MyGers and Rangers TV

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I'm sure its been discussed more than once, but I'm just getting round to signing up to my gers. Bought it for my son and myself.

As I understand it, you gain 'points' if you sign up to RTV. How does that work? Do I just need to sign up monthly? Surely I dont need to subs in my house? Or will it be a case that if I sign up for RTV, I'll get the points and my son doesnt. Which then means I'll have better chance of the tickets that the tiers get you?

Sorry for the ramble....I hope someone gets my point!

Most questions are answered, unsurprisingly, in the FAQs mate.

The only way to get points from RangersTV subscription is to buy an Annual subscription. Monthly doesn't count nor do one-off purchases.

Points are allocated on an individual basis, not by household.

I'm sure its been discussed more than once, but I'm just getting round to signing up to my gers. Bought it for my son and myself.

As I understand it, you gain 'points' if you sign up to RTV. How does that work? Do I just need to sign up monthly? Surely I dont need to subs in my house? Or will it be a case that if I sign up for RTV, I'll get the points and my son doesnt. Which then means I'll have better chance of the tickets that the tiers get you?

that you trying to get a celtic away ticket :rolleyes:

Most questions are answered, unsurprisingly, in the FAQs mate.

The only way to get points from RangersTV subscription is to buy an Annual subscription. Monthly doesn't count nor do one-off purchases.

Points are allocated on an individual basis, not by household.

I’ve had a look through and can’t see it specifically. Maybe I’m missing it.

but for me and my son to be on the same tier, we need to buy two annual rtv subs. That seems a little bonkers. Given he is 10 and lives in the same house as me.

but for me and my son to be on the same tier, we need to buy two annual rtv subs. That seems a little bonkers. Given he is 10 and lives in the same house as me.

It does seem a bit crazy. All kids MyGers should be linked to their parent/guardian, so that they’re in the same tier, regardless of points. (Just my opinion).

Points allocated on an individual member basis. If you are asking whether a parent & child get allocated the same points I'd say the answer is 'No' - unless you've done the same thing, eg a single match purchase for the two of you or a Stadium Tour together. So, in relation to RangersTV if you were the subscriber it would be only you who got the points - 40 for an Unlimited (overseas) package and 25 for the Annual Standard (UK) package.

Obviously over time parents may well end up on a different tier to their child(ren). I think its an inevitable outcome of the system. Is the 25 points really going to make that much of a difference? We don't know yet I guess is the answer.

Points allocated on an individual member basis. If you are asking whether a parent & child get allocated the same points I'd say the answer is 'No' - unless you've done the same thing, eg a single match purchase for the two of you or a Stadium Tour together. So, in relation to RangersTV if you were the subscriber it would be only you who got the points - 40 for an Unlimited (overseas) package and 25 for the Annual Standard (UK) package.

Obviously over time parents may well end up on a different tier to their child(ren). I think its an inevitable outcome of the system. Is the 25 points really going to make that much of a difference? We don't know yet I guess is the answer.
I know that it’s not likely to be a perfect system for everyone. Kind of like the old away ticket scheme. But it’s probably likely that myself and my son end up on different tiers, meaning we could get to a Scottish cup final against them and we go for a treble. I get to go and he doesn’t. Even though we have contributed in exactly the same way.

it’s just illogical in my view.

I’ve already got a sign in for RTV. Presumably I need to wait for my RTV subscription to expire before joining mygers and then re-subscribing to RTV?

I’ve already got a sign in for RTV. Presumably I need to wait for my RTV subscription to expire before joining mygers and then re-subscribing to RTV?

I thought they took previous 5 years spend into account, so you would get the 25 points for your previously bought subscription? Might be wrong, mind.

In your RangersTV settings, there is an option to link it to your MyGers account

So no need to get another Rangers TV account

I thought that was just for ticket purchases as rangers tv wasnt automatically linked to a Rangers number.

Doesn’t make sense how you get points for an annual uk subscription but nothing for a monthly international one which is more money into the club.

Doesn’t make sense how you get points for an annual uk subscription but nothing for a monthly international one which is more money into the club.

You do.
25 points for the standard sub and 40 points for unlimited.

I thought they took previous 5 years spend into account, so you would get the 25 points for your previously bought subscription? Might be wrong, mind.

No, only ticketing history back to 2015:

What ticketing history will you use to create my initial loyalty points balance?

