodies have been excluded, when it is already self evident to an ordinary man or woman in the street that these two classes of organisation are those where a large part of this problem lay.

The second issue is to seek confirmation that the Conservative Party in Scotland will apply pressure on Police Scotland to fully investigate the whole matter of an obvious paedophile ring operating at Celtic Boys Club under the watchful eye of club players, officials and directors from Celtic Football & Athletic Club at the time. If anyone knew of children being abused at those organisations and failed to contact the police, this needs to be investigated as to why they didn't phone the police.

The third, and last issue for me, Lainey, is to seek assurances that the Conservative party in Scotland will support Michelle Gray in trying to obtain satisfactory responses and comment from the First Minister, who clearly seems to think that saying nothing will make this issue go away. It won't. I am absolutely certain that Michelle won't let it go away until she gets justice for her brother and all of the other victims.

Oh, last last thing. This is nothing to do with Rangers. All and any reference to us or support from our fans for Michelle's efforts will, in my opinion, be counter productive. They want to be able to write off your support of Michelle as being the ramblings of a bigot. They aren't. Your concern is perfectly legitimate, but don't give the SNP paedo protectors an out on this one.

The first, and perhaps most important part of this issue, is to ask why sporting institutions have been excluded from the Scottish Government retrospective inquiry into historic abuse of children in this country. It really is astonishing that sporting institutions and religious bodies have been excluded, when it is already self evident to an ordinary man or woman in the street that these two classes of organisation are those where a large part of this problem lay.

The second issue is to seek confirmation that the Conservative Party in Scotland will apply pressure on Police Scotland to fully investigate the whole matter of an obvious paedophile ring operating at Celtic Boys Club under the watchful eye of club players, officials and directors from Celtic Football & Athletic Club at the time. If anyone knew of children being abused at those organisations and failed to contact the police, this needs to be investigated as to why they didn't phone the police.

The third, and last issue for me, Lainey, is to seek assurances that the Conservative party in Scotland will support Michelle Gray in trying to obtain satisfactory responses and comment from the First Minister, who clearly seems to think that saying nothing will make this issue go away. It won't. I am absolutely certain that Michelle won't let it go away until she gets justice for her brother and all of the other victims.

Oh, last last thing. This is nothing to do with Rangers. All and any reference to us or support from our fans for Michelle's efforts will, in my opinion, be counter productive. They want to be able to write off your support of Michelle as being the ramblings of a bigot. They aren't. Your concern is perfectly legitimate, but don't give the SNP paedo protectors an out on this one.

This all day long,fantastic response,well thought out and written,the truth shall set you free.

Dear Ms Davidson

Michelle Gray‏ @michellegray75 6m6 minutes ago So this was the response, from Scotland’s JUSTICE Secretary, 13 days after the man that abused & destroyed my brothers life was convicted for the 2nd time of sexually abusing children in Scotland! Also I’ve to email him AGAIN & I’ll get a response!!!! @HumzaYousaf

Please help the victims

Yours faithfully[/QUOTE]

Outstanding job Lainey.

Great advice Ar.

Very very important to keep Rangers out of it, as the OP says all and any reference to us or support from our fans for Michelle's efforts will, in my opinion, be counter productive. They want to be able to write off your support of Michelle as being the ramblings of a bigot. They aren't. Your concern is perfectly legitimate.

I wish you well.

Very very important to keep Rangers out of it, as the OP says all and any reference to us or support from our fans for Michelle's efforts will, in my opinion, be counter productive. They want to be able to write off your support of Michelle as being the ramblings of a bigot. They aren't. Your concern is perfectly legitimate.

I wish you well.
100% mate, this isn’t a point scoring game it’s a what’s right or Wrong issue and the blind eye turning to child abuse within our society and the lack of urgency to get it sorted out.

It’s being treated like the Grooming gangs in England with the attitude of don’t talk about it and it never happened.

Well done. You have an opportunity to ask why no questions have been asked in the Scottish Parliament. Stay calm and write down the points you want to make and don't mention Rangers, Religion and don't make it personal.

Excellent work
I think it is important that an MSP addresses a question to the Scottish government, why they have failed to give a satisfactory response to correspondence from Michelle Gray. Then no Scottish politician can deny ignorance of abuse which has has happened over decades.
This of course may be why no one has done so, it preserves their plausible deniability.

Could someone please provide me with the names of the alleged perpetrators awaiting trial.

Do you think it would be ok to name them to this guy so I can ask his opinion on the possibility of a paedophilic ring operating in one of Scotland’s largest sporting institutions
That would be pointless as they wouldn't comment on trials that are ongoing,as much as it pains me to say and we all know what went on,they haven't been found guilty of anything yet.Well done and good luck.

This

Good luck LL

That would be pointless as they wouldn't comment on trials that are ongoing,as much as it pains me to say and we all know what went on,they haven't been found guilty of anything yet.Well done and good luck.

Surely they need to account for their decision to ignore sporting and religious bodies from their national child abuse enquiry?

Surely all child abuse should be investigated, making exceptions is both sinister and bizarre.

Cairney and McCafferty were both celtc employees were they not? The ring, it seems to me, potentially operated across both the boys club and the club itself?

Saw an advert for the child abuse inquiry the orther day. So what the %^*& happens if you call up and say you were abused or know someone who was abused at a football club or religious organisation? They just say, “ah sorry that’s out of our scope”??

This is the very definition of a cover up where a public inquiry has been prohibited from investigating the worst offending institutions of the worst possible crimes because of inexplicable political motivation.

Makes me very angry that the people we have running this country are either so blinded by their love of the Catholic Church and Celtic, or at least scared to lose the voters that are, that they would do this.

All so they can go home feeling they did something, to any politicians watching in, you did %^*& all.

I told him that I really had no sporting allegiance and that I had been following this story for decades and that the latest revelations regarding the lack of acknowlegement not only from the first minister but from all MSP’s was to dissapointing for me not to contact the conservatives for comment and hopefully actions, he said that he was pleased that I emailed them and that it was a talking point in the office this morning

I am still waiting for a reply from the First Minister concerning why religious and sporting organisations are not in the National Child Abuse Enquiry.
She is beyond despicable. The SNP and this toad must be removed from office ASAP. Any decent-minded human being would have spoken and taken action long before now.

Religious (including religious schools) and Sporting organisations are the biggest areas where abuse has occurred. She knows this and she is unwilling to address it merely because of her catholic voters. There is no other explanation.

Any reason the MSP wishes to discuss on the phone - can you request that the call be recorded ?

Always a concern when someone does not put things down in black & white (via txt, eMail or letter).

Accept more can be covered in a phonecall quickly rather than back and forth in correspondence.

Last edited:
Surely they need to account for their decision to ignore sporting and religious bodies from their national child abuse enquiry?

Surely all child abuse should be investigated, making exceptions is both sinister and bizarre.
Of course it should all be investigated but we all know why they don't. Point of my post was that they won't discuss ongoing court cases,so there would be no point at present in bringing up names of those on trial or still to go on trial.

Agreed - however - the dots must be joined by Police Scotland in order that all of these disparate cases are investigated as inter-connecting crimes. This was a "RING" it was "PROTECTED" and worse still "COVERED UP!"

Police Scotland will only investigate en masse - if Political Pressure is applied. That is why politicians should be pressurized to comment on this matter - and in turn requested by their constituents to instruct Police Scotland to pursue this as a collective investigation into a large-scale organised Child Abuse Ring.

I told him that Michelle May get in touch and he was absolutely fine with that

Thanks again for your time and effort,I’ll pass on the message and I’m sure Michelle will call him over the next couple of days,and knowing her it will be tomorrow lol as she will is gunning for answers.

She is grateful for any help and best wishes.

Back