Using supporters Rangers Numbers, we will create initial loyalty balances based on the following activity from Season 2015/2016:

• Purchase of a Season Ticket (this includes renewals for Season 2020/2021).
  • Purchase of home single match tickets (for games not included in a purchased season ticket if applicable).
  • Season Ticket Holders who selected the “Away Scheme” CCS Scheme between 2016 and 2019 will be given an additional value.
  • Season Ticket Holders who selected the “Semi-Finals and Finals” CCS Scheme will be given an additional value.
  • Purchase of an away first team friendly ticket sold directly by Rangers.
  • Supporters who have accrued Travel Club points will have their points balance at the end of Season 2019/2020 converted into the new balance.
These values will be issued for every season starting from Season 2015/2016 (for example, a supporter who has purchased a season ticket five years in a row will have more points than a supporter who has purchased for three years).

All in the FAQ linked earlier in the thread.

Has there been any update on using the MyGers £25 towards Rangers TV yet? I read Greg Marshall say on here they had a workaround for this, but not sure if anything else has been said? Holding off subscribing until we get confirmation.

Looks like it:

How can loyalty points be earned from Season 2020/2021?

Loyalty points can be earned in a number of ways including:

• Home match attendance
  • Making your seat available via SeatSub for league matches within a defined time period
  • Season ticket purchases
  • Home match individual tickets
  • Domestic and European away ticket purchases
  • Purchase of a MyGers Membership
  • RTV Annual Subscriptions
  • Selected Club Events and Stadium Tours
As the MyGers Membership scheme grows, we will be adding new ways for supporters to earn points. Throughout the season, we may change the value of points earned on certain matches and activities.

Stadium Tours will only be eligible for one loyalty point per MyGers Member, per season.

As someone on the monthly Unlimited package, I agree. The SLO @Greg Marshall was asked about the monthly subs on here. Seems the Club are keen to get as many as they can onto the annual subscriptions in order to ‘flatten out’ demand, which apparently fluctuates widely over the year. I guess many folk drop their monthly subscription during the Summer or when we get to that point where the title is beyond us. The Club want a more stable income.

Last edited:

RTV Annual Subscriptions is 25 points cant see anything about child in same group getting points with the one subscription in a household

As someone on the monthly Unlimited package, I agree. The SLO @Greg Marshall was asked about the monthly subs on here. Seems the Club are keen to get as many as they can onto the annual subscriptions in order to ‘flatten out’ demand, which apparently fluctuates widely over the year. I guess many folk drop their monthly subscription during the Summer or when we get to that point where the title is beyond us. Rhe Club want a more stable income.

I get it gives them a guaranteed income but I’m sure there would be some work around for it, perhaps points based on X amount of months you had the subscription for last season.

The RTV scenario affects all households with more than one MyGers member in the household,creating an imbalance of points for family groups.

MyGers gives a 30 day free trial to the annual RTV sub, does anyone know how this is applied? Trying to take it out and it's saying £60.

Slightly off on a tangent but anyone know how bar72 holders can access the 3 months rtv free subscription?

Should be £54 at check-out I think mate. Might need to go to your RangersTV profile and add your Rangers Number first.

Thanks, my Rangers number is on my account. When I go to Join Now then Annual Subscription it comes up with £60 & the part to pay by card or PayPal.

Thanks, my Rangers number is on my account. When I go to Join Now then Annual Subscription it comes up with £60 & the part to pay by card or PayPal.

No idea then bud. I assume you have had confirmation of your MyGers membership? Hopefully someone who’s gone down that route can advise but I have certainly seen folk post about £54 at checkout.

No idea then bud. I assume you have had confirmation of your MyGers membership? Hopefully someone who’s gone down that route can advise but I have certainly seen folk post about £54 at checkout.

Cheers for helping. Aye I've had the confirmation through for MyGers and getting the emails from it.

I never really read into the MyGers stuff when it was first announced, as I live in the US and am rarely in Scotland anymore, but I see there is an International Membership (same price). Does anyone on here have this and what are the benefits for Bears abroad? In other words, what does it get me? Just more access to tickets if and when I come home?

Anybody else dreading the fallout from MYGers points. Be a daily thread.
There seems to be a lot of questions about it. So much so, that I’m afraid to post and ask my own question...

If I bought 5 tickets for a preseason game last year or 4 tickets for the Liverpool legends game... do I expect to get (for example) 10 points for each ticket I bought? Or just points for attending one game?

I've got the unlimited monthly sub (£17 per month) which lets you watch the games live when you are outwith UK (i.e VPN). I've considered changing to an annual sub but the only annual option on the site are for:

"Rangers TV Annual - Standard (£60) - Join now to watch exclusive Rangers TV content. (Excluding Live Video, Including Live Audio)"

I don't want to cancel my current unlimited sub and get stuck with one where I can't watch the games (with VPN)!

was there ever an unlimited annual sub?

Back